main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Stellar Journeys (UDC 8) Completed.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Week 7: Aw! I loved the setting and the food. You've always had a knack for describing meals with aplomb, and I find myself with a case of the munchies now. But then, these prompts fit that perfectly! :p But the true star of this set was the blooming relationship between McCoy and Christine. I loved their talk about values, and their thoughts on McCoy's practice. Of course I'm interested in seeing where her decision goes. [face_thinking][face_love]

Week 8: Ooooh! I love, love, LOVE these new OCs!!!! Especially Miss Shannon - she sounds like the whole package, and these mission, although quite a ringer, sounds like the perfect opportunity for Sulu's new crew to shine. You have a diverse cast here, and I am definitely looking forward to seeing more of them in the future to come! [face_thinking]:D [face_dancing]

Fantastic work, as always, my friend! :D [:D]=D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. @};- :) The OCs will definitely appear again.
    ~~~~!!!!!
    "Mommy, where do babies come from?" Marini asked. She was six years old & very bright. Some would even call her precocious. Her younger brother by a year-and-a-half, was more mischievous but just as open-hearted.

Kashore smiled & answered: "When a mommy and daddy get married, they make a baby in a very special, private way that is to be shared only between the two of them. The wee one grows inside the mother's tummy & 9 months later comes out as a new and precious addition to the family."

Marini beamed. "But I heard you and Daddy talking about bringing a boy home from somewhere?" She frowned.

"Ah!" Kashore said, in sudden realization. The night before, she and Dajan had been talking about bringing a new fosterling to their home.

She ruffled Marini's hair and then replaced the star shaped hair tie that slipped out of place.
    "Sometimes when a child does not have a mommy or daddy who can take care of them for a few weeks or months, the child will be taken into a family to give them a sense of family and belonging. We want him to feel wanted and safe."

Marini pondered this for a moment. Her large eyes were soft. "That's a very special and important thing, then, isn't it?"
    "Yes," Kashore said. "Very much so."

The ins and outs of fostering were a learning journey as much for the parents as for the younglings. Adjusting to a new situation and becoming attached but not too much…one of the two-sided blessings, tinged with more than a hint of bittersweet.
    One of the tangible expressions of this was if and when the child should address the foster-parents as Dad & Mama.
    Kashore and Dajan knew they were not replacing the birth parents, so they welcomed the appellation to be different from that given to the birth parents.
    "Mum" and "Pop" would be warm and yet different enough.

Thank you and please were other lessons in courtesy that were taught early on.
    When the fosterling reached for an extra dessert, Kashore would admonish them to share or ask first before taking.

It transpired that by the time the charges left their home, they were serene and happy with a sense of self-worth & considerate thoughtfulness towards others.

"I hope those lessons remain with them when they're back home and they don't regress into their old patterns." Dajan said.

She sighed, feeling a pang. "So do I! But we can't control that, you know. We can only hope that even if the lessons slip to the side temporarily, they'll resurface later."

"Hmm. Training a child in the way they should go…" He mused aloud.

"Yes; the things we instilled will at the very least be something they have in their repertoire of how to act & react."

