main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Twice in a Lifetime. S/U. One-shot.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 19, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart - Disclaimer: Borrowing the characters - with love!

AN: Sequel of sorts to "Glad to Be Awake Again." Flashback convos in italics.

~!
    Now because of their prior conversation & the details about Mr. Jennick, it was Spock's turn to have a retroactive kind of dream.

It involved him revealing that he was forming a bond with Nyota.

Amanda was overjoyed. She smiled radiantly. "I knew there was something going on!" She commented triumphantly. "You kept relating how intelligent and confiding she is and how easy to talk to. Not like others I could mention, but won't." She rolled her eyes expressively.

Sarek shot his wife a tolerant glance. He too was pleased though less ebulliently, naturally. He had a strong sense that Nyota would make their son exceedingly happy.

This to be followed by the surprise Sarek could not quite hide when he was informed that a formal alliance would occur with T'Rin instead.

"I do not want you to infer from this that my attachment and commitment to Nyota were in any way frivolous or transient." Spock told Sarek. "It is simply ... a matter of obligation and duty."

Sarek sighed. "I regret that you had to make a choice between two such aspects. I was fortunate that career and the heart's choice could lie together."

"Circumstances can often force us to do things we would not otherwise contemplate."

Finally, Spock was able to share the gladsome news that he and Nyota were together again. His father merely gave him a softly pleased look while T'Mai's warm eyes shone. "A little delayed - and unexpected, but it is excellent that you can finally be with the one you wish to be." T'Mai commented with her on-point gentle way.

He couldn't have agreed more.

On awakening, Spock gazed at Nyota framed in the soft moonbeams spilling through their open window. The sound of the nearby surf was a soothing cadence.

Her eyes opened, as she became attuned to his wakefulness. "Hey."

"I too had dreams of the past events." He avowed.

"Really? Tell me." She said curiously.

He did, and finished by kissing her with profound gratitude and love.
    "Nyota, there was no guarantee that we would have met one another again, for one thing, and for the second, that you would wish to join your life to mine, after all that had transpired."

"Hmmm! The second was a foregone thing after the first occurred, don't you know that? I love you and am tickled it was so obvious to all and sundry despite everything."

"What you would likely refer to as twice in a lifetime." He observed thoughtfully.

"Yes! How romantically put!" Nyota exclaimed with pleasure.

"I meant that precisely." Spock rejoined.

"Sure, you did." She laughed. "I knew that." She winked.

++++++

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I particularly loved the flashbacks in this piece! It was wonderful to see from Spock's parents viewpoint how their path together twisted and turned over the years - the twice in a lifetime was more than accurately put. ;) [face_love]

=D=[:D]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I loved Sarek in this! Accepting his son's choices while hoping for his happiness.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely vignette