main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek: TNG] The Other Mirror, Will/Deanna

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Sara_Kenobi, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: The Other Mirror
    Summary: Troi became pregnant in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, The Child. What if the child had lived. Troi left Star Fleet after the child was born. She rejoins Star Fleet at the beginning of season 7. Her child develops normally instead of rapidly. She returns to the Enterprise with some surprises in store for Will.
    Notes: AU of the Season 2 episode, The Child. Starts in Season 7.
    Author: Sara Kenobi

``Computer, call up the service record of Lieutenant Commander Deanna Troi.``

Will Riker sat down and looked over the service record of Deanna Troi. Troi, who he had not seen in almost five years. Deanna had decided to leave Star Fleet after becoming pregnant by an unknown alien life form, resulting in her giving birth to a human-looking baby boy.

The pregnancy had been unexpected for Deanna. She had woken up one morning, after sensing an unknown presence in her rooms, pregnant. The pregnancy had progressed normally, despite being the result of unknown origin. The child, presumably half alien, had taken after his mother exactly, being born half human and half Betazoid.

Deanna had taken to the child right away. The birth of the child, however, had unexpectedly affected himself in the most horrible way possible. He had quickly come to resent Deanna, first believing she had some secret relationship that had resulted in the pregnancy, and she was lying to cover it up because the father was a member of the crew. Deanna had eventually declared she had forgiven him for his accusations, but a short time later she abruptly decided to leave the Enterprise and Star Fleet to raise her child on Betazed.

Her decision had come as a blow to Riker, but he had decided to respect it and not question her reasons on why she had decided to leave.

Now she was returning. With her child. With her new husband.

He couldn?t believe it when he heard she was married.

He reviewed her service record.

Name: Deanna Troi
    Parents: Ian Andrew Troi and Lwaxanna Troi
    Siblings: Kestra Troi, sister, deseased.
    Children: Ian Troi, son, age five years.
    Position: Ships Counsellor, Medical
    Commander: Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Spouse: Thomas Riker, Lieutenant Commander, Star Fleet Academy, married 1 year.

Will blinked upon reading her husbands name.

No way. No.
    It couldn`t be.

Anybody but him.

Deanna had not only gotten married while away, she had managed to meet and marry his doppelganger, who was the living result of a transporter accident, over eight years ago.

Will knew that he had no right to feel this way. He had been the one to let her slip away. He all but chased her away from the Enterprise because he couldn`t deal with his jealousy. He had let her go rather than admit why he had been so bothered by her pregnancy.

He was in love with her. After all of this time, he was still in love with her, and he couldn`t bare the thought of anyone sharing those life experiences with her accept for himself.

Now, it was too late. It was much too late. He had lost her. And not to just anyone.

He had lost her to himself.

His door chime went off and Will blinked when Beverly entered his quarters.

`She?ll be on bored in five minutes, Will,`` Crusher beamed.

``I?ll be right there,`` Will promised before following Beverly from the room.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Chapter 2

She was amazingly beautiful. Even more so than from the last time he had seen her, if that was at all possible. She was dressed in the familiar Star Fleet issued uniform for a medical crew member. Her thick hair was tied back in a pony tail, but somehow the simple style suited her. Oh, how he had missed her.

Right away, he noticed something important. Thomas, her husband, wasn't with her. Will hoped that meant he wasn't coming on the ship after all. He could learn to live with having Deanna back on the Enterprise, if he wasn't here too.

Will also took notice of something important. This fact, however, surprisingly delighted himself.

Beside Deanna on the transporter pad was her son. Ian. Ian was unmistakably her son. Those same dark eyes and lips, and that thick curly hair, was all Deanna.

?Hello,? greeted the boy with a pleasant smile for him. The boy then turned to look back at his mother. ?That's dad's brother??

Will tried not to chuckle. It hurt too much to hear that, despite the sudden urge to laugh.

?In a way, you could say they are related,? Deanna agreed. She took Ian by the hand and stepped off the platform with her son.

?Hello Beverly, Will,? Deanna greeted them both with a hug.

?He's so beautiful,? Beverly gushed about Ian before hugging him.

?Deanna, welcome back,? Will managed. He forced a pained smile.

?Thanks Will. I want to talk later, once we're settled in, if that's alright??

?Sure, you ready to see the Captain??

?I'll leave you both to it,? offered Beverly, seeing how awkward things were in the room, before taking a quick exit.

?Are you up to seeing Captain Picard, sweetheart?? Deanna asked Ian.

?Sure, mommy,? agreed the boy.

Will then lead mother and son away, without another word.

Later, inside Deanna's new rooms, she let Will inside her quarters, giving him a hug and then leading him to the sofa.

