main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek RL DDC 2016 (diary of Nick Roberts)completed

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2016.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay on the definite progress to being able to be active and marry. :)

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I am excited and happy to read about the progress Nick has made. As is, I suspect, Terri. [face_mischief][face_love]

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Glad to see him recovering and itching to get to his wedding!! :D It's a shame that his SEAL career was ended, though he wouldn't have found what he has if he'd stayed where he was.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    But first a meeting
    She sure is
    No and there might be more

Entry 12
    Kyle visited me when I was sitting on the edge of my bed and he was delighted to see me. He called me copy-cat when he heard about my permanent limp. He has been in contact with Nyota Uhura and her friends. Ms. Fontein is very helpful and Audrey is stirring up things.
    I am sure Kyle will be exonerated. He has done nothing wrong.
    The Iriona II mission has even been discussed in public on the show 60 minutes.

He read my diary and was laughing of course when he read about my SEAL training. He knows what we have been through.

Federation SEAL’s are directly descended from the SEAL’s of the US-Navy. The training remains the same and only the missions are different.

After the United Federation of Planets was formed the work of the US-Navy SEAL’s became known to the government.
    They decided to form the Federation SEAL’s for the difficult earth-bound jobs. They are sent on missions to protect the civilians living on earth.
    In cases where leads are found leading to other planets Starfleet takes over.

McCoy is here with a wheelchair. I have to stop.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool bit of history and nice time with Kyle. :D

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More to follow with this

Entry 13

With McCoy came Teri and both urged me to get into that wheelchair. I did. I was for the first time out of my bed and becoming quite emotional when McCoy and Teri guided me out of my room.
    I had been there for so many weeks and now I was out seeing more of the hospital and the surroundings.
    Yes, they took me outside to a swimming-pool for some therapy.

The pool area belonged to the hospital but it brought memories from years ago, being tossed – hands and feet tied – in the water. I survived that training of course, loving to be in the water. But now seeing that pool and being helped by McCoy and Teri was quite different. I couldn’t use my left leg that much.

McCoy had me sitting on the edge of the pool first with my legs in the surprisingly warm water and he began his massage.

Teri held me by my shoulders, nudging her soft lips against my ears and encouraging me. And she grabbed my hands when I tried to get away from McCoy and held me steady.
    And she began to ask about the pool- experience. That had me telling about the underwater training and forgetting McCoy, almost.

Yeah, he gave a signal to Teri and there I was in the pool with her guiding me. And I wanted to swim and did that using my arms only. It was nice.

Teri had fun too when she made waves dunking McCoy.

And that had me telling about Kyle and me on a mission just as public as the Iriona II mission. It was a mission to save three children, taken from their families to work on a ship.
    Kyle was our OC. We boarded the ship, took the pirates in custody and turned them over to the police, coming with their ship as soon as all was secure. We helped the children to get in our IBS for the short ride to the police ship. And that’s where it went almost wrong. Kyle was descending down the ladder when he slipped and plunged into the sea. He inflated his vest and was helped aboard by the children and the team.

Kyle.
    Teri will ask Nyota and Ms Fontein about the trial.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, that was a harrowing but rewarding rescue of the children from the pirates. Teri is a great distraction during therapy. ;)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    she is and this entry and the prompt 'portrait' are during the same time

Entry 14
    McCoy although not in Starfleet anymore keeps an eye on his friends still there. Yesterday he visited Starfleet and noticed some changes. A hall leading to conference rooms was now decorated with portraits of famous admirals. And what did he do when he met Jim Kirk and Audrey? He exchanged some witty comments and asked why a still serving admiral like Nogura was in the corridor. He heard all from Audrey when Jim went to fetch drinks. She commented about Nogura and his protégé vice-admiral Lori Ciana.

‘Sneaky Nogura was steering her to Jim.’ Audrey confided to McCoy. ‘She is in the First Contact team and with Jim and his many ‘first contacts’ during the five year mission she would have been the right partner for him. But settling down with me is more to his liking.’

Lori Ciana, she tried to seduce me too during Kyle’s party but I could ignore her and that had her searching for a new victim.
    Yes Jim and his partners to be.
    I haven’t seen many of them being only on the Enterprise during the last 18 months of the 5 year mission but his flirtations with the women were famous.

McCoy told me about one. ‘I remember one from the third year. Sometimes it was necessary to complete a mission as in the case of transporting Elaan – the Dohlman of Elas – to Troyius. With Elaan becoming rather violent and stabbing the Troyian ambassador when he wanted to teach her social graces I learned more about the Vulcan lyre during a briefing with Nyota, Spock and Kirk. Uhura argued to use the instrument to calm Elaan down before anyone else was injured. She seduced Kirk with her tears, containing a strong love potion. But with the Enterprise in danger his love for the Dohlman evaporated. The wedding gift saved the Enterprise. The crystals were pure dilithium.’

Teri came to visit me after McCoy left. She told me more about her visit to Nyota.
    I am now sure that Kyle will be exonerated.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super duper stuff about Lori, who seems an incorrigible flirt. Love Audrey's I got him and that's just too bad for the other ladies. [face_laugh] [face_mischief] And Elaan - now that was one interesting situation. :D

10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Almost forgot about this fanfic thread. Which is a pity. Because it is still superb! :D

11. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, great as always.

