main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek RL DDC 2016 (diary of Nick Roberts)completed

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2016.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Star Trek RL DDC 2016 (diary of Nick Roberts)
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

RL

McCoy insisted. Yeah the former chief medical officer of the Enterprise can be very persuasive. And he had the means to persuade me.
    I was trapped in the keep-the-patient-safe-and-immobile-during-transport torture-device. McCoy let me promise him to begin writing a diary before he freed me of the device and had me installed in the place to be for the coming months, a comfortable medbed in a room with a view.
    I even found a title for the thing.
    RL, shorthand for Recovery Log.

Yeah I got injured pretty badly on a mission to Iriona II to aid refugees.
    It was my decision. I didn’t do my usual stuff keeping patients asleep on the OT.

A redshirt ending up under my care after a fight with Simira rebels had me teaming up with lieutenant Omali and his redshirts to find more weapons. I could teach those redshirts some about close quarters combat being a former Federation SEAL and they listened to me or mostly.

One – Burke – ended up covered in smelly stuff and suffering from stomach cramps and vomiting when he started to rush headfirst towards the door of a building in a Simira compound. He could have suffered worse but he listened and dove into that ditch / open sewer.

Doing sentry duty and teaching the redshirts some more about sniping I saved Teri and her daughter Jessy from a hideous death at the hands of Simira thugs led by warlord Theodorus.
    More observations from our sentry post had us sure where to find him and his friends.
    Lieutenant Omali got busy and asked me to accompany him.

I got injured after stunning Theodorus with a head-shot. Two of those old fashioned lead bullets made a mess of my left shoulder, two ribs and my left lung and left calf, shattering the tibia and taking away a part of the fibula.

I came back to consciousness hearing the hissing of a ventilator. Now I was at the receiving end of the tube because my left lung had collapsed. And there was Teri caring for me and me telling with my eyes what she felt. We were in love and now I have to end this first part.

McCoy is coming.

Chyntuck, AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    "Recovery Log" cool title. I will be enjoying this one! [face_dancing]

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This diary is going to be fantastic this year. You're already off to a wonderful start, and I can't wait for more. =D=

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yay, I'm so glad to see a new NSWFF diary! I'm looking forward to seeing what you (and Nick!) have in store for us this year :D

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Definitely different with a unique view of McCoy and the rest of the characters in Star Trek.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    McCoy will play an important part

Entry 2
    McCoy was there with his ‘keep-the-leg-happy’ treatment. Yeah with the external fixture the bandages are changed every day and the pins and leg are cleaned. Not something I am looking forward to but I endure. I have my leg and I want to keep it.
    It has kicked me again out of a very nice job.

Paris ended my life as a Federation SEAL. During the OP I got an injured ankle, requiring some surgery and was told that HAHO and HALO were a no for me. We did HAHO (parachuting) on Paris gliding in the dark past the Eiffeltower to a landing near the Louvre where we had to get someone. That’s all I can tell.

I left the Federation SEALs with a full medical discharge and funding for a study at Denver university hospital to complete my medical study.

I was a sleep-doctor in a Midwest country hospital when I got a message from Kyle Crisson. Like me he had been injured too on the Paris OP and been medically discharged. But he had followed an advanced security course and had applied to Starfleet and sent the form that had me enlisting as a medical officer.

I have to end. My leg is hurting and I have to call a nurse for some meds.

Chyntuck, AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very interesting details about the mission in France. Nick is not an impatient patient, thankfully. [face_laugh] He is willing to do all that is needed to recover completely.

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Some very interesting details about Nick! I enjoyed learning more about him with this update. =D=

(Though I do feel for his leg injury - ouch! :()

9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nick sounds like a pretty cool guy and hopefully his leg will get better with time and healing.

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice! I like learning more about Nick :)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He has more to write after some nice visits
    He will reveal more about his jobs
    Time will tell
    He sure is interesting

Entry 3
    Meds gave some relief but Kyle, McCoy, Teri and Nyota were a great distraction.

