main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Star Trek] The Holodeck- A Star Trek Fan Fic Discussion Thread. Sequel discussion (spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LordNyax113, Aug 11, 2008.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks for sharing! I'm so excited that Benedict Cumberbatch is in the movie :D

3. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Krell, RX! That sounds like something written by the co-queens of really evil cliffies (but really fantab Star Wars fanfiction) RedGold and JadeLotus. [face_nail_biting] I have a feeling that they won't make me SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! with satisfaction like JL and RG with the mush to follow LOL

Oh well, [face_batting] I'll be happy to take care of that small tiny detail.

I just hope whoever this Benedict is portraying it's 1) not someone like Khan :p or 2) someone like icky! Nom Anor :p :rolleyes: He started that whole Vong thing by infiltration and giving Mara that horrific illness. :mad:

I looked up aon the Web about a month ago and there seemed to be denials that it would be any of the expected/prior villains [face_thinking] but I don't know if that's official.

BTB, is there going to be a novelization? I love those for the "missing scenes."

5. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I am actually very excited for this title. Because in my mind I go "Ohhhh.... angst? YES!" Now can it be May so I can has new Star Trek movie?

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I can't wait to see the speculation fics :D

7. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Hey hey they could be fun but I love my Edge verse. No speculation from me! I just wanna see Chris Pine as Kirk again!

8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
  9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yet one more reason to see the Hobbit :D

10. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Actually, the Hobbit will show the first nine minutes of Star Trek Into the Darkness in the IMAX theaters. I wouldn't call that an trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else gets the trailer.

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
  12. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    and the teaser trailer was released today. Who else flailed when they saw it? I've already watched it twice. Oh man just seeing it caused so many feels.

also they are saying that in the non IMAX 3D showings that the full length trailer will show in front of it.

Also after seeing the trailer who do we think Cumberbatch is playing?

13. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    It's definitely an awesome trailer. There's also a Japanese version which has a few very significant extra seconds at the end of it. For that one, TWOK similarity at the end of the trailer is very interesting to say the least.

Only IMAX versions of The Hobbit will have the first 9 minutes supposedly of the movie. The non IMAX will probably get a shorter trailer with other scenes plus some scenes from the 9 minute version I would think. They will be releasing the full 9 minute trailer online as well 1 week after The Hobbit opens, so if for some reason you cannot see it, it will be out then.

Cumberpatch is playing either a reinvented Khan, Gary Mitchell, Garth of Izar, or someone entirely new; really to me it almost doesn't matter as long as the movie is awesome.

14. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Well, I know where I am seeing the Hobbit opening night. For sure! :cool:

That trailer was epic, in a word defined. I am kind of just pumping with adrenaline right now. It looks like its going to be a wild ride, full of angst and explosions. I am sooo ready. (And on that note, just as long as the Pike holding Uhura snippet wasn't detrimental to my Spock/Nyota feels I will be alright with the world. Just sayin' [face_worried].) I am so excited to see Cumberpatch as the villain, he is an excellent actor, and I am psyched for whoever he is supposed to be. [face_dancing]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    TWOK echoes? Oh ****! As in, a little bit too much like Jacen becomes Cadeus and offs the best EU character ever invented by anyone at any time, Luke's heartbeat, next breath, Mara Jade. :mad:

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I don't see them killing off any of the main characters for real. If they want to keep making movies (which they will, as long as the movies pull in money, and they do), they can't get rid of the trio.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nat For that wonderful post of yours, they need to change the like to a uber!luv! [face_dancing] Whew, girlfriend I don't mind telling you I was going through some major changes and had some knotted knickers to boot

[face_laugh] [face_love] [face_love]

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [:D] I obviously don't have any inside knowledge about this, but I can't see them getting rid of Spock.

19. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Zachary Quinto has already said they aren't killing him off. And the end of the Japanese trailer has me wondering. Those hands... Is it May yet?

Jade_eyes and NYCitygurl like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Master_Jaina1011 -- that sounds intriguing. What are they doing, does it look like? If they pair my sweet angel girl with another S-initialled character -- it'll be as icky as having Luke have babies with someone besides Mara. [face_sick] :eek: The only one who is privileged to rock her socks and make Nyota say: Glory be to Jesus [face_laugh] is Spock, and that's a fact! [face_laugh] ^:)^ [face_mischief] J_e's feeling naughty today LOL

21. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Then you will love the new trailer! They have a S/U moment!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Shannon, you have made my day with that little tidbit! [:D] [:D] :adore:

S/P an OS upgrade today, inspired behind some sweet Obi/OC mush I read today, I'm gonna write something warm, warm, and hot! LOL

23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    And the S/U tidbit was lovely, Deb, a hot mid action kiss ;) . . . It looks like they will put our characters through the ringer, but they will come out for the better. They always do. [face_love] And the new trailer . . . OMG, flail worthy intense and beautiful. I am already squirming in my seat for this one . . . :D

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Did I just totally mis it, or is there a second trailer? Or is this the long, pre-Hobbit thing?

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, this is Jade_eyes. I am going to be hosting in Community \ Games \ Gaming Thread Mad Libs, with a Trek 2009 theme. =P~ [face_love] !! Sign ups will begin later today. It was recommended I post an announcement in here, to draw fans as avid as the host [face_laugh]