Star Trek: The Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Mar 3, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    I can't wait, I really, really need this night of fun.

M - if you bring bean, just sit on the isle for fast mom aciton motion :p

2. Doni Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have seen the movie, and it is awesome.

That is all.
  3. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Absolutely!!! She is great with movies these days, but should she act up I will take her butt out, no worries there. ;)
  4. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

agreed...it has enough for die hard fans, but if you aren't a fan you won't be lost. :)
  5. FenigDurak Jedi Master

star 4
    Got my Trek glasses today. I only wanted Spock, but I couldn't, in good geek faith, break up a set.
  6. RubberDuckTape Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :eek:

I forgot about those glasses...I must have a set. We still have our Lord of the Rings ones from Burger King, and some Star Wars ones that came with action figures....and some Farscape mugs that I bought a long time ago....Must increase nerdy glassware. :-B
  7. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i will pick up mine tomorrow...since it is pay day.
  8. RubberDuckTape Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, I went to the Burger king website, and now I need a communicator toy, it says "BEAM US UP!"

[face_laugh]

http://www.clubbk.com/Toys/Default.aspx
  9. FenigDurak Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I'm black out my very brief comment on this freaking awesome movie:

Before anyone starts picking it apart with "That's not what happened!" remember that htey say IN THE DIALOGUE OF THE MOVIE "alternate reality."
  10. RubberDuckTape Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We went last night to burger king, with the express purpose of getting the glasses, and they were SOLD OUT!!! doh. They should get more in today, but what time today? [face_thinking]
  11. anthonymaul Jedi Master

star 4
    Im going to see it sat....cant wait...
  12. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    nooooooo!!!

i will call a couple by me...
  13. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

agreed. The ONLY thing i had issue with was they didn't explain what the RED MATTER was...i know they didn't want to all get into the Trekese as I call it, but an explanation would have been helpful. NOT that big of a deal...didn't take away from ANYTHING I loved it and i can't wait to see it again.
  14. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i am obviously a Trek fan...but this is just too funny.
  15. FenigDurak Jedi Master

star 4
    So last night I ran into two old classmates from Metro. One was a friend from an art class while the other was a prime example of geek gone wrong. This kid was in a theatre class I took and had proven himself to be quite possibly the most obnoxious being on the face of...well, the Milky Way. He, in the past, displayed a tendency to make random comments at the WORST times, giggle nasally, and have no ability to behave like a normal human being.

So last night he sat next to me in a not completely crowded theater. It wasn't until he sat down that I remembered him. I'd hoped he'd grown up. I was wrong. At the points where old Trek fans were pleased with classic lines or moments of geeky pride, he would giggle like an Anime fanboy with a...uhm...pop tent. Just before Pike's name was said, he couldn't stop saying "Pike Pike Pike PIKE PIKE PIKE PIKE!" He clapped LOUDLY when no one else was, and kept elbowing me despite my best efforts to lean far away from him. Finally with about 30 minutes left of movie I broke down and turned and said "Seriously Dude?!" Probably one of my calmer 'stfu' movie theater moments. I was quite proud.
  16. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Given the degree and method of containment, as well as interaction... I'd think the red matter was antimatter, but the fact that it can be physically handled and it doesn't take an equal mass of it to eliminate a planet kinda throws that right out. So it appears to be some sort of super-dense, super-reactionary material that makes things collapse into singularities that we'll probably never know more about. I think the technical term for it is "plot device". Good enough?
  17. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

:) i get what it was...but being a Trek fan...i like when they explain things treknoabel...NOT that big of deal, just more curious...like where did it come from? how did one little drop do that and then the whole big red ball (very ALIAS moment) only do the same damage? I realize it was a plot device...just one of those, hey give me more explanation things...after all it WAS Star Trek. THOUGH all and all i thought it was a great movie! even the 2nd showing.
  18. gundarkhunter Jedi Knight

star 3
    Got two of the BK Trek glasses. Uhura and Spock. Might hafta go back for the Kirk and Nero glasses tomorrow...

19. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You're totally right, MA--I have a ton of questions about it, but I doubt we're going to hear anything about that now. I don't think anyone "in the know" is gonna explain it to us mortals.
  20. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    I believe this video will clear up your issues with the "plot device".
  21. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

:p goober...i LIKED the movie. hehehehehe but i still wanna know. ;)
  22. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i got my glasses yesterday...but now i want a set to keep...they come in these spiffy boxes. too cool.
  23. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    There are glasses? :confused: Man, I am so out of the loop. I'm lucky I knew the movie was coming out. :p I will have to look for some of these glasses today.

Saw the movie last night in a large, packed theater with my mom and friends. We all really liked it. Going in, I expected that it would be very different from the traditional Trek, so my question would be whether this new approach would be something I would like or not. I was right, in that it didn't quite feel like traditional "Star Trek" to me, but I was glad to find that I liked and enjoyed it. I liked the way they justified/explained the reboot by working it into the plotline.

So I guess there was this comic that came out ahead of time? (Yeah, out of the loop. See above.) My friends and I were looking at the beginning while standing in line, and got to the part talking about the "red matter" and "supernova that would destroy the galaxy". We turned to each other, and were like... huh???:confused: Definitely just plot device.
  24. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    seeeeeeee...all we needed was a SMALL explanation. ;)
  25. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    hey all...so there is a program they that can turn you into one of the characters. LOL I am a pretty cute vulcan.

http://www.trekyourself.com/
Moderators: DieWompRatDie