main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Prismatic Hues of Love (Ficlet Collection) Posted: Oct. 12.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 31, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart

Genre: Mush and character and relationship growth.

Characters: Sarek/Amanda and also Spock/Nyota. The former will be in a separate post and different font for clarity.

Disclaimer: Borrowing with love.

~~~

First glimpse

Amanda Grayson watched the Holo-News and scanned the 'Web for items of interest to share with friends abroad and with her sister who was returning from working in Sweden.

Her eye caught the distinguished figure and caught the deeply resonant tones of the newly appointed Vulcan ambassador, Sarek. She was interested in their culture and knew better than to rely on half-baked notions and generalizations.

Being a lady of fine and discriminating taste, naturally, she noticed he was a feast for the eyes and those elegantly shaped ears ... They were something else altogether.

++++++

LOL

SQUEE!

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh what a spark that is, lovely!!

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    A spark indeed. :D [face_love] I am so happy to see this one up and going - count me in for the ride. =D=[:D]

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love the way she first notices Sarek's ears :D

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic inspiration for the context came from "Son of Unveiled Secrets." ;)

~~~~!

Dajan joined his wife on the wide hammock. The sun was setting and the kids were occupied in their rooms with school projects or with games, if their homework was completed.

He leaned to give a gentle blow in her closer ear as he wrapped an arm around her. She gave a squealing laugh and said: "Nyota's Xenolinguistics instructor is something else altogether. She sent me a 'pic." Kashore's eyes danced teasingly. "If I weren't married ..."

Dajan laughed lowly, confident of his charms and place in her heart. "Let me see. Hmmm. Did she give any commentary?" He asked, knowing his sister-in-law's forthrightness in conveying her interest or lack thereof.

"She speaks highly of his intelligence, the way his rich intonation made it easy for her to concentrate."

Dajan winked. "On what was she concentrating?"

Kashore laughed. "The way his pants fit? Hardly. Although ... it's not so much what she says but the way." Kashore closed down the 'padd and snuggled into Dajan's embrace.

She didn't think to express it overtly. But she had a sisterly hunch. Ny was on the way to becoming smitten.

+++++

Yowsa, and amen. LOL

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ha haa! Oh, but that was a fun update. I loved the sisters' bond, even across the distance - and Dajan and Kashore's teasing and interest in Nyota were adorable to read. 'Helping to concentrate'! Indeed. :p [face_mischief] Of course that would send bells a ringing. [face_laugh][face_love]

=D=[:D]

7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    You have my attention. I would love a good S/A story haven't seen one in ages. Sarek is my fave Trek character. :D

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

Dajan winked. "On what was she concentrating?"

Kashore laughed. "The way his pants fit?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I absolutely burst out laughing :D

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks ever NYCitygurl and Cushing's Admirer and Mira_Jade :* :* I love glimpsing things from some other who is close to but not involved in the pairing per se.

~~~!!!

Nyota smiled up at Derek Weston. "I enjoyed your lecture on the resurgence of the mural paintings and artwork in ceremonial and funerary contexts. One would think that thing would be restricted to Terra and obsolete a millennia and more ago."

Mr. Weston gave her an appreciative smile. Nyota was one of his most thoughtful and interactive students. Her quick intelligence was ever-present and inspired some lively class discussions.

"I am pleased I did not put you to sleep." He quipped. His hazel eyes sparkled with mirth.

Her melodious laugh rippled. "Give yourself more credit, sir." She winked and they parted.

Derek observed as she paused at Commander Spock's door. He knew that communications and linguistics was Nyota's career focus, so it was only natural that she would stop by for a discussion after hours. There was nothing unusual in that, even if when Derek left his own office of an evening more often than not, he would in passing notice that she was still engrossed. Apparently, time flew when ...

Nyota and Spock enjoyed conversations of an evening, of a professional and academic nature and otherwise. She told him of her family and he spoke of his. They had long talks about literature and poetry of all sorts and music, which was an avocation of each.

"You really do play the lytherette well," Nyota praised watching as his elegant hands strummed the lyre.

"Thank you, Ms. Uhura." He answered.

She smiled softly. "Please, call me Nyota. I know you won't accidentally be so informal during classes." She grinned.

They had been having increasingly frequent talks for the past month or so and had just started sharing a light evening repast. It seemed the reasonable thing to do...certainly.

Their conversation continued with her speaking fondly of her most recent trip to New York City and her tour of Virginia and the historic spots from North America's past.

When she took her leave, he handed her a slim volume.
    "I found this at a rare bookseller's the other day." He told her softly. "I immediately thought you would like it."
    The poems were a collection of classic sonnets by various authors. She beamed and thumbed through, finding Shakespeare, Barrett, and Cummings represented.

"Thank you! I will treasure this!" She said sincerely.
    A great majority of why was the giver, beyond the nature of the gift and the thoughtfulness behind it.

"You are quite welcome ... Nyota." He tried out her name very gently, and she felt a tingle run up and down her spine. Her heart raced and leaped and sang all at once.

Could there possibly be something behind Sherra's and Gaila's half-teasing assertions that she was falling - No, that was hardly likely.
    But the warm melty feeling in her tummy told a different story.

+++++++

Yessirree, but I loved that~!!!!!

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Apparently, time flew when ...

[face_laugh] Oh, if he only knew :p I love these little bits of seeing the relationship through others' eyes!

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I too really enjoyed seeing their relationship through someone else's eyes - those scenes really are the best. I love how the 'spark' between them is apparent to everyone but themselves at this point. [face_mischief][face_love]

And then:

She smiled softly. "Please, call me Nyota. I know you won't accidentally be so informal during classes." She grinned.

A great way to phrase it! :p The gift of the book, and the use of her name just cinched this one for me. Their deepening relationship flowed naturally with this scene, and it was a true pleasure to read! [face_love]=D=

[:D]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That was a blast. I loved the interplay between the two of them also. :) I love obvious to all but us moments LOL