The social service agency set their hearts to rest with glowing follow-up reports.
    "You two shine as foster-folks." Their child advocate related warmly.
    Kashore & Dajan exchanged happy glances.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    This is great Kashore and Dajan caring for fosterlings.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Here with Week Ten. :)

~~~~~!!!!!
    "Don't raise your voice to me!" Audrey's mother snapped.
    "Now who's acting juvenile?" asked Audrey's Aunt Crystal. "Who's supposed to be the rational one, the calmer head?"

"She intentionally goes out of her way to drive me crazy!"

"And you just play right into her hands."

"Yes." A heavy sigh. "I know. But it's practically automatic by now."

Thinking back later on this all-too-common exchange, Audrey winced. Now that she was more mature emotionally especially, she was astounded at how infuriatingly she had acted. It was a measure of her personal growth that she could and did apologize to her mother and father for all the angst and anxiety she had put them through.

They were surprised and touched by her apology and had said they were sorry in turn for not responding more sympathetically to whatever had driven her adolescent outbursts.

Now that she and Jim had adopted Skyler, she was even more determined to not "rise to the bait". This was even more problematic given Skyler's background, but he adjusted relatively smoothly and only had the typical adjustment issues to deal with. Thankfully, trust and communication didn't seem to be a thorny problem with them.

When she broached the topic to Jim one evening, he smiled. "Having an elder sibling wouldn't necessarily have helped although it might have. I can say that from experience. But being able to profit from your own missteps is something to be grateful for."

"That is so true!"

"I think Skyler is basically decent and was ready and eager to belong to a family." Jim speculated. "So he doesn't want to screw that up and wants to show us how appreciative he is for being given a home."

"Besides the fact we're easy to love." Audrey commented with a laugh.

"I couldn't agree more." Jim answered, with a wink.
    "Now if Skyler turned out to be the older brother… that could be good for everyone." Audrey thought aloud.

Jim gave her a piercing look. "Is that by way of being hypothetical or are you trying to tell me something?"

She grinned. "Just testing the waters. How would you be about having one or two of our own, not just maybe someday but really trying?"

"Wow. That'd be quite the change!" He responded. "It'd take some getting used to, let me tell you! But … I think it's one adventure I'd be willing to dive into, with you."

Audrey felt her tummy fill with butterflies. "That's marvelous!"

When she commed Nyota to share this conversation with her, Nyota's expressive eyes warmed with happiness.
    "Audrey! I cannot think of better parents a youngling could have." She enthused.

Audrey beamed. She had few friends as supportive and empathetic as Nyota unfailing was.

"I really was surprised Jim agreed so fast. I expected him to at least to need to mull it over a few days."

Nyota grinned. "When you're with the right person, the decision comes a little easier when you each feel the timing's right."

5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    *Builds Jim Audrey a tree house.*

I may not have read some prior prompts, but bummer Audrey doesn't have a good relationship with her mother.

But week 10 vig is so sweet.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the talk about having younglings and Audrey's growing up

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Week #11 shows Nyota finding a career niche for later. :)

~~~~!!!
    "Will you go against the grain?" Captain Arceneau asked sherralyn. "If it's for a good cause, and harms no one, yes." She answered.

"Would your good friend Uhura do likewise?"

Sherralyn frowned. "Why do you ask?"

"As you know, our Communications Officer has to go groundside to help her parents for an unknown period of time. I was wondering if she would transfer over, temporarily or permanently. I have heard nothing but good about her, but she does serve under shall we say a Captain with a unique command style."

Sherralyn laughed. "I don't think she would go for it." She waited a beat and added. "Her betrothed is serving with her, and I doubt she would wish to be separated from him."

"Ah! That puts a whole new wrinkle on things."

When Sherralyn commed Nyota with an account of this conversation, Nyota felt her amusement rise. "Unique command style. Yes, that is one way to put it."

Sherralyn laughed. "Tactful wouldn't you say?"

"Very."

"I am considering a career path change, you know. Diplomacy and negotiation. I enjoy the challenge of merging literal communication with the nonverbal signals and trying to come up with solutions that benefit the people rather than serve the self-absorbed political types."

"Those are definitely ubiquitous!" Sherralyn agreed.

"I think I'll need a strong pull to go in that direction versus stay where I am. I believe that might come in the form of being more or less settled down and able to start a family."

Sherralyn smiled. "Tristan and I will be accepting groundside postings as well after our tour."
    Nyota grinned. "Another perk. You and I can visit!"

