main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek RL DDC 2016 (diary of Nick Roberts)completed

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2016.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great that he is learning from McCoy. Definitely a great situation.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice that the competition continues even without wins, you know they're having fun.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    fun and now some change

Entry 33
    McCoy is leaving. He told me yesterday that he had found something far more interesting than being a respected surgeon in a hospital and working with me.
    During one of his missions he came into contact with the Fabrini and opted to go with them shortly after he was diagnosed with a terminal disease known as xenopolycythemia. He had been given one year to live. He changed his mind about staying with the Fabrini, choosing rather to search the galaxy to discover a cure for his disease and found one.
    But the Fabrini and their ancient medicines remained a great attraction.
    He is going into research.
    He will leave on friday.

And that’s tomorrow.
    I have to stop and help Teri.

RX_Sith likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, that is a change. =D= =D= The exotic and compelling and gentle Natira ;) is a pull too I'm sure. Woohoo!!! Will definitely spin off this for my diary. :D

5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    With McCoy now leaving, hopefully Nick can start his own worthwhile efforts in medicine.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    definitely a change for McCoy
    he will and in being a SEAL instructor

Entry 34

McCoy has left two weeks ago. I have been very busy but have now time to write about this.

He was very emotional when Teri presented him with our gifts. One was a set of antique books with the whole X-wing stories.

He told me that they had been his favorites with Corran Horn and Wedge Antilles. They became lost when he was in the middle of his divorce and was ordered to leave the apartment immediately by the lawyer of his ex-wife. When he came back to get his stuff all those books were gone. His ex despised those Star Wars stories and had trashed them.

The other gift was another antique book about medicine and child care written by Doctor Spock.

McCoy smiled when he opened the wrapper and said ‘Spock should see this.’
    He received more gifts of course
    Janice Rand was among the guests.

I heard her muttering about…

RX_Sith likes this.
  7. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Very nice with the gifts that McCoy received including the Star Wars and Doctor Spock books.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice farewell gifts :) and ominous interruption there :oops: with Rand muttering about? ;)

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I have made him a huge Star Wars fan and the Dr Spock boek on my mother's bookshelf was just a nice inspiration
    interruption for something serious yes and also featuring in medical mayhem

Entry 35
    That was my pager, prompting me to make a beeline towards the hospital.

Director Ron Vance was there and had a sad look on his face and … yes this is difficult for me too.

Ron had received a message from Starfleet and was muttering about the bumbling burocrats sending that message only now and making it impossible for him and me to go today to the funeral in Russia of a great young man that had been a part of our lives.

Ron – as supervising medic – had met him in San Francisco as a cadet giving aid to a group of children in an orphanage.

Pavel Andreievich Chekov was our friend.
    A great and promising young man is no more.

Chekov succumbed to injuries when an accident occurred at the navigation controls. He had been working there with Hikaru Sulu and a crew.

Almost a year ago I wished him all the luck in the world with his new assignment as master of security on the Enterprise.
    Pavel Andreievich Chekov, I have only this to say.
    Dos vedanya, Pavel.

RX_Sith likes this.
  10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Sorry to hear about Chekov.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Entry 36

I saw Janice Rand again today.

Teri and I went to Kyle and Isabeau for dinner when she came in for a short visit before going to Starfleet headquarters. She had been visiting her family in San Diego.

Janice began to tell all about the new Enterprise and the new transporter.

That tech talk had me even more disliking the atom-scrambling piece of mayhem.

Janice couldn’t convince me that transporters are the way to get from A to B in the easiest way.
    “But admiral Kirk has seen it and he loves it,” Janice said and told us more about the visit to his office.

Isabeau smiled when she heard about the gleamy eyes of Jim when he was looking at the new designs. But she is sure that Audrey will have a great influence on him.

“He will come when the need is high,” Janice said.

“But his love is Audrey. And she will allow him to go,” Isabeau was very clear on this.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 37
    Busy, being very busy kept me from writing in my diary.
    BUD/S trainees had me busy. After their graduation they went for training with me in the hospital to become the corpsmen in their team.

And I had Teri giving me all the loving support and I had to give her support as well and of course Jessy.

Not all of being busy was work related.
    We went again on a trip into the wilderness and ended our stay at the ranger’s cabin. He is still going strong but he appreciated our house-cleaning immensely.

And Jessy baking a fruit-pie brought a big smile on his face.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 38
    Did I write busy in the last entry?
    Yes but this was busy with a big B.

Almost two years have passed since writing entry 37.

I have followed the news of course about the refitting of the Enterprise and I am expecting visitors this evening and...

14. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooh, a time jump sounds interesting! I'm looking forward to seeing where the crew of the Enterprise goes next. [face_thinking]

Your tribute entry for Chekov was beautiful, too. =D=[face_love]

15. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Some very interesting events (from the original TOS movies) are coming

Entry 39
    My writing was interrupted by our visitors Spock and Nyota.