~~~~!!

The attractive brunette with clear hazel eyes seated across the table presented a conundrum for Sarek.
    Amanda had been present with friends at a museum exhibit and had been making rather astute comments about a painting on display. One of her companions had asked about a Vulcan sculpture, and the guide hadn't known any more than what was appended to the display placard.

Sarek had politely offered to give an explanation and Amanda had been impressed.

She worked at a Charter school, with gifted students.

He hadn't expected to ever see her again but one week later, he had met her quite by chance on a pedwalk. Her high heels had caught on an uneven part of the crosswalk and he had moved swiftly to prevent a fall.

His grip had been strong but brief, merely lasting long enough to assist.

"These shoes are a hazard." She had grinned and added: "Thank you very much."

"It is fortunate I was near." He had answered.

Her eyes warmed with interest. "Yes. It was." Her look was measuring. "Want to have a cup of coffee?" She asked.

Knowing the fondness for such beverages among diplomats and other officials, he had agreed, and they had stopped for coffee, English tea for him, and a platter of strawberry-filled scones.

Amanda had said that at their encounter at the museum, he hadn't seemed overbearing at all. She mentioned this by way of saying one of her friends wondered why he'd 'shown the guide up.' Amanda's friend, Ashley Fenton, had contradicted that she'd found the Ambassador 'quite charming.'

Sarek raised a brow and enquired: "At which end of the spectrum do you fall, might I ask?"

Amanda had blushed prettily. "Definitely at the charming end."

Now more than three weeks later, they were together sharing sushi rolls--his strictly vegetarian, hers a mix of smoked salmon, spicy tuna, and shrimp tempura.

The casual outings together seemed to have come about quite naturally. The conundrum arose from two aspects: Was this what Amanda or someone else might consider 'dating'? And should he mention his aborted bonding to her?

What would be the implications of such a disclosure and what, if any, influence would that have on her opinion of him?

With an inner shrug, he decided to take the risk.

"So your prospective fiancée took a scientific posting." Amanda reiterated eyes bright with sympathy.

"Yes. We had respect and affinity for one another, but nothing deeper."

"Not a roaring passion." Amanda smiled.

"I was hardly expecting that."

"That's tommyrot." Amanda retorted. "You deserve that level of intimacy as much as the rest of us and should settle for nothing less."

"It is true that even though I would not speak of it so poetically, we do often find soul-bonds either voluntarily or in pre-arranged matches. The latter develop into the closer and richer variety if one is fortunate, whereas in the voluntary bonds, such an attachment is a prerequisite."

Amanda sighed.
    "With our kind, it's more overtly hit-and-miss until the right one comes along. I don't have the patience for trial and error. I'm waiting for chemistry initially to get me to be motivated enough to test the waters.""

"What is your definition of chemistry?" Sarek asked in frank curiosity.

"Complementarity and harmony of tastes, ideals, values, and dreams. Being a feast for the eyes doesn't hurt either." Her eyes laughed as they lingered on him.

As they left the restaurant, he told her frankly as they paused by her hover-car: "I have been thinking of you in the most irrelevant and frequent contexts, Amanda."