A mission soon arose that proved to be persuasive.
    The Kelvans were peaceful & were being harassed oddly enough for being so. Nyota rolled her eyes inwardly at the sheer illogic of harassing such peaceful colonists. "Why not go after the true criminal types, the pirates who took advantage of the most recent ecological troubles to ostensibly sell vital supplies, but at exorbitant prices!" She fumed as she read the mission dossier.

Jim was in full agreement. During the talks, she could tell it was all he could manage not to ream the opposition up good and proper. She smirked and provided the details on the nuances of the spoken and unspoken, and finally a satisfactory conclusion was reached.

The Kelvans were relocated to a neutral world and unofficial Federation assistance was promised to those who wanted the current ruling faction to be replaced.
    Then the Kelvans could decide to return to their original colony or carve out a new home where they were, or split into two smaller colonies on two worlds.

"I really enjoyed being in the thick of such a relevant and crucial arbitration." Nyota wrote to her family. "I feel something tangible came out of the entire process. I really think this would be a super fit for me personally and professionally & seeing you more often is another bonus."

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Stories described are by the amazing Irish_Jedi_Jade & Aleja2. :cool:

~~~~!!!!!

Dajan & Kashore's kids wanted a bedtime story, one where everyone has a happy ending.

"Their lives can have bumps along the way," Dajan told her, "But they need the happily ever after conclusion."

She laughed. "No one dies of a broken heart, you mean."

"Or some other crazy trope." He rolled his eyes.

They would embellish their favorite stories complete with voices and elaborate dramatizations. They had animated e-books, but their kids liked the customized stories their parents came up with spontaneously.

During a break from work, she discovered a delightful story featuring Luke and Mara called "Perfect." Her coworker, Mariko, pointed it out to her.

"Kashore, you will absolutely love it!" Mariko enthused, taking a long sip of her iced caramel caf.

Kashore downloaded the link for the story and perused half of it and then determined to devour the rest after the work day ended.

In summary, Mara and Luke had a child with special needs who blessed them with her beautiful spirit and loving nature. They went through quite the harrowing time when she was first born, but after came years of sweetness and quiet serenity & beautiful togetherness.

Kashore sent a copy to her sister. It was just the sort of thing Nyota would adore.

When Nyota eventually replied, there was a glow in her eyes.
    "That was simply gorgeous! So much in the timeless classicness of The Velveteen Rabbit."

Kashore laughed. "How many times did we ask for the retelling of that one?"

"I lost count." Her sister rejoined. "And Winnie the Pooh, complete with renditions of "The House on Pooh Corner."

"Mommy?" Marini asked after the telling of the latest warm fuzzy tale. "My school chum said there was a Star Wars version where Luke was not married to Mara Jade."

Kashore scowled. "Yeah, well, in this family, we more or less ignore that version." She winked. "The Emperor's Hand turned Jedi and soulmate is the sweetest tale ever."

"Yeah. I like that one better too." Marini agreed. "Nldale says it's ewwww."

Kashore laughed. "He'll grow out of that one don't worry." She thought. But hopefully not too soon. She did not want her kids to grow up that soon!

To "get in a good bit of practice" for when she had her own younglings, Nyota would record stories & songs for her nieces and nephews & send them. They got to see their well-loved aunt and hear her melodious voice.

"Once upon a time," Her latest story began, "There was a ferocious Beast in the Castle on a secluded world. Luke Skywalker was captured and held hostage there. The Beast kept him there for her entertainment.
    "Luke's warm compassion during impromptu encounters and meals touched the Beast's heart. He even was able to make her laugh! Luke fought the vicious Guardians and was injured. In caring for Luke, the chains around the Beast's cold compassionless heart finally vanished and she became herself again. Complete with sunset hair and jade eyes."

"It's Mara!"

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty, to play catch-up again . . . ;)

9: I love how that conversation went up going. :p Kashore and Dajan have a lot of love to share, and what better way than to share it with a child? Even when they worry about how they're doing so, it's clear to see. [face_love]

10: This is another couple who are just so good for their fosterling, and vice versa. I adored Audrey's surprise over Kirk wanting a household of younglings - but Nyota's right, sometimes things just fall into place and you know. [face_love] I loved Audrey mending her fences with her own parents too. It really takes a spin on that 'you'll understand someday when you have children of your own' saying. :p

11: Because that is a perfect melding of both her skills and her desiring to contribute to the greater good! There was a lot of character study and thought provoking points in that set. I loved the mission with the Kelvans, too! [face_thinking] :)

12: Aw! They're raising the next generation of Star Wars fans up right, that's for sure! [face_love][face_laugh]:cool: I loved the warmth and family bonds in this set, with just the right sprinkling of cross-fandoms to make it sweet and savory!

These were all excellent replies to the prompts. [face_love]=D=

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes more diplomacy in 11
    And in 12 Star Wars fans who love the EU with Luke and Mara, YES[face_dancing]=D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :) For Week 13, the Excelsior bunch return.