?Ian asleep??

?Yes, he's excited for his first class tomorrow. Tom convinced him that school is a good thing.?

?Where is my... brother of sorts?? Will countered with a grin.

?He's decided to stay at the academy teaching, for now, until a new position opens up on the Enterprise.?

?How could he... I mean, you're both here,? Will tried to sound understanding. But he couldn't when it came to Tom.

?We... well, we have been having some problems. And we feel this time apart will help us out.?

?But... I don't get it. You've been married, what, a year??

?Yes. But some things have changed for us. Tom has been having a hard time.?

?Deanna, this doesn't sound good. How could he leave you both, everything, up in the air like that? How could he leave you??

?He didn't leave me, exactly, Will. I told him to go, until he knew where we stood.?

?Why??

Deanna winced uncomfortably. ?Will, I don't know if anyone told you this, or not. But I'm pregnant.?

?What?? Will was floored. ?But then how could he... I would never leave you like that.?

?Tom adores Ian, and he's good with him. He lets Ian call him dad. Things were wonderful. But, when I found out I was pregnant, Tom changed. He grew distant. He feels that he might not want this, although he won't say it.?

?But Deanna, you deserve better than a husband who runs out on you when things get difficult.?

?It's more complicated, Will. After Tom left, he met someone. He isn't certain about what he wants.?

?Deanna,? Will said chidingly. He couldn't help it. ?Dump him. Let him go!?

?Imzad- Will, he's the father of my child. Ian loves him! I need to give him time to choose.?

?He doesn't deserve you,? Will snapped angrily, before getting up abruptly and leaving Deanna alone.

?Oh, Imzadi,? Deanna whispered sadly, staring at the exit door long after Will had left the room.

3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    A really compelling and intriguing look at how things are different and yet it seems might not be so in regards to Will's love for Deana and hers for him as well. [:D] Great story and beginning.

4. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    that is an interesting twist :D
    great so far!

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank you for the replies! [:D]

Chapter 3

It had now been six months since Deanna had settled back into life on the Enterprise, and Will, for one, was thrilled to have her back in his life again. Her new pregnancy had been easy for her, but not as easy as her first. Deanna was now nine-months pregnant and was on her leave to have her new baby. She had chosen to stay on the Enterprise instead of returning to Betazed. She had felt it would be in the best interest of Ian, who was fitting in well with his classmates. She didn't want him to have to start over, again, for only the sake of a few months.

Will had kept a close eye on Deanna for the length of her pregnancy, and had quietly offered to be there for her in the delivery room, should she have no one else in mind. Will knew that Tom had remained out of contact with Deanna, which virtually left her alone in this. It wasn't right.

It would be something that Will would never do himself. But then again, Tom Riker had a long list of things that he would never do to Deanna. Abandon her, for starters. Will decided he wouldn't allow himself to think of the rest. It made him angry when he did. Too angry, from what was really appropriate.

There were times when he was with Deanna that he felt himself falling back into the past with her. It was so easy to forget that she was now married to someone else, having a child that wasn't his, and was long over the brief time they had been together, years ago, on Betazed. She fell in love with another man, and she had gone on to build a life with him. Despite what a terrible life it was, presently.

And from who she had chosen as a life partner, he knew, in a way, he should feel flattered. Not jealousy, so ridiculously jealous as he did.

They both had seen other people before. But knowing she had married, him, of all people... it was a bitter reality to deal with.

Tom had what he had been dreaming about since he had first met her on Betazed. And he had walked away from it.

Will looked up from the Captain's chair on the bridge when Picard entered, left, from his ready room.

?Sir, is there anything else? I'm making a very pregnant lady wait on me,? Will admitted, his eyes dancing.

?Go ahead, number one. Oh, can you please tell Counsellor Troi that she has a message waiting for her from Star fleet. I sent it through to her quarters.?

?Will do, sir.?

He couldn't believe it.

Tom had contacted Deanna. He wanted to join her on the Enterprise as soon as possible. Will knew that he had no right to tell Deanna what to do about her marriage, but could he really just sit by, waiting for the ball to drop again on her?
    Deanna had been so upset that she had cancelled their plans and promised to meet him in the morning for breakfast in his quarters.

So he waited for morning to come. He couldn't sleep. He felt that he was losing her, all over again. And once again, he would be doing nothing to stop it from happening.

It was her choice. Not his.

Sleep never did come.

6. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Tom picked a very interesting point to contact Deanna again ... [face_thinking]
    curious to read about her reactions and about the new born :)

7. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Yeah, it seems to be interesting timing in regards to Tom initiating contact once again with Deanna.