main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] The One Born for Distress. Bromancy Introspections, with post up, Aug. 6!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 9, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    By Nyota's Heart

Disclaimer: Borrowing with affection!

Genre: Humor, character growth, friendship.

Characters: Jim/Spock primarily.

AN: This bromance has had me since day #1! Not likely to stop now. ^:)^

~!

What to make of the brash Mr. Kirk? I did not have an inkling of a supposition. He proved himself under fire, however. His resourcefulness and recklessness was beyond belief, and yet, dare I admit that I found no little admiration for those qualities just the same? They got ship and crew out of a very tight situation safely. At the end of the day, that is what matters.

Could I trust him not to do the most outlandish thing possible? That, I could not promise.

+++++

[face_laugh] [face_love]

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Because theirs is the bromance to end all bromances. There's nothing more you can say! And, as to that, Spock's POV was perfectly captured here. I especially loved the last line! [face_laugh][face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect
    Love Spock's comments on Kirk

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This is more fun than a fangirl should be allowed to have [face_rofl]

~~!

Jaw dropping moment! When I got an inkling of a definite certainty that the gorgeous Uhura was involved with Spock, my surprise was undeniable! What? I couldn't even get to first base with her much less knock it out of the park! What?! What could she see in him? I wondered. I knew what he saw in her - physically, she was absolutely stunning & I could tell just on short acquaintance she was brilliant. My blood still boiled at the whole Kobayashi Maru fiasco - i.e., even though I'd been able to work around it, so to speak, I hated being in a situation that was no-win from the outset. So my whole thing was: How could a fine lady like that go for someone who stacked the deck so a dude could not help but lose? But then, as time wore on, I got the picture. Behind Kobayashi Maru, eventually, reluctantly, but more crucially, behind what possibly had attracted her.

My XO was what you might call a great one to have your back. I discovered this on more than one occasion ... I have to admit. And he got us out of the tightest situations and went along with my most reckless ideas like it was a stroll in Central Park. Go figure.

+++++

[face_rofl] [face_love]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Kirk is quite observant. Uhura goes for the best there is

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fact. :D :D Mira_Jade

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    YAAAAAASSSSSS!!! I love a good bromance :D [face_love]

Could I trust him not to do the most outlandish thing possible? That, I could not promise.

[face_laugh] True :p

I love Kirk's reaction to finding out that Spock is dating Nyota! Cracks me up :D

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And I missed two things. :oops:[face_blush]

But here I am now . . . and oh my goodness, but the Kirk!voice here was perfect. You could completely hear him the whole way through - this could be something straight from his thoughts. I especially loved the:

My XO was what you might call a great one to have your back. I discovered this on more than one occasion ... I have to admit. And he got us out of the tightest situations and went along with my most reckless ideas like it was a stroll in Central Park. Go figure.

[face_laugh][face_love]

Perfect. =D=

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks!! [face_dancing] I've loved Jim just about as long as I've loved Han Solo [face_laugh] oh the parallels in personality & heart-of-goldness mixed with recklessness [face_laugh] ^:)^ And also in each inspiring and feeling loyalty/friendship that is something to be prized. [face_love]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Woot, this is a fun one. Duh. I especially like the adjective "refreshing." Read it in a Tendra/Lando fic and it's true, very true. Something beyond the expected is always. [face_love]

~!

My brother, Samuel, and I never had what you'd call a competitive relationship. We were more like pals. He'd stick up for me and I looked up to him.

So, I was in no quandary when it came to what makes a close filial tie.

Spock was close to his mother, and getting close to his father, whereas I ... my mother and I were closer than we'd ever been, and that was perhaps the cynics would claim due to the distance?

Irregardless, the two of us didn't ever try to advise one another on how to handle family tensions. We just gave each other a listening ear.

Not sure who was the first to confide in whom. If I were to think about it, I might have been astounded to find him a suitable and satisfactory confidante. Truth be told, I did.

I knew he wouldn't mince words or see only one side.
    It was refreshing and just what I needed.

For my part, I lightened the mood with humor, which surprisingly enough, despite his demurrals, I know helped.
    A strange admixture of personalities, but hey. It works.

++++

Yes it does! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was such a beautiful exploration about what I love most about Spock and Kirk's relationship. This part, in particular -

Irregardless, the two of us didn't ever try to advise one another on how to handle family tensions. We just gave each other a listening ear.

Not sure who was the first to confide in whom. If I were to think about it, I might have been astounded to find him a suitable and satisfactory confidante. Truth be told, I did.

I knew he wouldn't mince words or see only one side.
    It was refreshing and just what I needed.

For my part, I lightened the mood with humor, which surprisingly enough, despite his demurrals, I know helped.
    A strange admixture of personalities, but hey. It works.

- was so perfectly worded!

I didn't mean to quote such a large bit, but this was so spot on that I couldn't not. [face_love][face_love]

=D=

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect musings on parents and sibling

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_blush] Thanks for the quote. [face_love] I love that about the friendship between them as well. I glomped onto their bromance/fascinating rapport right off and never stopped. :*

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Good call for them to listen rather than giving advice. Sometimes all you need is a person to rant to!