main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Trek tracklist

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Mastadge, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy1044

andy1044 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2006
    Main Theme Neapolitan FTW.

2. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I still like the theme despite these similarities. I really enjoy the score itself too and having seen the film twice now I would definitely like some of the unreleased material to surface eventually.

My favorite moment is at the end of "Nero Death Experience" when Kirk and Spock beam back to the Enterprise and Giacchino throws in the beginning of the Courage theme as they materialize.

3. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    I haven't purchased the cd yet but intend to. I saw the movie twice. As soon as I heard the music for when JTK's father was dying, I though "LOST" not knowing he was the composer!
    I love Lost partly because of the music!

and I like this ST music as well!

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    There's coincidence and there's coincidence. The rhythm, the tempo, the key, the pitch, the chord sequence/harmonisation, and the instrumentation were all VERY similar.

And all that aside, if it's enough to take you out of the movie which it did for me, and for others here, then it's a bad thing.

It didn't by any means spoil what was a great film, but as someone posted earlier, it irked me everytime that theme came up, which it did....a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.