main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    She knows her way to tease too

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but this was beautiful in more ways than one. Kirk and Spock's friendship really is the best - but that last line left me with quite the grin. How beautifully expressed! =D=[face_love]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yum!

Following on the heels of "Mayhem" with a nod to the amazingly inventive entree of "Chyntuck Pie" introduced in a fun H/L fic.

~~~~!!!

"Compliment with Orchid"

"Hey! What's the occasion?" Nyota asked Spock when he presented her with the lovely peachy orchid.

"Discussions in the hydroponics garden about Celeborn and Galadriel for one thing and knowing your fondness for blossoming things for a second."

She bestowed a grateful kiss. "Love, there's something I want you to try. A unique concoction with vegetables, spices, and a flaky crust."

She unveiled a steaming platter which held a golden-brown crusted dinner pie with onions, many spices, and a cream sauce. "The sauce is supposed to be spicy but I asked for a substitution. Han tried to wow Leia with it on a date but the Wookiee-version was too intense, so they had to go on a picnic instead." She laughed.

The flavors were well-blended and totally smooth to the palate.

"Just the mention of Galadriel made you think of me?" Nyota asked, as she dug into a second slice.

"Of course." Spock replied as if it were the most natural thing.

Nyota's eyes glowed. "You get an extra treat for that compliment!!"

"I am quite satisfied, Nyota. This was adequately filling."

She leaned closer. "I wasn't referring to food, per se. Although ... if you'd rather not --"

He caught the laughing light in her eyes and her meaning simultaneously. "Oh." He said on a long exhale. "That is something altogether different."

She laughed, set the dishes into the auto-cleaner and straddled him. "I am glad you think so."

++++++

[face_laugh] [face_love]

Chyntuck likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect follow-up with the flower and the dinner and what comes next

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    "Just the mention of Galadriel made you think of me?" Nyota asked, as she dug into a second slice.

"Of course." Spock replied as if it were the most natural thing.

He really knows just what to say. :p [face_love]

The whole tone of this was beautiful - soft and lovely with just the right amount of romantic banter! But you already know what a great job you do with that. ;)

[:D]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This pairing makes writing such ridiculously, magnificently! easy! ^:)^ ^:)^

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! LOL! Inspired by a scene in an update by Duragizer.

~!

"I've been learning the art of foil and rapier from Hikaru." Yolette told Nyota. "He says I'm getting very good at it. I've even beaten him a time or two, and I know he's not just letting me win to be polite. I wouldn't let him get away with that anyway. But let me tell you, Ny, the first time I suggested learning - I did it to get to know him and because I was truly interested - he was - I guess discouraging or condescending - take your pick! He said it would doubtless be a waste of time. He hadn't found anyone who was as good or as interested in the art as might be around here. He does have a AAA rating, to be fair."

Nyota rolled her eyes. "Whew! When I asked Spock to teach me chess, he gave me this look as if to say: Really? Why? I told him even though I probably didn't use as high a percentage of my neurons as he did on an hourly basis, he should humor me anyway. You never knew."

Yolette laughed. "You said that?"

Nyota admitted: "In so many words. I felt good enough friends with him already and I also was more than halfway crazy about him. I am proud to say I did pretty good and he never raised an objection to anything I requested after that. Didn't raise a fuss when the Captain jumped in as an adversary in 3D chess. Jim is downright fabulous at the two-dimensional version too!"

"Dr. Benson has the rules to high-stakes sabacc. Got it off the 'Net on a Han Solo/Lando Calrissian site. What say we challenge our guys to a hand or two?"

Nyota laughed. "I like the way you think, girl!"

+++++

Mira_Jade and earlybird-obi-wan [face_batting]

Chyntuck likes this.
  8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aaah, the subject of bonding through shared pastimes! [face_love] I love that Yolette is learning fencing, and, of course, some of the best moments of Spock and Kirk interacting have been through their chess games - so I have to imagine it would be the same for Spock and Nyota!

Once again, this update was a beautiful glimpse inside of their relationship. [face_love]=D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes I do fondly remember those chess-games between Spock and Kirk and sabacc would be something for those Star Wars doctors indeed

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I told him even though I probably didn't use as high a percentage of my neurons as he did on an hourly basis, he should humor me anyway.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] You go, girl! :p

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nyota took singing lessons. She has the voice, the gorgeous perfect pitch voice! I can carry a tune but - not as well. She learned the lute but when I found out the context, I believe she had a personal incentive!

Dajan - he took up the saxophone. Alto and soprano are for lively mischevous moods. And the tenor - oh! That is all for me, it makes my toes literally curl - those soft deep flowing notes!

I was so happy that when he decided to learn an instrument it wasn't the kazoo!

++++++

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Chyntuck likes this.
  12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_love][face_laugh]

Oh, this was a sweet introspection from Kashore's POV! I completely agree with her about the saxophone, and that last line! [face_laugh] I can only agree with her on that a thousand percent. :p

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the reflections on music-making. Uhura is gorgeous when singing

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    And dancing ... she's a true artiste. ^:)^ ^:)^ ;)

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Using "Trial by Fire"

~~~!~!~!

"Weighing of Options"

I consider myself open-minded and at least receptive to the mores of various cultures and what they establish as rites of passage, etc. But I have never thought of the Vulcan ritual of Kahs-wan as anything but barbaric, rather like a scaled down version of the "Hunger Games."

