main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] "Q-pid" sets things to rights - Q; S/U. One-post.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: "Q-pid" Sets Things to Rights
    Author: Jade eyes
    Genre: Mushy fun
    Characters: Uhura [of the TOS] and Q, Spock
    Disclaimer: Borrowing with affection.

Summary: Q takes a hand in setting lovely things in motion.

~~~~~~

Q was not a romantic by nature; more like a mischievous leprechaun with a penchant for stirring things up. He had the classic Dr. Who's ability to peruse the Timestream, and he also liked to be the prankster, however.

When he saw the altered timeline, and the joy in the Lieutenant's eyes, and the sense of serenity Commander Spock seemed to have found with her, even his jaded sensibilities were touched beyond explaining.

So in the timestream, before things diverged, he decided to take a hand in things.

he visited a world where the Enterprise was taking shore leave, and presented himself to Uhura as a seller of trinkets and baubles.

he spun a merry tale of what-ifs and perhapses -- claiming to have what the Celts called second sight.

Uhura, for her part, was entertained but more than a trifle skeptical. Her true love was right there among her crew-mates, and the one she least expected?!! She thought: He's spinning a tale and no doubt! And yet --

it was rather telling that without hearing a name, she instantly knew/guessed who it was, might be ...

How Spock's gaze caught and held hers as she entered the bridge, not inappropriately or too long, but always with a touch of -- something ...

When he came back safe from a landing team crisis, her heart always felt eased somehow -- although she always told herself it was her natural care for a fellow crew-member ...

When that nasty "piece of work" (McCoy's words) T'Pring pulled a nasty trick on him, her blood had boiled -- much as it would if someone had done that to her brother -- she told herself -- (if she had one) ...

When they went to see a play, of two pairs of lovers - one showing incredible faithfulness and the other pair finding each other in times of war, she had nothing but high praises to sing.

Spock, who was sharing the same table with the rest of the bridge crew, observed: "I didn't know you were such a romantic, Lieutenant."

Her eyes danced. "There's a lot about me you don't know, Commander." There was a teasing, inviting lilt in her singer's voice.

Spock's compellingly dark eyes held hers. "Is that a challenge?"

"It might be," Uhura replied, "And it's also an invitation."

She even told him what McCoy had told Christine about T'Pring and which Chris had naturally told her -- all in the context of saying she was glad he had come back from that entire situation, and the Captain as well.

When she told him of McCoy's terse commentary, something like sharp amusement had glinted in his eyes.

"I didn't tell you that as soon as you came back." She offered shyly. "But I wanted you to know."

"That challenge you offered me a week back ..." He began suddenly after a pause. "Do you recall it?"

She smiled. "Yes."

"Then perhaps we could share refreshments or dinner some evening and get ... better acquainted?" He proffered.

Was that sensation actually -- a myriad butterflies dancing?

"I'd like that." Uhura answered.

If their crewmates gave them sharp and interested looks that first time, Uhura told herself she didn't give a jackal's hind end what they thought.

They had a great deal of interests in common: the historic, cultural, and linguistic trends on many worlds.

Music was a deep passion for both of them, his in composition and playing the lyre -- hers in singing magnificently any song she set her mind to.

When Sarek and Amanda came to attend the Babel conference, Amanda kept vigil at Sarek's side, and Uhura kept a close eye on Spock, as well.

She even went so far as to bring him a "get-well" bouquet of flowers -- which definitely caught his attention, and made her wonder.

It was around this time that she said: "You can call me Nyota, you know."

"I'm not sure that I could." he protested.

"of c

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Q? A closset romantic? o_O

I like it!! :D

I also liked how you staged this - the snippets that all add up to form something much larger. Lovely. [face_love]

When that nasty "piece of work" (McCoy's words) T'Pring pulled a nasty trick on him, her blood had boiled -- much as it would if someone had done that to her brother -- she told herself -- (if she had one)

Of course, McCoy's words. :p

And brotherly. Of course. [face_whistling] o_O

Spock's compellingly dark eyes held hers. "Is that a challenge?"

"It might be," Uhura replied, "And it's also an invitation."

By the powers of banter above, but that whole interchange was wonderful! :D [face_love]

Her heart did a flip and warmed. "That wasn't so hard, now, was it?" She teased with a laugh.

Something in his eyes sparked at the sound of her laughter. "No, not at all." He admitted.

I will not turn to goo, I will not turn to goo . . . [face_love]

And I like it how this scenario made quick work of the Liela one. [face_laugh]

"I am told you will make a full recovery and will be released in 24 standard hours - 48 hours, at the longest." He said by way of explanation. "Now that I am assured of that, I can --"

Awww, the Vulcan version of stumbling over your words. [face_love] I love the interaction you had building up between them. :)

"Yes," Uhura affirmed very softly, "I do believe it's love, all right." Not infatuation, or even fascination -- which latter was definitely how it had all started. Respect, trust, and a healthy dose of affection had transformed into something deep and splendid.

For the love of SQUEE, but that was PERFECT!! :D

Watching from a distance, Q had to smirk. yes, things had taken a bit longer in this timestream, but things were flowing as they should.

Some things were destined across all the planes and eddies of the space/time continuum, and this bond of theirs -- was one of those.

Too cute - the meddling old coot. :p (Thank-goodness for that, this time, at least. ;))

This was a great idea for a story, and you handled it wonderfully.

=D=

~MJ @};-

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh]

I love Q!

I have no doubt he would do that.

:*[face_love]:*

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002