main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek RL DDC 2016 (diary of Nick Roberts)completed

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2016.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 46
    That was again my pager disrupting my diary and now for quite some time.
    Bill Yarden was in trouble.
    His surgeon had to operate again and I was called to be again his sleep-doctor.
    Bill had developed a fever due to some transporter mayhem.

You know I have an intense dislike for the scramblers. But Kyle had to use them to have Bill in our ER and on the table as soon as possible.
    Some particles not belonging to Bill had ended up inside his intestines. The team was able to repair the damage done and we are confident that Bill will recover fully.

I stayed with him in the IC-ward until his vitals became normal which was when he began to show signs of waking up. He did and was the first to grumble the words ‘I must have been scrambled by that SEAL loving monster.’
    I agreed fully of course and began to tell him about his recovery.
    And Bill – becoming quite talkative when he heard who I was and what was next for me – gave me some ideas for the next hell-week. That’s due in two weeks.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 47
    McCoy is helping Jessy with her exams and that way keeping in contact with us. Today he had comments about Jim and Audrey.
    Yes she is on the Enterprise after Jim – thanls to the Vejur adventure – gained more influence on Starfleet command. He could persuade command that couples with children didn’t have to leave the service on a ship. Being with their family will make couples more efficient. At first there was a negative remark about the children and babies born on the ship from command.
    But McCoy sided with Jim and used his argumenting skills that families should stay together.
    With one couple – Cole Benson working on his staff and his wife Jenna expecting – McCoy had all the reasons to argue for couples.
    ‘And of course Uhura loves it. She can now be forever with her ashal-veh’ was what McCoy told me before signing off.
    And now I have to stop.
    The recruits are waiting.

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I very much like Jim's arguments about families staying together. [face_mischief][face_love] It's going to be such a fun collection of characters on board now!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Entry 48

Today I could congratulate Cole and Jenna with the birth of their baby.
    McCoy was the one contacting me and giving the com to Cole and Jenna.
    They showed me their newborn, a lovely boy named Luke and that had a big discussion going about the name.

McCoy had given Jenna some of his antique X-wing books to read during the long sleepless nights because the baby was busy.
    That led to more Star Wars watching (old and new movies) and selecting the name Luke for their baby because they loved the character of Luke in the old trilogy.
    A girl would have gotten the name Mara was what Cole told me.

We discussed some more until it was time for him to care for the baby. Cole gave the com back to McCoy and that had him – after I told him about my diary – asking if I still found the time to do this.

I like writing but it’s taking time and time? I need a lot to prepare for my work in the hospital and the SEAL’s. They are keeping me busy.
    And you know about Bill. He was released today and asked me to help him with the next sniper-course. That has become the main reason to end this diary.

Maybe I start a new one after I retire. You never know.
    If McCoy insists to keep writing I will ask him to do a diary too.

FIN

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations on completing the diary challenge and a wonderful wrap-up integrating all the story lines. :) I love families on missions. Glad crews don't have to choose - they can have a career that's fulfilling and an enriching family life. :cool:

6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I like how there's a sense of events happening outside the diary-verse: the possible future diary, the looming of work taking priority over writing, the way that McCoy just may be coerced into writing one ... @};- Congratulations on completing your diary challenge! :D

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Yes, a McCoy diary!! If that's what we have in store for us, I am more than happy! [face_love]

As always, this has been an enriching and rewarding journey, and I thank you for sharing this diary with us. Congratulations on finishing the challenge! [face_dancing] =D=[:D]