Nyota told me about the new captain of the Enterprise.
    Willard Decker is a young protégé of Jim Kirk and recommended by him to lead the crew.
    Jim sure is busy helping young men.

Spock told me of his replacement. Commander Sonak – a full-blooded Vulcan – will be the science-officer. He is of course very content with him.

And I sure was surprised when he showed me a picture of the new navigator. Ilia is a Deltan female. That species is known for certain influenses on men. I wouldn’t know if I would have been able to resist her charm.

Nyota began to giggle when I looked at the picture of Ilia.

And that giggle had Spock commenting that Ilia had sworn a celibacy oath to serve in Starfleet.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 40
    McCoy visited us. He stayed for two days and will stay in contact with us because of Jessy.
    Jessy was very pleased with the visit. At school she is working on a biology-project and McCoy could help her with the details.

McCoy is enjoying his research and is now quite different looking with a scruffy beard and moustache. No clean OT’s or scrub-rooms for him any more.
    He showed me pictures of his lab and and the various Fabrini medicines he had re-discovered to work for some diseases.

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, the new crew sounds fascinating! I like your casting choices. [face_thinking]

And I doubly like the scruff for McCoy; I think it fits him. [face_love]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Its from the first movie and I loved him

Entry 41

McCoy is on comlink talking to Jessy. They are discussing the biology-project.

Jessy is very pleased with his help and has been in contact with him every evening.
    And I had to tell him each evening about the work in the hospital and the new recruits now preparing for their medical exams.

And what…

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 42
    That was a suddenly severed discussion.
    We found out days later.

McCoy contacted us to tell us that he was again enlisted as chief medical officer on the Enterprise after some terrifying events.

The Enterprise and her crew saved the earth.

Jim Kirk – after a heated discussion with Admiral Nogura and Lori Ciana – took command of the Enterprise and had his old crew joning him including Spock and Nyota Uhura.

Even McCoy was snatched away from his research by the repaired transporter.
    Yeah that piece of mayhem was responsible for the deaths of commander Sonak and Lori Ciana before Scotty was able to repair the thing.

Willard Decker was not pleased at all but played a major role in averting the disaster.
    An old space-probe came to find its creator but the thing was rebuilt by some machines and had developed some intelligence, quite hostile for humans.
    All ‘carbon life-forms’ were to be exterminated by an entity called Vejur.

Vejur had begun its journey back in the 20th century as a Voyager craft exploring the planets and beyond. Contact with Voyager was lost after it entered a worm-hole. It came upon a mechanical society, was repaired and had a new mission to seek the creator.
    Ilia was the first victim of the Vejur proble and was replaced by an android shaped like her.

Decker could eventually communicate with the android and discovered that Ilia’s mind was there. He joined her to give what Vejur wanted.
    A new life-form was born and earth was saved.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 43
    Yesterday Isabeau and Kyle came to our place. Isabeau had received a message from Uhura.
    The Enterprise is again on a 5 year mission with Jim Kirk as captain and Spock as exec.
    And a surprise for all of us was the enlisting of Pjotr Chekov, the younger brother of Pavel Chekov as navigator and replacing Ilia.
    And…

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Huh, a very interesting reason for the band to get back together. That sounds like quite the crisis! [face_thinking] Though I doI like the idea of another five year mission, and am curious to see where they go next. =D=

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    based on the first Star Trek movie

Entry 44
    That was my pager.

I was called to help with an emergency. A man was sedated and on the table when I entered the OR but who was there when I went into the scrub-room to prepare?
    Kyle was just outside the ER sitting there with his head in his hands.

I kept the man sedated and in a stable condition, was glad that the surgery to remove two bullets from his abdomen was successful and went to Kyle and asked what happened.

Before Kyle came with the whole story I told him that the man would recover fully.

A very relieved looking Kyle told me that Bill Yarden – the guy on the table – had been his instructor at the advanced sniper-course before moving to one of the teams stationed in the African region. Kyle had been instructing a class of BUD/S trainees when he was called away and heard what had happened in a remote desert. Bill Yarden and his team had been engaged in a fire-fight when they tried to rescue a group of teenagers from religious fanatics when Bill got injured. Kyle used his influence – a friend of Audrey – and was able to use the resources of Starfleet to beam Bill directly to the ER of the Coronado Seaview Hospital.

I have to go. Kyle and Isabeau are here.

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    That definitely sounded like a close call; I'm glad that Nick was able to help out Kyle's old instructor. :)

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and he keeps busy

Entry 45
    Kyle told me more about Bill Yarden and his funny way to instruct snipers. I recognised a lot from my sniper-training. Kyle began to tell…