main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Venting Plasma [DDC 2018 Half-Marathon]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Jul 20, 2018.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: [Star Trek] Venting Plasma [DDC 2018 Half-Marathon]

Fandom: Various series of Star Trek from TOS, TNG, movies and beyond

Characters: Just your classic Star Trek characters

Genre: All genres of Star Trek will be featured.

Summary: This will be a news feature type story featuring different aspects from various Star Trek TV shows and movies as well as other areas written in a diary type format.

Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me, but at least I can kick the doors.

A/N: This will be for the http://boards.theforce.net/threads/dear-diary-challenge-2018-new-year-new-challenge.50047167/[/URL]] Dear Diary Challenge 2018 Half-Marathon].

I, Jake Sisko, will be retelling some stories of the Federation here from my desk at the Federation News Service or (FNS) for short. One story that comes to mind is one involving my father, Benjamin Sisko, who was the commander of Deep Space Nine.

Profits not Prophets

Quark was up to his usual tricks and schemes in the holosuite where a program was running called "Venting Plasma" which was a news feature type show that showcased the new technologies and other improvements that the Federation had made to the every person's living arrangements.

The program was already in progress... "I, John Q. Reporter, am televising live from the Rigel system, am in possession of the latest technology from the Federation, a new nanotech that can improve your lifespan exponentially."

"With the nanotech injected into your bloodstream," Reporter continued, "You can now live for as long a lifetime as you want. No more worries about dying. No more leaving your inheritance to your relatives. Now it's yours for as long as you want to possess it. Also, it stops the aging process and allows you to be young forever."

"Now," Reporter explains, "Who wouldn't want all of that?"

The crowd suddenly explodes with clapping and shouting as they clamor for the ability to get this new nanotech.

"See the reaction from the crowd?" Reporter urges the audience watching, "Just insert your credits chip into the slot and this nanotech will be yours forever and ever."

Then in tiny print at the bottom of the screen: "This has been a demonstration of the latest nanotech. No refunds. No warranty. No returns. Results may vary from person to person. No claim of immortality expressed or conveyed in this advertisement."

"This is John Q. Reporter, signing off for now. You have just watched, "Venting Plasma."

To Be Continued...

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] My goodness! This is a unique diary ;) And what funny news reports! [face_mischief]

RX_Sith likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your news reports. Star Trek one of my favorite shows

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] What a fantastic, unique idea for a diary! This is a hilarious premise, and I am already looking forward to more. :D [face_dancing]

5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Yes, I wanted this diary to be different than any diary I have done before.

@earlybird-obi-wan

Star Trek is definitely one of my favorite shows as well.

@Mira_Jade

Yes, it is different and unique.

Time to Time

It was evening time aboard Deep Space Nine, but with the constant darkness of space it always seemed that way. It’s strange how living out in space affects your body as it gets use to the permanent dark that it is surrounded by.

I want to be awake when I am sleeping and I want to sleep when I am awake. The constant turmoil that I have been experiencing almost feels like a dream. Can I get my bearings long enough to keep going or will the turmoil overcome my fears and invade my life.

I need patience and I need reassurance that I am here for a reason. My father tries to comfort my fears and tell me tha in time I will get use to life in space.

“There’ no need to be afraid”, Benjamin Sisko tells me, “In time, you will be so much use to being in space that being somewhere else will be the thing that gives you your greatest fears.”

After many, many years in space, I have now grown very accustomed to it. Going to different places and trying to blend in is extremely hard and results in myself tossing and turning in bed trying to get comfortable in a place where I am discombobulated.

I long for my return to the comforts of space and the closeness that I feel when it surrounds me. Yes, I am completely confused without it, so much so that I can only briefly go visiting other places. Time and time again I tell myself it will be different this time, but it’s not.

Such is the life of this reporter, Jake Sisko. Signing off for now. This has been, “Venting Plasma”.

To be continued...

Kahara likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb reflections as he adjusts to being in space and then finds he cannot be comfortable "groundside.". [face_thinking]

RX_Sith likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Adjusting to dark should be difficult for him but he copes and now he cannot get comfortable on a planet

8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Adjusting to space and then back to groundside can be troublesome for some.

@earlybird-obi-wan

It is indeed strange what some are comfortable with and not comfortable with.

Congratulations!

"Congratulations, Spock, you and Nyota are having twins," McCoy told both of them together, "Now there will be two more members added to your family."

"I am quite pleased with this," Spock sternly replied, "It is imperative that we have as many children as possible."

"Don't I have a say it that?" Nyota wondered, "But, I also want a big family."

"I did not mean to suggest otherwise," Spock told her sincerely, "You will always be my compass keeping me straight."

"You better believe it, "Nyota teased him, "Otherwise, you'd be still wondering about all miserable and lonely."

"I would never want that," Spock sincerely told her, "You are my strength and I love you more each day as our family grows bigger and stronger."