Nyota used the transporter yesterday to visit me. She told me that she too is writing a diary together with her great friend Audrey. She and Audrey are now working at Starfleet headquarters. She showed me a design for the new uniform. It is a pyjama-like jumpsuit and more something suited for bed. Bu the collar is again looking like a torture device.

And McCoy didn’t come for the treatment of my leg but a nurse and one of the therapists giving me therapy for my left arm as well. The nurse treated my leg and the therapist gave me one of those squeeze-balls and told me to get moving with my fingers. With the shoulder and ribs still protesting finger-exercises are the only thing going, if only a bit. The right hand is OK and used for writing this diary and getting drinks – beside that what’s coming from the IV-bag – and using a fork to get my first, solid food today.
    I have been on liquid food since the ventilator was removed now nine days ago.
    And I am still peeing in a bag and longing to use the bottle there standing on a table.

Kyle Crisson – in an oh so funny swim-buddy way – left the empty bottle of energy drink after ordering me to get doing it the SEAL way. Yup, on missions I could relieve myself half asleep using those bottles and being careful to drink from the right one to hydrate myself. But Kyle got serious when he told me what had happened when he beamed down to Starfleet command. Kyle was really pissed when he heard about my discharge and tried to convince the top brass nitwits that it was unjustified. Banging some doors and going public about the entire mission to Iriona II and what happened to me he is now facing charges from Starfleet. I hope he will get a good lawyer.

No Teri today because she is busy decorating the new house. Two days ago she found a nice cottage in the suburb of Coronado. She fell immediately in love with the house. And when I saw the video I knew it is the place to be for us. We could buy it with the savings I had put away during my tour on the Enterprise.
    I will marry Teri. But I have to be on my feet speaking the vows.

If only my leg wasn’t hurting this much. And my temperature, I am shivering and will call the nurse.

Chyntuck, RX_Sith and AzureAngel2 like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice catching up with friends and terrific that Teri found a cozy place to settle. :) Yikes, therapy sounds unpleasant and having a temperature still... [face_worried]

13. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    This is really fun stuff and I am pretty enjoying this, but please be do not crossed if I have little time for decent comments.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nick is at least planning his future out when he is well enough to start having it.

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    It's good to see that Nick's hanging in here, for which his friends are doing a lovely job with helping. I especially liked his commentary on the collars - he and McCoy get along great for a reason, so it seems. ;)

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    is bad as you will see
    fun and mayhem will follow
    I loved McCoys comments in the series and movies

Entry 4
    The old ankle injury was acting up again. The nurse coming with the pain-meds took my vitals and called McCoy.
    I was running a fever.

McCoy used his portable scanner and told me he had to operate immediately. The bones of my left leg were becoming infected because of the external fixture.
    Teri was called back and was there holding my hand when ‘sleepy’ Mack put me asleep.

Teri was the one I saw when I regained consciousness and urged me to get breathing on my own.
    Yes I was again on a ventilator and had to be weaned of the tube. Teri getting really persuasive had me beginning to breathe and that way McCoy could remove the tube.

Teri was jubilant and kissed me after I regained my voice. Her kiss was of course very sweet.

McCoy told me that the external fixture was removed and the infection treated. My tibia is now held together by a plate and pins and the ankle bones have more metal holding them together. The leg is encased in a soft splint, making treatment and exercises of the muscles possible.
    And I have now doubts about a full recovery. McCoy told me that I will have a permanent limp because of the fused ankle bones.

Chyntuck and RX_Sith like this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, an infection. :eek: Glad it was successfully treated and the surgery went well. Having a permanent limp as a reminder hmm - of course with physical therapy that doubtless will be minimized. [face_thinking]

18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Well at least he didn't lose his leg.

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm glad they caught the problem and treated it! It still sucks that he's been discharged through :(

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    McCoy is there;)
    He has great help
    Starfleet top brass

Entry 5
    McCoy was here today and he had some news from Starfleet. He telling that Nyota is busy investigating Admiral Panusconi had me remembering an old ‘friend’ of my childhood days and giving an involuntary gasp.