Her eyes glowed. "Sweet to hear. I'm flattered."

She laid her hand on the door-release. Before she could activate it, he asked,
    "Would you be my guest at the Vice-Admiral's promotion next week?"

Amanda did not hesitate.
    "I would be honored." She smiled. "It's a date."

Sarek found that he could not and did not want to contradict her conclusion.

+++++

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, but I loved every word of this update. [face_love] You know that I am a sucker for the pre-relationship build-up and you captured that bonding and 'chemistry' [face_mischief] wonderfully. Especially with it being from Sarek's point of view - you did a great job with subtly drawing him in before he even knew what was happening. :p

I loved the whole conversation about Vulcan courting as opposed to how humans find their matches. (Really, excellent dialogue. =D=) But:

"What is your definition of chemistry?" Sarek asked in frank curiosity.

"Complementarity and harmony of tastes, ideals, values, and dreams. Being a feast for the eyes doesn't hurt either." Her eyes laughed as they lingered on him.

[face_laugh] [face_love] I really enjoyed the whole conversation, but those lines just tickled me. :p

And then:

"It's a date."

Sarek found that he could not and did not want to contradict her conclusion.

He's so Vulcan. I love it. [face_love]

Thanks again for the wonderful update! =D=[:D]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect again. Caught up and seeing this. More please

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot!

