main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Trek: Where did the Next Gen movies go wrong?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by DarthButt, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Nemesis is an even-numbered film. Therefore, it's good.

2. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Doesn't work...you missed 3...overall not fantastic...but it has 4 or 5 scenes that trump it over at least 5-6 of the other films in total. And it also includes 4...and the laugher cannot be counted as "good".

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They weren't trying with Insurrection- characters were marginalized to one-line jokes (Crusher in particular, what did she do in the movie? talk about her boobs once and thats it). Nemesis at least had a semblence of trying to be entertaining, and tried to do some new things with some characters, even if the result was flawed.

4. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Actually, from what I recall, Crusher had a much much larger part in the Insurrection first edit...but as they re-edited to pick up the pace and add more "action", her scenes were cut. I think it was a sensitive issue for McFadden when Nemesis came around.

In fact, as I recall from promotional material, McFadden was interviewed talking about how happy she was to have a much greater roll in the film then she had in Generations or First Contact...of course this was during production, before they edit her to objectivity.

Poor Gates...she never gets her do...She was the only reason I watched half the unwatchable TNG eps. [face_love]=P~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.