~~~!!!!!!!!
    An uprising on Silver X was put down successfully.

Kimiko was analyzing the specimens that had been the cause of the dispute. They were bio-engineered hybrids of a strain of grain which would grow so effectively even in usually unlikely soils which would help with famine relief.

She said: "I am so happy the arbitrators were able to negotiate a sensible compromise."

"Yes," Her colleague, Svetlana Janovich agreed. "It is good the opposition was finally amenable to being convinced." She put the computer on standby and stretched languidly.

"If they made an issue of every tiny detail, they would just be defeating their own purposes in the long run." Kimiko said thoughtfully. "But political types are nothing if not stubborn and hide-bound."

Svetlana rolled her eyes. "Yes, Kimi. I hate to have to admit it. But you're right."

They exited the lab and headed for the rec lounge. There, they settled at a corner table and sipped leisurely on glasses of fizzberry juice.

This was brought home on their very next mission.

A militant faction wanted to overthrow the more reasonable government in a neighboring sector. The populace went along cowed by fear of reprisal rather than because they necessarily thought the insurrectionists were a viable alternative to the current regime.

Sulu and McManus were discussing the ins and outs of the contact. "Very delicate, I need hardly tell you. We cannot be seen or judged to be taking sides, even if we have an opinion. But our job is to safeguard the delegates to the talks. They're trying to avoid all-out war at this stage, and we don't want to inadvertently push any wrong buttons."

Shannon frowned. "Why worlds do not unite when they have it good, I will never know. There's always a group that wants to ruin it for everyone else."

"Yes, this is true. And we want to do everything we can to make sure things come through peacefully and the truce holds."

"Our team will certainly hold up our end." Demitri assured.

"I am confident of that." Sulu replied.

There was a tense moment when someone was able to sneak in disguised firearms but they were apprehended before they could set things into utter chaos and before any one was injured. However when it was revealed who was behind the attempted sabotage, that turned the tide in a positive direction.

"Sneaky Sheev-meisters." Yolette commented to Sulu during the post-mission unwind in the rec lounge.

He laughed. "An apt description. Demitri was able to avert a potential tragedy. He will definitely receive a commendation."

Svetlana grimaced. "I come from the region on Terra called Ukraine in past times. I have to say there were shameful times when they were downright Sheevy in the oppression and persecution of innocents."

Yolette smiled. "It is fortunate then, that such things are strictly in the past tense, for the most part."

Sulu reflected: "If you cannot learn from history but keep repeating past mistakes, that's the biggest tragedy of all."

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Good to see a mision ending well. And nice references to Sheev

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Week #14:

Dearest Nyota:

Your Dad & I are so thrilled you are happy and have found the love you have been waiting for, although to me honest, to hear you talk that was not anything you were eagerly pursuing. If it happened or not, you'd be fine either way. What lingered in the silence was more telling. You are a romantic at heart, with a boundless capacity for compassion and love, and naturally you hoped there would be an outlet for that one day.