From Spock's POV. :D

~~~~!

"Miranda ... took the maglev train from Brisbane to Sydney. She's been looking forward to this trip for ages, and now I just read all the 'Net that there was an accident." Nyota's voice broke. "I can't get her on her personal commpager."

"Doubtless the comm channels are for emergency personnel only. When the worst clears, more than likely you will be able to make contact." I told her. I spoke in a calming, assuring tone.
    She could take umbrage by saying "I know this... it's not helping."

Instead, she sensed the intent behind my words and took a deep breath. "Thank you. It helps to hear that." She attempted a smile.

I reached out and gave her hand a brief hand clasp. "Please, keep me informed." I said.
    At the quick contact, something warm flashed between us.

Her eyes were gentle and contemplating as they held mine.
    "I wil." She promised.

As it happened, Miranda took a later train because of being held up by a member of her tour group.
    Her half-jocular message to Nyota ran: "Never have I been so glad for a slow-poke in the party!"

When she commed me to tell me, I could hear the relief in her voice.

**~~!!

Nyota stopped by one evening to go over a technical detail in a project she was working on.
    (This was after our relationship deepened to a new level.)

Her eyes swept around my apartment as she stepped inside - and she slipped her brief-bag from her shoulder to the floor.

"So, you've removed all of T'Pring's holos?" She quipped, moving to the sofa.

"I beg to differ," I rejoined, "I never felt compelled to keep one." (In contrast, holos of Nyota were definitely in evidence.)

"Her face was etched on your mind, huh?" She grinned, leaning back against the cushions as I joined her.

I raised both brows at her.
    "I would hardly phrase it that way." I answered crisply.

She winked.
    "How would you, then?"

"Nyota."

"Yes?" She responded, innocently.

"What is the purpose behind all these peculiar questions?"

"Oh. Love!" She exclaimed and pounced.

A few pleasant moments later, she smirked, her eyes eagerly enquiring.
    "I came ... prepared to stay over, if you don't object."

I paused, teasing in turn.
    "Well, as to that ..."

"Yes?"

"I'm thinking."

Nyota unsuccessfully tried not to laugh.

"Yes, you are more than welcome to stay." I told her lowly, between kisses.

"Spock, I did come with a technical question." She said softly. "But, hey. It can wait."

She didn't get around to asking it until breakfast.

+++++

[face_rofl] [face_rofl]

[face_mischief]

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That is a horrible, scary feeling :( I'm glad her friend was okay!

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Glad that Miranda is OK and the following piece with the technical question was just sweet and teasing

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I have to echo the above sentiments! It was definitely good to hear that her friend was okay. But this:

"I beg to differ," I rejoined, "I never felt compelled to keep one." (In contrast, holos of Nyota were definitely in evidence.)

"Her face was etched on your mind, huh?" She grinned, leaning back against the cushions as I joined her.

I raised both brows at her.

"I would hardly phrase it that way." I answered crisply.

The teasing and the banter was just awesome. Really wonderful to read. [face_love]=D=

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

The first time she was with Sarek for an official function, Amanda wore a lovely evening gown of black satin with a sheer bodice. Her over-wrap was made of lace.

She was courteous and vivacious, and she could tell Sarek was pleased he had such an attractive and charming companion.

She and he danced several times together. He was an amazingly graceful dancer and being close made her heart skip a beat.

His hand on her shoulder made her feel warm and tingly, both at the same time.

Having her so obviously with him kept the other unattached ladies at bay.

Amanda amusedly realized that he must often be the recipient of unwanted and unasked for flirtations.

She mentioned this half-teasingly as he accompanied her to her front door. "I was happy to be ... of service then, in keeping the inconvenient attention away from you."

"That was a subsidiary benefit," He answered. "Your company was the primary reason I asked."

She flushed happily.

He held her gaze before she released the security codes. "I'll be off-world for the next three weeks. I shall comm you when I return?"

"Please do." She replied readily.

When time had passed, Amanda allowed herself to wonder: When he returns, will he still want to see me again, or will he reconsider whatever this is we're developing in a more sensible, objective light?

When he actually did comm her, she was relieved.

Apparently, this showed in her tone of voice and the flash of her eyes.

His warm, rich voice flowed over her as they shared pleasantries.

She made dinner for him, a rich and savory quiche her mother had always made for her and her sister and brothers.

They talked over mundane things and when he took his leave, he grasped her hands in thanks and leaned in close for a brief kiss.

Amanda thought it would be interesting, perhaps even enjoyable, but she wasn't expecting the bottle rockets ...

"Wow!" She whispered when they parted, finding he was not entirely unaffected by the way his gaze was holding hers.

Sarek looked at her speculatively.

She felt him blossoming somehow in her mind, a soft, melodious orchestral type experience-- in the Boston Symphony Hall.

"It appears there is a nascent bond forming between us, Amanda." Sarek finally concluded after a moment's pondering.

"Sarek," She tried his name out shyly in the light of this new context, "How ...?"

"It doesn't happen often. It is rare, as a matter of fact."

"Do you ... mind?" She tentatively asked.

"I cannot say that I do." His eyes sparkled with inner mirth as he kissed her again.

This second was longer, and more intense.

She wound herself around him for a long handful of moments.

"By the Star of Earendil..." She breathed. "Miraculous..."

++++++

That was a blast!

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sarek and Amanda are a perfect couple and the way you are describing the developing is miraculous

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Once again, you have that soft, wonderfully feeling of falling for someone perfectly expressed here. I particularly loved her worry over his continued interest after their separation, and yet, the last part of this entry - the best. I love that a bond was developing between them already, and her awe and his fascination for that were just wonderfully portrayed. That jumped right up to a London Symphony Orchestra experience, indeed! [face_laugh][face_love]

=D=[:D]

22. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    If it would up to me, I could read fun stories like yours every time of the day, but then a "Real life" Nyota and 11 other children would miss their kindergarten teacher a lot. O:)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Thanks all especially Nicole. [:D] I feel that way about the L/M specialists and any mush efficianado. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This week's prompt is "Truly, Madly, Deeply"

~~!!

She ripples beneath my hands like an ocean wave, her lips and eyes smiling and inviting.

"Nyota." I breathe against her pulse point, softer than a whisper of a breeze in early spring.

"Hmmm." She purrs happily.

I pull back from her and say contemplatively:
    "Do you know there might have been a moment, a second, when I weighed what you might term the pros and cons of a romantic relationship with you?"

She frowns, bracing herself against my potential answer:
    "Really? When was that?"

I gaze at her, thinking back ...
    When... in all our evenings together of deepening friendship, or when I realized there was a bond forming between us, when I knew in my very essence how very essential she was becoming ...?

I admit lowly, with ineffable wonder:
    "Frankly, my own, I do not think there was ever such a moment."

Her eyes glow with love as she replies:
    "Spock my heart, do you know what? I love you truly, madly, and deeply! Your wonderful uniqueness called to me. Never did I question the rightness or have to ask what this was. No doubt, no question. Our love has grown stronger with time, with knowing, but from the first instance I laid eyes on you, something within me knew."

"Indeed?"

"Yes." She answers confidently. She grins suddenly. "Rather like Galadriel trying her darndest not to notice Celeborn at the greeting ceremony, but failing utterly. His patience wore her down, even as his soul called to hers."

I crush her nearer, kissing her at length.

It is our first-year anniversary, and I have just succeeded in giving my ashal-veh a surprise meal of her favorite Mediterranean dishes and a plethora of cheesecake: turtle, peach, and pumpkin spice.

I must aver however that this post-prandial indulgence is sweeter.

+++++

[face_dancing]

[face_love]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They were meant for each other from the moment they saw each other
    truly madly deeply are only three of the words to describe their love;)