"I know," Nyota kissed him deeply welcoming his passionate kiss in return, "Now, get me something to eat; I'm starving."

"I have some chocolate troches just for the occasion," Spock presented her the delicious candy which Nyota started to chew in delight, "Enjoy!"

"I will enjoy this very much," Nyota declared, "It definitely makes me happy."

To Be Continued...

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I have only one word, which of course you can guess. SQUEE! Happy melted me! [face_love] =D= :) [face_sigh] The teasing and warmth are totally in character and adorbs!

RX_Sith likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    twins, that will have her needing a lot of that delicious chocolate. Sweet entry

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    More of the Same

“Thanks for the glasses,” Kirk told McCoy after receiving them as a birthday present, “I hate getting older.”

“Your welcome,” McCoy stated with his usual Southern charm, “And they make you look more distinct.”

“No, they make me look old,” Jim lamenented, “And that’s the truth.”

He put them on briefly and a crewman walked by, “Hey, Gramps, how’s is going?”

“See,” Jim complained, “Distinct; more like extinct.”

McCoy could hardly hold his laughter, That’s true.”

“Thanks,” Jim paused, “For making me look old and silly.”

To Be Continued...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Kahara likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] =D= [face_mischief] Love the teasing! Very in character.

RX_Sith likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    glasses Yeah that's making you older Jim

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    But he's young where it counts! [face_rofl] [face_mischief] [face_love]

RX_Sith likes this.
  15. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Yes teasing is always Bones forte.

@earlybird-obi-wan

Yes they did make Jim look older but he wore them still.

If I can find you

Playing hide and seek with my dearest Nyota was proving to be a ball for her as she had now eluded me finding her for ten minutes and thirty-three seconds so far. I shouldn’t have bought such a big house with so many hiding places in it. I am normally able to find her within five minutes, but this time she obviously wants to remain hidden from me.

I suspect that it will take more time than usual to locate her and then it will be my turn to hide from her. I looked high and low for her and then it occurred to me that I could find her faster by using my tricorder. I set it to silent and started scanning. She was in our bedroom according to the tricorder.

I switched it off and carefully walked towards the bedroom. I opened the door and then stopped by the bed. I bent down and looked underneath. There she was.

“I found you,” I told her, “Now, it is my turn to hide.”

“Wait,” she slinked from under the bed, “Don’t you want to take advantage of this situation?” She glanced at the bed.

“I do,” I kissed her deeply and all thoughts of ever hiding from her left me instantly, “I found you.”

“I know,” she teased, “I love you.”

To be continued...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Kahara likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! SQUEE! SQUEE! =P~ And I LOVE THEM! <3 <3 [face_mischief] You knew that. [:D] !!

RX_Sith likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely, Spock counting seconds and in the end ....

18. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooooh, I really like the variety of characters and circumstances you've shown here so far. (The McCoy and Kirk banter over age had to be my favourite segment! :p) It's a really unique format - a single person collecting tales, and I like the feeling of not knowing what's going to happen next! I'm looking forward to reading more. =D=

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Of course I did.

@earlybird-obi-wan

Yes, the ending was delectable.

@Mira_Jade

Age for Kirk is always full of humor as well as the format for this diary.

Farewell

The ceremony for Spock Prime's funeral on New Vulcan was very stoic and full of traditions and somberness. The lit torches flickered while the stone slab that Spock Prime's body was in was lowered into its sanctuary. One that was preserved in marble and encrypted with Spock Prime's personal message to those in attendance.

"Greetings..." the hologram of Spock Prime announced, "This recording is for my funeral. I know that this is a sad occasion for most; but to Vulcan's this is a passage to the greatest frontier of all; Sha Ka Ree; or Heaven as Humans say. I may be gone, but my other self; Spock also has my memories and I leave everything that was mine to him."

"Isn't that an honor?" Nyota questioned Spock.

"It is considering the circumstances," Spock assured her, "It is a most fascinating aspect of human nature; that of honor."

"From now until we once again become a civilization that is not close to extinction," the hologram of Spock Prime continued, "I leave my most sincere greeting; Live Long and Prosper," he held his hand in the familiar Vulcan salute.

"Live Long and Prosper," everyone in attendance extended the same greeting to those around them as the ceremony concluded.

"What now?" Nyota wondered.

"A good question," Spock mused, "Do we settle down here now or do we continue our voyages on the Enterprise?

"Well, you know that I still want to see the unknown," Nyota told him truthfully, "Plus, I don't exactly want to settle down yet. I feel like we still have plenty of time before that."

"Of course," Spock agreed with her, "We will continue out among the stars; it seems to be our destiny, plus I am sure that Spock Prime would not want us to disrupt our lives."

"Good," Nyota smiled, "But, it's also nice to know that we have a vast amount of property here on New Vulcan for vacations and our future home."

"Yes, indeed," Spock arched his eyebrow in reply, "To our future home when that time comes."

