main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Star Trek] The Holodeck- A Star Trek Fan Fic Discussion Thread. Sequel discussion (spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LordNyax113, Aug 11, 2008.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    You're right; I think someone told me that TOS Kirk never married Carol Marcus.

Good, because Alice Eve's portrayal was super annoying. Too bad BC didn't smoosh her, too.

2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Khan did smoosh her leg and broke it; but yes, she was used as eye candy primarily and then the scream upon her father's head being smooshed. Kirk has always loved the Enterprise; women; eh, he beds plenty, just doesn't usually go beyond that, so we'll have to see if they decide to have Kirk and Carole become more than just parents to David or not or something entirely different.

The Klingon Wars is pretty much what everyone is expecting the next movie to be about, so is that what you want it to be about or something different?

3. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I guess. With JJ helming Star Wars now who knows what will happen. Man I wanna see the movie again. Makes me wanna write more. :p

4. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    I enjoyed Into Darkness ,and was thrilled when we got to see Klingons. Fingers crossed for some incredible ship battles in the next movie. Hopefully one where the Enterprise can actually fight, and not be knocked out in a few seconds.

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I see you made it here :D Welcome!

Nightvision91 likes this.
  6. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
  7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Personally, I thought there were also hints of Bones/Carol in there, too. Now that would be interesting to see.

. . . I've seen the movie 4 times now. [face_laugh]

I am having so much fun writing John Harrison backstory. I didn't expect to, but then, I wasn't expecting to write a Khan/OC romance, either.

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that! They seemed to kinda have a moment when they were opening the bomb.

Nice! I might go see it once more ... and then wait for the DVD 8-}

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm gonna go see it IMAX this afternoon, probably with my dad. I've already got the DVD pre-ordered. I'm a weeeeee bit obsessed with it and with Khan.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  10. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    Here's a funny idea I had when I saw Into Darkness, "How many Admirals are even left in the Federation?"

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm sure . . . one or two . . . manage to escape? I dunno, good question. At least two, given the people on the dais with Kirk at the end. When I see the movie again this afternoon, I'll take a head count.

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    As you should be :p

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay, just got back. There are at least eight admirals left in Starfleet. I counted two on the dais behind Kirk and about six in the audience. There were two at the meeting with Marcus that Kirk interrupts to tell him "Harrison" is on Qo'noS.

Also, while 3D IMAX was fun, I don't feel it was worth the extra $4.

NYCitygurl and Nightvision91 like this.
  14. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Yeah, Admirals die just as frequently as the red shirts do. And you wonder why Kirk and Picard never wanted to be promoted (well , Kirk was promoted, but somehow I don't think he minded loosing that job to much. )

15. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    Well I imagine by the third one none will be left haha.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Just got a review for my 'fic that accused me of writing Khan OOC because he's showing interest in a non-augmented human woman. I was like ". . . Have you not seen 'Space Seed' or 'The Wrath Of Khan'? This may be the AU Trek, but Khan's still a guy and still wants to get laid."

RX_Sith likes this.
  17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Lt. Marla Mcgivers was her name in "Space Seed" and she was a crew member of the Enterprise whom Khan fell in love with and who came to live with him on Ceti Alpha V when Khan was exiled there by Kirk. So, yeah, tell whoever reviewed it to watch TOS episode if they really want to non-augment themselves. [face_laugh]

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah, I know. I even mention dear Marla in my 'fic. Heh. When I reminded the reviewer about her, they went, ". . . I knew that. I feel dumb now."

Something about the movie that's still bugging me: If McCoy didn't know the proper sequence to get the guy in the torpedo out of the cryotube, how did he later do it to save Kirk?

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    He knew the sequence after the first attempt to disarm the torpedo when Carol stopped the countdown, hence also them being able to do the same for the other 72 that they then re-armed after removing the other 72 crew members of Khan's people.

Now, if you mean the sequence to unthaw the guy in the torpedo that they used to save Kirk, then yeah, that was a plot hole for sure unless Khan told them and they just didn't show that part, which we'll get as a deleted scene if it simply wasn't used or else it's a plot hole maybe they'll explain away in the DVD commentary.

Oh, and Orci said on Twitter that only Khan since he is augmented can be beamed via transwarp; that a regular person cannot due to them not being genetically enhanced to live through it. So, that at least helps in the aspect that not everyone can use it to just beam to anywhere at anytime.

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I meant the cryotube sequence, not the torpedo whatever.

Kirk and Scotty get beamed transwarp in the first movie, so that theory doesn't work. I do, however, think Khan designed the portable transwarp device.

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    . . . I am a bad, bad person.

[​IMG]

NYCitygurl likes this.
  22. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    You know, I don't write Star Trek Fan Fiction. The jargon speak and technology is too complicated, I just don't feel like doing the research, and I never write a fan fiction without keeping the jargon and the same elements that make me love a fandom, but if I were to write one, I would do one where the events of the last two films changes the reality to such a server degree, that the events gets the attention of the Borg. The Destruction of Vulcan and the early arrival of Kahn catches the Borg's attention over a hundred years early than it should, and the Borg realizes that due to some kine of temporal displacement, technology is advancing much more rapidly in the Alpha Quadrant. This tells them they have to invade the AQ, and one human, in particular, catches the Borgs eyes... Kahn. Realizing his extraordinary intelligence, they make their way to the AQ in a quest to assimilate Kahn.

Back in Star Fleet, unknown to all of Star Fleet, before Kahn's capture, he had already had a plan in place to be revived if he should ever be put back on ice. Well, that plan starts to work itself out as one of Kahn's crew comes out of stasis and ends up freeing Kahn and the rest of the crew. The hijack another, top secret Star Fleet war ship to make their escape. When Kirk hears of Kahn's escape, he goes after him. Soon, he finds himself in a three way battle between Kahn and the Borg, who turns out to be an even bigger threat to Starfleet.

That's the idea floating in my mind. You would see Kirk Spock forced to prevent Kahn from being assimilated (Though Kahn does more than a decent job defending himself and his crew) by the Borg, which would mean utter catastrophe for not just Starfleet, but the entire galaxy.

Of course, I will never venture to write a Star Trek Fan Fic, so if anyone wants to tackle this little plot bunny... have fun!

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    When I first saw STID, when Scotty got to Jupiter and found the shipyard box thing, first thing I did was lean over to my brother and go, "I hope that's not a Borg cube."

A few days later, I take my dad to see the movie. Scotty gets to Jupiter, and my dad leans over to me and goes, "BORG CUBE!"

. . . I could never write the Borg. I don't even want to try.

24. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    mrjop2 if I had any time to write that I just might. But I have my own little plot bunny itching to get out. I could attempt the Borg. They are my favorite ST villian!

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Question that just occurred to me: If you're in a cryotube, and you're still alive and your heart is still beating . . . does your hair still grow?