You are anything if not discriminating, so we knew whomever your heart chose would be special indeed and genuinely worthy.

And by all that is holy, he proved to be.

The way you smile just at the mention of his name…the lilt of your laugh as you expound on his endearing qualities. These things warm our hearts to no end!
    We wish you both all the happiness you can find and hope you continue to build a love between you that will lead you to all the fulfillment and sweetness you deserve.

Love, Mom and Dad

I received this wonderful note a couple days before my wedding. I need hardly say it made me cry a bit with happy grateful tears.

My darling found me in such a state and asked what was amiss.

"Nothing is, my love. I was reading this gorgeous message." I handed it over.

Spock perused it and commented: "Every word is true."

"Do you think so? Are you actually sentimental then?"

"Hardly. Merely agreeing with the obvious."

We exchanged a long kiss.
    "I love you. And that is also stating the obvious." I smirked. "And I won't show you my sister's message!"

"Indeed?" He quirked a curious brow. "And why not?"

"At least not just yet. I'm saving it for the honeymoon." I winked.

"Very well, Nyota. I will be sure to remind you in case it slips your mind."

I laughed. "I will certainly be sure to share it."

Kashore's message ran as follows:

Ny!

Dear girl, let me tell you straight out you found a gem of a guy! And as one who is also blessed in love, I know what I am talking about.

I wish you the oddest kind of honeymoon. As unique and intimacy-inspiring as it got for Luke and Mara on Tatooine.

May this be the start of a terrific journey of love and discovery for the two of you.

With Happiest Love, Kashore[/i]

I did share this with my love in the midst of our honeymoon on a secluded beach hideaway on Saint Lucia. It is no exaggeration that the sunsets there are unparalleled in loveliness. The island was a breathtaking backdrop to our pleasure and sweet solitude.
    It was all I could have wished for, if I were given to such idle ramblings growing up.

Strangely enough, falling in love had made me more of a romantic than I would have been otherwise. And the source of my adoration just accentuated the entire process.

earlybird-obi-wan & Mira_Jade
    @};-

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet messages so defining for Uhura and her sister.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Week 15 [face_mischief]

