main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Trek vs. Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by slimybug, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTader

DarthTader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    Yeah, your right. Anyways both ST and SW are unrealisic in their own ways, but my vote is deffently SW
    ::Runs away from an argry mob of trekkies for saying that ST is unrealistic::

2. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Shocktrooper - That's so true! It's like, "hey Ensign Johnson go look behind that rock", good-bye Ensign Johnson!
    What makes it funny is that it carries through from the old series to the new ones! It's like their writers have this "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" plot outline! :D

Well, later!

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I love the ambigious extra that you just "know" is going to be eaten/electrocuted/shot/stabbed/beaten senslessly/chocked/vaoprised/etc...

Can't beat the good, ol' Redshirt! :)

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I've seen more far fetched ideas in Star Trek. Like lets see, nobody dies.

Pot, kettle, black. [face_laugh]

5. danlow913

danlow913 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    first of all I practice buddhism. 5 different sects of it and there is no concept of an energy field. there are ideas of nature and harmony in taosim and some of it has come over to buddhism. wat u read might be fiction or it might be the beliefs of one group of ppl. an energy feild is not a buddhist concept. and its not the force that is inspired its the jedi ways that are. meditation and bieng calm,those are not part of the energy feild they are part of the jdi way of life. so the force is not inspired by buddhism. dam do u think before u write.

6. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Whoa! See Religon is screwing up this thread! Here I came to laugh a little about people actually trying to argue ST and SW and Religon has poked it's head in here and declared "this parties over!" :eek:

Well I say we strike back! I say we ignore all these people that find it necessary to preech their Religon on these boards! Stop trying to recruit me! If Mormon,Judaism, Buddhism, Christainity, Taoism, whatever was so great, then why do you have to go around recruiting people!? :mad:

As for the Force, give it up people, no matter how hard you try to "connect" with it, it isn't going to happen! You might as well go try and find the ToothFairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus! (My appologies to all Mythical creatures everywhere!) :D

Sorry if I got on a rant, but these are SW boards, you want to discuss Religon, then you can just "move along, move along!" ;)

7. Nerak

Nerak Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    Danlow, no no no.

first off all when I speak "The force" I have jedi in mind. They go with the other

You miss understood me. Dont take it word by word and so literal. I also siad its from many other relgions', mostly eastern. I'm not even a relgion freak to, I'm speaking in literature sence.

I was not just talking about Buddism.
    Thats what I was talking about, nature, harmonu and all that stuff. And the Art of War is not fiction, look it up. It's not even a story. It's how Sun Tzu views the world. You would like, look it.

I also ment thier way of life. Now you just being picky, Dan. You siad the same thing I siad just in difftents words and switched a few terms. Dont the force and jedi go hand and hand and the life style of the jedi as well. Well anyway what you siad above is what I ment.

I'm not saying that theforce and the Jedi are exacty rip off from buddism.

I thought you would be thinkfull of what I think, but you back lash and beg to differ. I am respectful of your studys. I think you just had to prove youself of your studys and counter my thoughts. With out thinking what I wrote. You could have corrected me or are give a diffrent perception but with out think you wrote in the sence of, wrong wrong -no. What you said above was not far off what I said.
    So Dan, Maybe you should think before you give your opion and not to mention write.

8. danlow913

Apr 21, 2002
    Im sorry if i took u literaly but u did not indicate "do not take literaly". I am not recruiting at all nothing i did resembled that at all. i happen to practice judaism as well. i am wat they call a BuJew. We are not fighting religions or recruiting in fact we never mentioned comparitive religion other than the force not bieng from buddhism so u just obviously feel u hav to say something about a topic u hav heard of. wat u said was not anywhere near wat was said so if u want to show off how how many terms u know start a thread on that. im sorry if im rude.

9. JediRuler

JediRuler Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2002
    back OFF Buddhism! :mad:

10. Nerak

Apr 28, 2002
    Now you are make no sence. I was not taking about terms. I siad you switched then. Jedi way of life and the force. It is realy the same thing. The reason they live like that is off the force.