I told Spock unequivocally that no child of mine would be induced or even slightly encouraged to pass through such a test! Even if we were to make our home on New Vulcan and even with their trying to retain lost facets of relevant societal activities, it did not matter to me in the slightest.

He pointed out that he had engaged in such and had not suffered adversely for it. It had bound him closer to his heritage as a consequence.

"Hmmm! The jury is still out as to whether it did any lasting harm." I retorted coldly. "And I am not going to budge on this one. Not an inch."

"The only judicious thing would be to present our views to our child and let him decide."

"A child that age? You would only be teaching him that it was all right to go against one of us versus the other at the very least, or at most which is worse, to divide and conquer! Let's not even bring it up as an issue."

"Nyota, it will be one, irregardless of whether ..."

"Oh, please. Not unless you make it one!"

"I am not the one who is raising objections." Was his composed reply.

I glowered and said crisply: "I should know better than to try to split hairs with you on such a fine point."

"Yes, you should." He responded, amused - not by the topic but by the way I was continuing to try to have the last definitive word.

I tried to hold onto my scowl but couldn't.
    I laughed. "You! I will concede one point to you. The jury is in, actually, on the merits of your character. Has been since day one."

He kissed me but I pulled away slightly. "Uh-uh! It's not going to be that easy to get back in my good graces." I said, and attempted to infuse icicles across our connection.
    He wasn't fooled, of course.

I then set about giving him a fiercely ardent kiss in return.

It was his turn to break apart briefly. "I think I have an idea that will satisfy your concerns. You hold T'Mai and Sarek in high esteem. Discuss this with them and at least agree to weigh what they say? You might assume that they would be on a particular side of the argument, but then again, their position or their reasonings might be of value."

"That is an excellent suggestion. Thank you for listening to me and giving my feelings credence." I said warmly.

"I always do."

"Yes, my darling love! You do."
    Equanimity restored, we got back to "business."

+++

LOL

Mira_Jade & earlybird-obi-wan

Chyntuck likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great discussion. No child should suffer the Kahs-wan ordeal. She is absolutely right

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I too am not a fan of the Kahs-wan idea, at all, (for a logical race like the Vulcans, it s interesting to see what survived Surak's changes, that's for sure :p) but I liked Spock's wisdom in asking her to have an open mind, and requesting that she discuss the matter with those whose culture birthed the ritual. Their dialogue was open and frank, and they could disagree and discuss those differing opinions without letting an argument get the better of them - which is so needed in any relationship. [face_love]

Beautifully, deftly handled. =D=

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks!!! With such a potentially fraught discussion, it says a lot when it can be handled with candor and mutual respect and not descending into aspersions or round-and-round wrangling. :p :D

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Dovetails snugly with Mayhem's Stalemate.

earlybird-obi-wan & Mira_Jade

~~~~~~~!!!

""Emergency Aid...Warm Fuzzies"

Spock's pager went off in the middle of dinner - a lovely Shepherd's pie with a dessert to follow of a light cream custard.

"An emergency in the medward." Was all he would tell her before he rushed off.

Nyota scowled. What the kark was that all about?! The custard would doubtless lose its marvelous frothy look although the pie would keep.

When he returned, he had an explanation.

Dr. Georgiana Vale, a xenoarcheologist had had a difficult delivery, but her wee one had come through safely as well as herself, thanks to his intervention so the doctors could perform their procedure. Her husband, Owen, would be joining them shortly.

Nyota's ire dissipated with the details. She beamed and said: "What a wonderful thing - you helped avert a tragedy into a joyous event! It must make you feel all kinds of gratification and warm fuzzies."

"Warm fuzzies, Nyota?" Spock asked, in his most "you don't say" tone.

She laughed. "Okay. I'll have the warm fuzzies, if you like."

They finished dinner and were actually able to salvage the custard.
    Then they cuddled and she purred. "I really, really love you."

+++++++

:)

Chyntuck likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect mushy follow up of Mayhem

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    It's good that they know how to argue and to come to a conclusion! I wonder what they'll decide to do about the test!

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I betcha that wasn't the first dinner life as a Starfleet officer disrupted, too. :p BUT, he was called away for a most excellent reason, and her reaction to the hows and whys of his departure was just lovely. A perfect follow-up! [face_love][face_love]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :) Yup, the reason for the most recent interruption was a great one and her reaction - well-deserved. [face_love] :*

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Concurrent with the end of What Matters Most.

~!

Sherralyn and Tristan were awaiting their next assignment. Sulu and Yolette were going to be on the Excelsior.

I was looking forward to our new field of endeavor but I felt sadness at the transitions and partings. I was one for keeping in touch with absent friends but it wasn't like upgrading a PDA or something. Those who make up your heart-family - it takes time to build such things and it doesn't come automatically.

I shared these thoughts with my betrothed as we gazed out on the river that wound through the Loire valley.

"Doubtless you will say I need to just get over it and that it's foolish to have such a reaction." I concluded.

"You should know better than that. I also am leaving special friendships behind. But there is one thing I am certain of, Nyota." His hands clasped mine, and our fingers interlaced. "You are luminous. You have a rare gift for drawing loyal and true-hearted friends to you."

I beamed and whispered. "Oh, you. I certainly got a grand one in you!"

++++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I thought that was a bit bittersweet! It's a bit like graduating from college -- everyone's going off in different directions.