Tags for Mira_Jade & earlybird-obi-wan

~~~!!!!

On a mission to check on the world of Troas and the marriage of convenience/political expediency, Elan greeted the Captain with much warmth.

"I have missed you!" She exclaimed, clasping his hand tightly. "I was drawn to you, Captain, in a way that no one else has ever been able to quite duplicate."

Jim assayed a teasing tone. "Not even your husband?"

She sighed dramatically. "Least of all!" She responded. "Oh, he's like a mooka on a leash. Totally smitten with me."

McCoy rolled his eyes and thought: Yeah, we know how that works. His impressions of this culture and of the Dolman in particular had never been remarkably high. Her machinations hadn't helped either.

Jim had been under her influence briefly, due to no voluntary choice of his own. However brief and reversible it had been, he was still embarrassed by the whole thing.

Jim's first encounter with Elan had been incredibly frustrating. Her imperious comportment and demanding nature had rubbed everyone the wrong way, including the usually accommodating and warm-hearted Nyota.

"She has the approachableness of a porcupine!" She had confided in Jim after the entire episode had concluded and the Dolman and her party were thankfully sent on their way.

Jim had laughed. "Ah, Lieutenant, it wasn't that bad." He paused for a moment. "Yeah, it actually was." He winked.

One note of gratitude and appreciation was also that Audrey had been away during that time. When she returned, Jim had thought it prudent not to share the excruciating details. Now, however, the effusiveness of the Troian Leader was making Audrey all kinds of curious.

Jim winced. There'd be some explaining to do later, he was certain, and he wasn't looking forward to it.

Later, Audrey got the very much abridged version of the entire mission.

Due to her security clearance, Audrey dug into the official comprehensive ship's log.

Her eyes widened. Gracious but Jim had left out all kinds of interesting details.

She knew it was because he was apprehensive about her reaction.

So she decided to tease him by claiming that he had let the love of his life get away.

Jim gaped at her and exclaimed with such fervor that she could not doubt his sincerity: "Audrey, she was not even a glimmer of a puppy love/infatuation, much less my last true love."

Just for that, she kissed him warmly.

"If she had been an infatuation, then what?" Audrey asked with a grin.

"I'd treat her to passionate adolescent gushes with poetry--comparing her eyes to trees!" Jim answered with a laugh, alluding to a crazy indulgence in a story Nyota had described recently.

+++++++

[face_rofl]

AN: that allusion was to poems Luke wrote about Mara in Teenage Rebellion. 8-}

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A great way to tell about that mission where Jim had to endure the seducing tears of Elan

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Happily playing more of the catch-up game here :) :

Week 13: Sulu's last line was an apt and sobering way of wrapping this up. But I loved the frequent use of 'Sheev-sters' throughout the text. Sometimes you just can't find a better word! :p It was wonderful seeing more of this crew in action, too! What a fascinating, diverse cast. [face_thinking][face_love]

Week 14: Oh! I love the strength of the bonds between Nyota and her family as much as I do the one between her and Spock. And:

"Do you think so? Are you actually sentimental then?"

"Hardly. Merely agreeing with the obvious."

Kudos for managing to keep Spock in character through such sentiment, as well! That truly is a skill, and one you've mastered. [face_love]=D=

Week 15: Bwaha! [face_laugh][face_mischief] Yep, that's quite the mission for Kirk to recount - but Audrey beats him too it and handles it with so much aplomb, I love it! I smiled so many times all throughout this one - especially at the Teenage Rebellion references. They were so much fun and so, so fitting! :p

Excellent work, my friend! As always. [face_love]=D=[:D]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Week 16

~~~~~~!!!!

The horizon was cerulean blue and blended well with the azure of the ocean. The few clouds that dotted the sky were of the puffy fluffy variety. When a child, Audrey had imagined that they were either marshmallows or ice cream. The chirping of birds in a tree lent a lovely backdrop to the majestic sound of the surf. Audrey had spent her girlhood on rivers and lakes, even mountain streams. But once she had encountered the ocean, it held a special appeal.

She, Jim, and Cynara and Gregg were taking a sunset sail.

Gregg had rented a pleasure yacht for the occasion of his and Cyn's anniversary.

"Nothing more romantic than a sunset sail." He commented.

"Unless it's a moonlit one." Audrey said.

"It's the light across the waves." Cyn observed. "It lends a beauty to any time of day or night."

"Yes. But you also have to have the just-right companion." Jim put in.

Audrey beamed. "You do have a way with words, have I told you that?"

"I never get tired of hearing it." He laughed. "Before I was rehearsing, now with you it's the real thing."

She grinned and Cynara and Gregg exchanged pleased looks.

It was wonderful seeing Audrey so happy and well-matched. Even though Cynara had met Audrey only recently, she was touched that this relation so newly found had made a sweet choice in love.

+++++++

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a sweet moment, sailing on the ocean. The sea is always beautiful

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Week #17. :D

~~~~!!!!

An artifact of dreams is that they are not just random firings of neuronal activity, although that is a big part of it. They also mirror the recent past, current situations, and future hopes/fears. They can often and do wander into the ridiculous but when you are a lucid dreamer, they can be downright sublime.

Nyota went to a seminar once, where she learned to write down her dreams and also what she wished to dream about. She had a mini archive, jottings in a literal padd as well as the datapadd.

She had just finished reading Return of the King for the unnumbered time so had a dream of a restored Arda. Not just Middle-Earth but everything. The Trees bloomed again. She wandered in the gardens of Lorien and sang with Melian and Luthien.

She basked in the long memory of Galadriel and Elrond, and even, wonder of wonders! of Olorin.

She wrote down the history of the Elven-Human pairings and set them to music.

When she awoke from that particular dream, she thought redundantly, "Paradise regained. Who wouldn't yearn for that?"

++++++

[face_dancing]

The author of this piece is echoing those sentiments and saying, can't come too soon for me. Not. [face_praying]

~~~!!!