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    As always, this was a very interesting update. =D= I enjoyed hearing more about Lori and Nogura trying and failing :p; just as I did with Elaan. That really was an interesting, nearly end of the line situation. [face_thinking]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Elaan of Troyius was a delightful TOS episode where Jim was seduced by Elaan's tears. The wedding necklace with the dilithium crystals saved the Enterprise (the engines need those crystals)

Entry 15

Kyle came to visit me just when I was – helped by Teri and McCoy – taking my first steps in my room. He was very impressed of course.
    I too. The swimming therapy helps a lot. And I hope to get using those crutches set there in the corner of my room and very visible and very encouraging very soon. The wheelchair is nice. It enables me to get out of my room but those crutches will have me on my feet. I want to marry Teri.

Kyle told me after I had settled down on the edge of my bed about the trial. He is of the hook thanks to Nyota and Ms Fontein but he has left Starfleet. And he is happy. Our friends at the Federation SEALs have asked him to come back as an instructor.
    ‘You have a limp but you have lots of experience and can teach.’ That was said by admiral Semendiger.
    And Kyle is sure that Semendiger will say the same about me.

This is interesting. I am offered a job here in the hospital too.

RX_Sith and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay for Kyle and Nick getting new careers. :)

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Once again, I really like these new careers for Kyle and Nick. I am seeing all sorts of interesting stories ahead for them . . . [face_thinking][face_love]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    very interesting

Entry 16

Guided with encouraging words by McCoy I was on my feet using those crutches and taking some steps when Kyle came in with admiral Semendiger.
    The visit was unexpected and had me acting instinctly when I saw the brass. I tried to stand at attention and almost toppled. But McCoy rushed to support me.

The admiral ordered me to go easy and gave me a warning not to overdo it. ‘You are valuable as an instructor and I like to see you when you are recovered enough to get those frogs into shape,’ was what he said before discussing joining the instructors at BUD/S. And before going to see me he had spoken to the direction of the hospital about my other offered job.

I can do both. At BUD/S I will be one of the instructors for the PT training and of course hell-week. And I will have the SEAL’s who will be becoming corpsmen here in the hospital as my students and assistants.

Teri and Jessy came in the afternoon.
    Jessy was exuberant because she finished in the top ten of her school after the exams. ‘Studying on the beach with my friends really helped. And you have to get walking. You don’t want to absent from my farewell-party,’ was what she said.
    I am sure I will be there.

RX_Sith likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great news all around. :D

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Wonderful news for Nick, and very exciting for Jessy! =D=[face_love]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    it sure is

Entry 17

Yes, I can walk from one end to the other end of the corridor. Now I can marry Teri.
    My parents should have seen me. Sadly I am without relatives after the death of my parents.

I still cannot put this very well into words.

They were on a trip to London. Kahn happened with his bombings. Mom and dad were killed when their hotel collapsed.
    I have to stop.

Second entry
    Teri and McCoy came in my room. They saw my diary on the covers and talked to me.
    Kyle came to visit too.

And that had me asking McCoy to be my best man and Kyle to be my assistant.
    They were delighted and when they left they were discussing with soft voices.
    What?
    I don’t know but it must have something to do with a bachelor party.

Teri sure was smiling. She will have her party too.

RX_Sith likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb contrast in moods between the two entries: one sad and hard to recall; the other upbeat and looking forward to great things to come. :)

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Yeah, I understand that Nick's moods would be up and down here - a lot of joy and bittersweet what-if. Both were wonderfully conveyed. =D=

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Entry 18

The SEAL guys went easy on me because I am still recuperating. Therefore I didn´t become a sugarcookie when the guys were doing PT in the surf and sand.
    And no obstacle course for me.
    But I was lifted by six men in the inflatable boat with the smurf on the bow and had to direct them through the surf.
    They really did take care of me when the boat hit a big wave that toppled it.
    I was carried out of the surf and got sandy before I was again in the boat and carried to the messhall.

There the party continued with a big barbecue supervised by McCoy and very surprising chief cook Florian McLintlock. He is still assigned to the Enterprise but got a message from Nyota Uhura about some guys having a party he didn´t want to miss. The party ended with me being carried to my room in the hospital after getting a shower that took care of the sand.

But not all the sand was away. There was still sand on the sheets when a nurse came to check on me.
    I have to stop. Tomorrow is the big day.

RX_Sith likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the camaraderie and socializing after a hard day of work, but a smurf? [face_laugh]

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Now that sounds like a good day! [face_love] (I already can't wait for some sandy beaches myself this summer. :p)

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He was a Smurf when he ended BUD/S
    It sure was and the next day...

Thanks WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for using your gorgeous character Isabeau Fontein

Entry 19
    It sure was a big day for Jessy, Teri and me.
    The ceremony was great.
    McCoy and Kyle were perfect, organising all and keeping track.
    Florian McLintlock had the food and drink under control.

Admiral Semendiger, SEAL’s from my bachelor-party and many of my friends of the Enterprise were present.

Nyota – gorgeous looking in her black strapless dress – kissed me. And I saw the approving looks from Spock when she took him to the dance-floor when ‘beyond Antares’ was played by the band.
    Jim and Audrey were fabulous during that dance.

I couldn’t dance that much but Teri loved it, guiding me and seeing Kyle with a lady she hadn’t seen before.

I told her about Isabeau Fontein after sitting down. Kyle had made sure she was there. He was dancing and engaged in a lively conversation with the lady. Will he be the next one to marry?
    The lady sure is attractive with rippling waves of chestnut hair and amethyst eyes.

The end of the day was perfect when McCoy told me that I was released from the hospital.
    Now I could go for the first time to our new home.
    Teri and Jessy have done a fabulous job decorating the cottage.

RX_Sith likes this.