McCoy became curious of course.
    Was it me protesting that I formed a unit with my bed? Was it the treatment he was giving to my leg? No, it was the Sithly Panusconi family.

I told him that his uncle – Harry Panusconi – lived in the village where I grew up. Harry was very friendly towards the Majeski and Roberts families. He was especially friendly to Lionel Majeski, my friend since kindergarten and the only child of John and Mara Majeski. I knew there was something wrong but couldn’t figure it out. John and Mara were working in the university hospital as teachers and were away often, leaving Lionel – after he turned 5 – alone in the house under the care of Harry.
    What Harry did to Lionel became clear to me when Lionel went to study in Denver to become a doctor. We went away on the same day.

I had enlisted in the Federation navy because I wanted to stay on earth and become involved in the rescue and safekeeping of people. And I had heard about the Federation SEALs, a special branch of the navy and involved in special missions. Old – now made public – missions involved the thwarting of the destruction of a cruiseship, bringing the top figure of a terrorist organisation to justice and the ending of a slave trade beginning on earth and ending on Orion.

Lionel wished to see me when I boarded the bus and he told me that he was glad that he was going to live on campus and away from uncle Harry. Only then – we were 18 years old – confided Lionel to me that he had been abused by Harry.
    Now it became clear why Lionel loved sleeping in tents in our backyard even when it was freezing cold. We did that a lot and even went on hiking trips when we were teenagers. It made me tough and being able to become a SEAL.

I told him to go to the police but Lionel declined. The Panusconi family is very influential and has ties in high places.

I kept in contact with Lionel and was very pleased when I heard that he had taken up on the offer of Jeran Baldavin to join him in the Is’ikraanan hospital on Aldebaran five.
    That had me – serving in the Starfleet hospital in San Francisco – applying and getting his job on the Enterprise.

McCoy will inform Uhura and will keep Lionel out of the picture.
    I will take Lionel’s place and can testify. I have seen what the abuse did to my friend and I have kept all the letters Lionel wrote.

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super entry with tough memories. This will work well with my February entries. :D

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That was so incredibly heart-wrenching! Poor Lionel :(

23. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A poor situation for Lionel.

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    These last two updates were certainly gut-wrenching for Nick :(; while I'm glad they saved the leg, knowing of the scars he'll always bear is difficult - even if he has the best support team to help him. ;) It was difficult reading about Lionel, but I'm glad that some justice can be served now, and Nick can have a hand in it. [face_love]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And yours with mine;)
    And with Panusconi in court
    But he will be happy again
    With some great help from Nyota

Entry 6

Teri read my diary and became intrigued by my childhood days with Lionel.

I told her about the igloo we made in the backyard of my parents home when it snowed and the tent – always there for us after my parents saw how we loved sleeping in it – had disappeared in that snow.
    Hiking in the National park wilderness around my village brought us in contact with an old man who had been a Federation SEAL.

He had become a ranger and could teach us how to live from what the wilderness gave us.
    Lionel got his love for things medical from the ranger when he had to help him with an injured horse.

The ranger had four horses and he taught us to ride them in a very natural way. The horses enjoyed it as much as us. Asking him about the why – I had been with Lionel to a rodeo – the ranger showed us a very old DVD of a show called cavalia where horses performed without saddle and bridle. And he had books about horses and natural horsemanship.
    I was hooked when he showed me the beautiful pictures of horses in freedom.

I am sure glad that Lionel has horse-like animals to enjoy on Aldebaran. He wrote about them in one of the first letters to me after joining Jeran.
    Horses, sure even with my bad leg, I will be able to ride them.

McCoy told me – after giving my leg some treatment – that Nyota was brilliant in the courtroom. She was assisted by Ms Fontein.
    My written testimony and the copied letters from Lionel sure helped.

McCoy was laughing when he said “Mr Sheevy Panusconi is now up to his hair in deep trouble.”

I would have gone for some strong language but that’s not for a diary.

RX_Sith, AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.