main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Trek ships vs. Star Wars ships

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I know some of you here are really into the tech of sci-fi, so I thought I would post this debate from a Trek board I visit. It gets really interesting around the third page.

Helix BBS

P.S. John, now you can talk about guns until your face turns blue and no one will try and run away :p

2. Gold188

Gold188 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2003
    Hey, I was educated about Star Trek a little after we went to Star Wars weekends. I take it back. Trek isn't as cool as star wars, but it is cool. You can be a fan of both without being a traitor. My thoughts at least...don't know what Jayna has to say about it. Anyways...I like the Defiant against the Falcon? *Flips 2 pennies into the pot* Peace.

-Jacen

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Oh, I think we both what Jayna, and her grandfather, think about the subject ;) They are two seperate universes and both have their ups and downs. If you watch Trek expecting hardcore action like SW, then you'll be dissapointed. Likewise, if you watch SW expecting deep technological and scientific plots then you'll be dissapointed. That's the main reason I hate the newer series', they try too hard.

That would be a tough call. I would take the Falcon in manueverability and the fact that it can fire from above and below (and Nog is nowhere near the pilot solo is) but with the cloak of the Defiant and it's quantum torps, it would be tough. And, much like my truck, one hit to the Falcon and you have to pull over and pick up pieces [face_laugh]

4. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I like how he ended that by throwing vermin at us. Maybe it was just me, but I feel a bit provoked. There's no way I'm quoting grandpa Pavia on the boards though. Sorry Jason! ;)

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey, money is money and anyone can throw any type they want at me. But by all means Jayna, feel free to jump in on the sid eof SW. I need some backup ;) Mainly against those fools that say 'Star Trek would win because their technology is prettier' :mad:

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Jayna, this pic is for you. Proof that Star Trek and Star Wars are compatible!!!

[image=http://www.theory.org/~strthrwr/pictures/yoda-of-borg.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.