"Our future home when the time comes," Nyota hugged him and kissed him tenderly, "Where we can live long and prosper."

"Indeed," Spock arched his eyebrow again, "Indeed."

To Be Continued...

Kahara likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Moving ceremony & a beautiful loving talk. [face_love] =D= [face_love]

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great ceremony with the two Spock's

22. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Ongoing Mayhem

The mood in the room was auspicious as Captain Picard tried to accommodate the Ferengi delegates request for more profits from the jointly operated latinum mine with the Federation.

“We merely want a 50-50 split of the profits,” the Ferengi Ambassador proposed, “That would be the most appropriate for this joint venture.”

“You want half the money without providing any labor or monetary benefits with this mine”, Picard stated the reason for the current 60-40 split of the profits between the Federation and the Ferengi, “Are you willing to help in either of those two areas.”

“Ferengi do not support labor for this venture”, the Ambassador told Picard plainly, “And what would be our profit margin if we actually spent money to make money; that is totally against Ferengi principles.”

“So, you want all of the benefits without any of the risks; only the rewards,” Picard summarized their current agreement with the Federation for ‘the joint venture.

“Anything less would be against our nature”, the Ambassador told him, “Surely the Federation wouldn’t make us change that which is the very essence of our existence.”

“I will not increase the current agreement in your favor,” Picard told him his reasons for denying any changes, “I hope that we can still find common ground with the current contract.”

The Ferengi Ambassador stormed out of the conference room, “Blasted Federation, they will pay for this decision”, he angrily left the building.

Captain Picard beamed back up to the Enterprise and had Data scan for any Ferengi vessels, “They will probably try to do something to make us change our minds”, Picard told the crew as they remained in orbit around the planet.

Suddenly a Ferengi ship appeared and made its way also in orbit around the planet. “We cannot provoke them in any way”, Picard told the crew, “Any hostilities would automatically make the party that started it first lose their claim in this joint venture.”

“So, we simply wait then,” Riker stated, “For them to make the first move.”

“Exactly, Number One”, Picard agreed, “The Ferengi are entitled to have their ships here just like the Federation as well. They will not risk the loss of profits for this current disagreement with the current contract that we have with them.”

Days passed and the Federation called the Enterprise to go to a different system. “If we leave, there will be no Federation presence to monitor the Ferengi”, Picard told Admiral Turner.

“We are sending the Nantucket there”, Admiral Turner told him, “You have your orders to go to the Mintaka system.”

“Yes, Admiral”, Picard obliged his orders, “Data, set course for the Mintaka system, Warp Two.”

“Aye, Captain,” Data entered the coordinates into the ship’s navigation system as it entered warp.

After a few days, news came to the Enterprise of the Nantucket arriving at the system with no Ferengi ship in orbit. They went down to the mine location and saw that everything was still operating normally.

“I guess the Ferengi realized that any mayhem would result in no profits,” Picard figured, “So, they must have left and reported that the current agreement is better than no agreement at all.”

To Be Continued...

Kahara likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the bickering between Ferengi and the Federation

RX_Sith likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very much in character, the conciseness of Jean-Luc summing up the situation and best strategy [face_love] and the Ferengi self-interest :p =D=

RX_Sith likes this.
  25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Too Many Borders

The Enterprise was patrolling the Romulan border when suddenly Starfleet called stating that there was a problem at the Cardassian border.

“From one border to the next,” Worf complained, “Our adversaries have no honor.”

“We must see what is happening,” Jean-Luc Picard told the crew, “Engage” he ordered as the ship entered warp drive towards the Cardassian border.

When they arrived they scanned the area.

“Nothing is amiss”, Data reported, “All scans report normal.”

“Contact Starfleet,” Picard ordered, “I will be in my ready room.”

Admiral Stone appeared on the monitor in Picard’s ready room. “Greetings, Jean-Luc, how is everything at the Cardassian border.”

“I believe that you already know the answer, Admiral”, Picard informed him that everything was normal at the border.

“Are you ready for your next exercise then”, Admiral Stone asked him.

“That depends,” Picard answered him, “Are you sending us to a different border now.”

“How did you know,” Admiral Stone looked somewhat astonished, “Go to the Breen border, Captain.”

“And what if everything is normal there as well, Admiral,” Picard wondered.

“Then you are ordered to the Gorn border next, Admiral Stone told him.

“Am I to guess that everything will be normal there as well, Admiral,” Picard questioned his motives.

“We are merely seeing that everything is normal at each and every border that the Federation has,” Admiral Stone explained to him, Now carry out your orders.”

“Yes, Admiral,” Picard obliged, “Data set course for the Breen border, then the Gorn border, then every other border that the Federation has.”

“Aye, Captain,” Data acknowledged.

Each border was as calm as the next and Picard was beginning to wonder if Starfleet had really no reason for this jaunt from one border to the next. He decided to just relax and enjoy the ride amongst the vast distances that his ship travelled to between each border.

To Be Continued...

Kahara likes this.