main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Waiting for Absolution (Spock)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by DaenaBenjen42, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Title: Waiting for Absolution
    Author: DaenaBenjen42
    Fandom: Star Trek
    Character: Spock Prime
    Dislaimer: Not mine. Am humbly borrowing from Roddenberry and company.
    Notes: Thank you to Jade_eyes for the suggestion that led to this one... though, really, she had something else in mind. Enjoy. :)

Standing on the icy surface of the moon he'd been left on and staring upward, all he can think of is his wife. Watching the destruction of his world... his home, it all slides into focus.

He failed, and now nothing can take it back. Nothing, not one thing.

How many dead? He does not know. Too many to count.

The icy wind buffets him, but he barely feels it. It is nothing compared to the storm raging on the inside. To the pain threatening to overtake him, body and soul.

His wife... family... friends. His parents. Did they make it off in time?

So many questions swirled around in his mind... he knew she wasn't born yet, in this time, but that was all he knew. Would the colony be affected? That, too, was an unknown.

Saavik... maybe he'd been so eager and willing to save Romulus any way he could because, in a way, it was her homeworld. In a way, though she had never really lived there, nor was she fully Romulan or fully Vulan. She had walked a line, just as he had, being neither one nor the other, and both at the same time.

He looked again at the very obvious evidence of his failures and his eyes began to sting in a way that he could not blame on the coldness swirling around him.

He had failed... everyone.

How much would be altered by his failure? Spock didn't know.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Daena -- LOL! Something else in mind--I love that! i'm so transparent! [face_laugh]

This was splendid and very true to character. Very beautifully done. =D= Just makes me want to give Spock a [:D] !!!!

Hugs to you too!!

:D

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, poor Spock!!

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    This is a sad look into Spock's thoughts while watching Vulcan die. It's no so hard to think of feeling this way; not only about his lost home, but about his wife that he may never see again.

Saavik... maybe he'd been so eager and willing to save Romulus any way he could because, in a way, it was her homeworld. In a way, though she had never really lived there, nor was she fully Romulan or fully Vulan. She had walked a line, just as he had, being neither one nor the other, and both at the same time.

Spock's obvious passion for Saavik is evident here. I really like how this sentence is written. They are both a product of two worlds and uniquley individual.

Good work, Daena.

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I am thrilled beyond words to see you dabbling in the Star Trek fandom. Seriously, you have No. Idea. [face_dancing] [face_love]

First off, before I comment on the particulars, I have to say how much I enjoy your style of writing. It's short, really nothing more than a healthy drabble, and yet it's beautiful what you manage to say in a few words. Your style was elegant, and simple, and yet it really packed a punch.

A. Really. Big. Punch. [face_plain]

Particulars:

Beautiful. There is love her, poignant and touching. I loved how you portrayed this. :)

He looked again at the very obvious evidence of his failures and his eyes began to sting in a way that he could not blame on the coldness swirling around him.

He had failed... everyone.

How much would be altered by his failure? Spock didn't know.

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch!! The little touch - the sting of tears, was particularly touching for one who rarely showed anything. I can only imaging the guilt he would have gone through after this, and you captured it perfectly.

Beautiful. =D=

Can we hope to see you writing for Trek again?

Soon? [face_batting]

Be careful, I'm not above bribing. ;)

~MJ @};-

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm not above bribing or shameless begging. LOL :* :* Reading Mira's review... I've been in such exquisite & complete and eternal raptures over the altered timeline and what it has brought to the young Spock in the lovely exotic & brilliant Nyota :* :* [face_love] !!!!! that I forgot about the cataclysmic losses it brought to Spock Prime. I hope Saavik is fine and they meet up again. I certainly don't want to consign him to the LOTF fate that Luke was condemned to suffer. :mad:

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Jade_eyes: [:D] right back at 'ya. Thank you, Jade_eyes. :) (Transparent? Oh, heck no. Farthest thing from what I meant.)

NYCitygurl: Most definitely poor Spock. Thank you, Nat. :)

brodiew: And, even if he does see her again, she won't be the Saavik he knows. It'd sort of be "the greatest thing that never happened to me." Thank you, brodiew. :)

Mira_Jade: I am thrilled beyond words to see you dabbling in the Star Trek fandom. Seriously, you have No. Idea.

Just as I am touched beyond the telling of it that you liked it. Really.

Can we hope to see you writing for Trek again?

Soon?

Yep. :D

Be careful, I'm not above bribing.

As I said over in the drabble thread... you'll not have to resort to bribery. (Unless you want Star Trek poetry... then you might. ;) ) Thank you for the review, Mira. :)

Jade_eyes: No, we certainly would not want to do that to Spock, Jade_eyes. At all.

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, poor Spock!! Lovely viggie :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.