main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek: TOS] "and a fall", Spock/Uhura oneshot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ?and a fall?

Genre: Drama, Friendship
    Rating: G
    Time Frame: ?Journey to Babel?
    Characters: Uhura, Spock

Summary: ?Sometimes, he does so well at embracing everything Vulcan in him that she has to remind herself that there is more than just logic and facts clogging up his psyche in endless circles.? Companion piece to 'beneath a flicker'.

Notes: Because we need more moments like these in TOS! [face_love] [face_mischief]

Disclaimer: Nothing is mine, but for the words. :)

[i]?and a fall?
    by Mira_Jade[/i]

Lieutenant Uhura liked to consider herself a rational, and common sense sort of woman.

So, when she wondered how she ended up here, walking down the halls of the [i]Enterprise[/i], her heels clicking smartly on the metallic floors and her hands full of a bouquet of yellow flowers she wasn't really sure how to answer herself. At the time, the amount of flowers had seemed smart ? the sunny blooms looked wonderful with the fern and white speckled backdrop for them, and, of course, the large ribbon they were tied with was a great idea at the time ? getting Scotty to beam her aboard with them had been interesting ? and she had lost a bottle of her father's best ale to him in doing so.

Now, she gathered a strange look or two as she walked to the sickbay with her head held high. Thankfully, most of the crew were still going back and forth to Babel ? the planet they had reached just earlier that day ? for the conference whose first day was just coming to a conclusion. Still, there were enough aboard, and she had to use a sharp look or two to turn away the glances.

She felt even sillier when she walked into the only occupied bed in sickbay (the Captain had talked his way into resting in his quarters and going through the obnoxious amount of paperwork that had piled up for him; and the Ambassador was walking the corridors with his wife ? baffling McCoy with the speed of Vulcan healing) with her gift, her face obscured behind the yellow blooms, and their thick aroma clinging to the air around her.

?Good evening, Commander,? she greeted as casually as she could.

?Lieutenant,? was the returned greeting, and she could hear the raised brow in his tone.

She shifted the bouquet so that she could look over at see Spock glancing up at her, the corners of his eyes tightened in what a long time serving with him defined as curiosity. His head was tilted slightly ? the slightest bit that would mean nothing on anyone else, but for him spoke volumes.

?You brought me flowers, Lieutenant??

?Yes,? her weight shifted back and forth as she bounced from foot to foot.

?Flowers,? he repeated again.

?Yep,? she said again. ?For you,? she handed the bouquet to him before thinking twice and snatching them back. ?Oh yes, I have a vase too,? she said absentmindedly. She took the vase, and went to the sink by McCoy's medical tools, and filled the vase with water before emptying a packet of growth stimulator that the vendor had given to her into the vase as well.

As she worked, dividing the bouquet in two (she didn't feel so odd if she told herself that she was getting flowers for Sarek and Amanda as well), she let her eyes wander back to the table by Spock's bedside.

There were already holo-cards there from the rest of the crew, and Jim had even somehow found old world style helium balloons that said 'get well soon' in obnoxiously large print. She smiled upon seeing them. Just as quickly, she saw the Nurse Chapel had managed to find cheery pink roses for Spock . . . they were in a vase sitting prominently in front of every card. For some reason that caused a flash of [i]something[/i] flood her veins before just as quickly disappearing . . .

Huh.

?Leaving trinkets to a recovering person is a very popular human custom,? Spock remarked as she went about her task.

?Yeah, I guess it is,? Uhura commented fondly as she clipped the st

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I adore this!!! They're so in character and so lovable I just want to eat them up like Hagen Daas ice cream--yessirree!!!!!!!!

... A flood of "something" at Chris's roses, huh. I wonder what that might be? [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_mischief]

Her flowers are wonderful -- I think I will use a violet colored bouquet with a romantic significance in a future diary entry -- SQUEE!

You deserve every "best canon interpretation" nom, oh yes!!
    Huggles!!!!!!!

3. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    You captured the characters very well, and the story was very well written.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice!! Interesting underlying sexual tension there :D

5. HelloOrange

HelloOrange Jedi Padawan

Dec 28, 2009
    Great reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.