I siad the force is not fully inspired by buddism but many eastern relgions as well. I stated that many times.

This topic I was speaking of was not heard abon but though by my own thoughs form the books I've read about about eastern relgions. Such as Art of War, the book dates 500 years ago writen by the wise Sun Tzu. It even siad a little about star wars in the intro on the Audio tape but this is not part of the Art of War but a warm up.

Anothe such book is "The way of the samurai" not as old as Art.

And remeber not just buddism but many easten relgions.

You dont sound very passive to others ideas Dan.

11. Digital_Angel

Digital_Angel Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2002
    Both have their good points. :)

As for Trek being unrealistic...That's probably why it's called "science *FICTION*. ;)

12. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks JediRuler! :)

Digital_Angel, for a Buddhist you sure are very hostile! ?[face_plain]

Now we are completely off topic! Oh well, I quit this thread, it not fun anymore! :(

Later!

13. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Eep... this thread sure has been sidetracked since I last checked in...

14. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Can all the people who want to talk about religion please leave by the side door and kindly make your way to the senate chamber to discuss your glorious religions. There you can find many threads on how you all can go to hell. :)

Thankyou and good morning!
    Now back to the hilarity......

OK ST & SW fans back into your battle positions.
    SW fans simultaniously start the ingnition process to their super lasers.
    Whilst all Trekkies prepare an away team in a vain attempt to keep the peace.

15. Nerak

Apr 28, 2002
    Ok Ok, what about Vong vs Borg.

that would be a kick ass match. They both will hate each other. Borgs' are Machine and bio. And Vong hate Machins. So a hole race that lives and breaths with machins.

As for the Borg they would think this as a challange and would like to recuit vong. And plus they would just hate them how they dont us machins at all.

So who would win?????

16. Jedi_Master_Hammer

Jedi_Master_Hammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    Why is SW better than ST, there are probably millions of reasons for that, but let me just name one, that i think is one of the best.

Imagine this:
    You are sitting in your overmodified freighter with cargo holds full of spice.
    And just then a giant box decloaks in front of you! You would probably laugh first, and run later.

Or imagine this:
    You are sitting in your overmodified freighter with cargo holds full of spice.
    And just then a Super Star Destroyer decloaks just in front of you! You would probably have a heart attack and a few seconds later be a million atoms scattered across the system.

(I know that Borg Box (or Cube if u prefer) and the SSD usually have no cloaking devices, but it can be installed)

17. danlow913

Apr 21, 2002
    i am calm inside but speak with passion thats is the way I practice. It helps people take me seroiusly. and this realy isnt a religoin debate.

18. Nerak

Apr 28, 2002
    I was watching "Back To the Futur" today and that time Marty makes his father ask his futur wife to the dance. He dressis in that sout and scares his father and says he's Darth Vader from the planet vulcon.

I've seen that film many times but this time I realy noticed it. [face_laugh]

19. JediRuler

JediRuler Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2002
    :D hahahahaha

20. JangoxFett

JangoxFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    I am not sure if someone else talked about this? but I found a very funny site that has a funny opening screen about Luke running into the enterprise and ... well you got to see it yourself.

http://www.starwarsspoofs.com/

:D

21. Jedi_Master_Hammer

Jedi_Master_Hammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    "I found a very funny site that has a funny opening screen about Luke running into the enterprise"

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!
    I saw it!! It is Sooooooo great!!!

22. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    HHHH, woa! Die Ya little womp rats!

23. IliveinHoth

IliveinHoth Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2002
    On Vong vs. Borg

Too many borg, the Vong seem to be running out of manpower already. Now one worldship vs a single borg cube - I say Vong wins, too much organic weaponry for Borg to handle.

24. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    Star Wars VS. Star Trek is like Apples and Oranges. They are completly different things end of discussion. What i'm trying to say is that we sould respect both.

25. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Guys listen, all you need to know is: Star Trek Sucks, an Star Wars Rocks!!!!!!!!!!

-Yoda [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.