Mira_Jade & earlybird-obi-wan

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A dream that should come true with all the wars going on and on
    Just lovely

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL -- blending these prompts coherently was cool!

~~~!!

There was way too much sunshine. Amanda was afraid it would age her skin & hair prematurely. Her honey-gold tresses were something she took understandable pride in.

With an air of resignation, she told her sister via comm: "A necessary inconvenience. One I will have to accept I'm afraid."

Sondra smirked. "At least you don't have to worry about your bondmate being overly obsessed with the physical side of things. He's too mature for that and culturally socialized not to put too strong an emphasis on such things."

"But he does appreciate my appearance, and not in the abstract either." Amanda objected with a laugh.

It was clear in so many subtle ways. She had a deep conviction that Sarek was a romantic at heart and just as sentimental as she, although he would of course never, ever admit it!

When she had decided to join her life with his, she had little imagined that she would discover his unmistakable sense of humor and depth of compassion.

She remembered one occasion in particular when she had attempted to cook his favorite dishes for the first time. It had come out less than ideally. She had grimaced.
    "I don't expect you to be the diplomat and eat this."

Sarek had favored her with an amused glanced. "I must confess to having to do that very thing at official functions, with less motivation, but more obligation."

Amanda laughed. "I'll work at this, I promise. Hopefully next time it will come out not just palatable but the way you like it." Her tone was determinedly optimistic.

He answered readily: "I am sure it will, but for now, thankfully there is takeout."

She had laughed again. Sarek was the farthest thing from stiff and hidebound!
    He never ceased to amaze and gratify, and for this she loved him with gratitude.

++++++

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sarek and Amanda were perfect in this piece. Love how you give them more depth in character

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Week 19:

Far be it from me to say that I object to a good bit of banter. I love it between Bones and Spock particularly. Some might accuuseVulcans of having no sense of humor. No worries. It won't offend. While they might claim that to be a compliment,, that is part and parcel of their subtle wry humor in and of itself.
    Vulcans are also easy to confide in, being consummate in discretion and unfailing in prudent advice.

This is something I discovered early in our tour.

"Admit it Bones." I said to the Doctor. "You enjoy the repartee with Spock as much as the rest of us. That's why you start the "friendly disagreements" more often than not."

"Jim, you wound me. That is the fartherest thing from the truth!"

Christine Chapel laughed. "Len, that is so not true and you know it."

"Sooner get Spock to admit he enjoys them too." I said.

She winked. "I agree with you on that one."

When we eventually went our separate ways career wise, we still kept in touch personally. But our workdays were definitely less entertaining for all that.

So when the occasion arose for us to work together professionally, we all three leapt at the chance. Audrey and Nyota were pleased to be together again as well.

"Like old times, don't you agree, Doc?" Audrey said.

"Oh, quit it, don't you start!" He groused and we all laughed.

Week 20:

It was an outright farce and almost an outrage.

She had purchased the cottage as is, had acquired the keys to her new home complete with maps showing the most direct route.

It was almost to the point of needing to be remodeled/renovated from the ground up, Christine fumed. She commed her realtor and gave him a piece of her mind.

She got her money back, switched realtors, and finally found an even better domicile.

Anything worth having is worth going after, she thought.

Then she commed McCoy and let him know she was ready to join his practice.

"It was rather up in the air for a while there." She confessed in conclusion. "Had to get my home situation settled."

"Glad to have you aboard, Chris." He said with genuine pleasure.

++++++++

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the banter between the guys and Christine getting a new home.
    Great stories and congrats on completing the drabbles