main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Trek XI

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    'Star Trek' is the working title of the planned eleventh entry in the Star Trek film series?based on Gene Roddenberry's science fiction franchise.

Set before "The Original Series" Kirk and Spock are newly graduated Cadets fresh from Starfleet Academy and are sent on their first space mission. The film will be produced by Lost co-creators J. J. Abrams (who is also directing the film) and Damon Lindelof, and written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who will also be executive producing along with Bryan Burk. It will be released on December 25, 2008 in the US.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I have a feeling this will suck.

Badly.

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Picard > Kirk.

4. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Have faith my friend, I said the same thing and argued that it should not be a prequel but now I know they are looking for younger actors not just clones of TOS cast and that it will be canon which won't disregard the whole 40+ years of Trek then hopefully it will be good. Plus JJ did a good job with LOST lets hope he does the same for Trek :)

5. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    From TrekWeb.com:

The Paramount Pictures presentation today at the San Diego Comic-Con regarding Star Trek XI (or simply "Star Trek") was attended by producer/director J.J. Abrams, star Zachary Quinto and legendary Star Trek star Leonard Nimoy.

According to the report, Abrams and his team are desperately trying to find a way to put Star Trek star William Shatner as James T. Kirk in the movie. "We're desperately trying to figure out how to fit Shatner, and it needs to be worthy of him and the movie. So we're on that. And we're looking for a Kirk. Do you guys have any ideas for Kirks? Anyone?" asked Abrams, revealing that the new Kirk has yet to be cast. They start shooting in November.

They do have a casting confirmation ... Zachary Quinto is indeed the new Mr. Spock.

Asked how much of his performance will be influenced by Leonard Nimoy, Quinto told the audience "Well, as much as he'd like it to be, since he's working on the film, which is an honor."

And so there is the big news : Leonard Nimoy returns as an older Spock in the movie. "He's donning the ears one more time!" quips Abrams. Nimoy comes out on stage and says "People have been asking me why I'm doing this movie, and I think the answer is obvious, we have a great director, a wonderful script, and a wonderful young actor playing Spock, so ... it was logical."

Abrams says he'll be back next year at Comic-Con with a lot more Star Trek information.

Heres the new poster, not as good as the older one but at least the original logo is back:

[image=http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2439/startrekposter1qc3.jpg]

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'm a bit worried about this prequel deal, but let's be honest here.... I'll probably go watch it several times anyway. [face_blush]

7. Qui-Ton-Set

Qui-Ton-Set Jedi Master star 2

May 7, 2006
    Do you think we will find out that Kirk was also concieved by Midichlorians?

8. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    [face_laugh]

[face_worried]

9. Dickie

Dickie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    [face_plain]

[image=http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/insp_captkirk_preview.jpg]

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Casting Quinto as Spock's certainly...different. I would've gone with Adrian Brody but oh well.

11. Glass_Onion

Glass_Onion Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2005
    I'm quite looking forward to it, plus I've actually enjoyed all of the movies so far.

I quite liked Abrams saying "Obviously this is a series that I loved as a kid. While I was always, sort of honestly, more of a Star Wars kid than a Star Trek kid?I love Trek." in his opening speech yesterday. Though I'm not sure what I think about him playing Producer/Director. Lost is pretty dull and this whole Cloverfield nonsense hasn't really excited me at all.

12. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    You're certainly in the minority Onion. Most people find Lost interesting and are thoroughly intrigued by Project: Cloverfield.

13. Glass_Onion

Dec 29, 2005
    I know, but to be honest being chased by polar bears or drunk people getting hit by asteroids are just a bit bleh to me. ;)

I'll admit not enough has been released on Cloverfield to make a proper opinion on it, but the teaser really didn't do anything for me.

14. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Zachary Qunito is the only reason to think about seeing it. I never got the whole Star Trek thing. My dad's a huge fan, but he doesn't get the whole Star Wars thing!

15. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    Syyyylar!!!

Seems kind of fitting with all the references to Star Trek in Heroes.

16. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    No serioulsy you do have a valid point there

In the turn of this century Star trek only copies Star Wars
    they never did a orginal story in site.

If star wars going to have epic battle scene star trek must have an epic battle scene
    If star wars is going to be a prequel star trek must be a prequel
    If Star Wars jumps out the window Star trek must jump out the window

Y'know when Bill Shatner did star trek series, it was witty, good science fiction, tense times and all that and it had the dodgy special effects LOL.

Paramount has ruined Star Trek and should be taken up by someone else

17. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
  18. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
  19. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001

they might aswell forget it then ! [face_plain]

20. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    The only reason that you do not like it is because it did not go the way you wanted it to...

....fanboy :p .....

....... Star Trek fanboy :p ;) .

21. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Are these the same people who said Robbie was going to be the new James Bond??

Come on people. There's no way Paramount would risk all that money on a singer with no acting experience.

My guess is they will go with an unkown so that the actor doesn't bring any baggage to the role (as a Matt Damon or Jude Law would).

You know i'm a blonde guy in his 20's..... About the right build and right hight. Maybe I should give JJ a call!!

22. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Kirk isn't Blonde he has brown hair and light brown eyes thats why it would never of been Damon, I think they should go with an unknown.

23. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Picard FTW!

[image=http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8264/idhitthatxn1.jpg]

24. Glass_Onion

Dec 29, 2005
    In an age of hair dye and coloured contact lenses that's not really proof of someone not getting a role, is it? ;)

25. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    SOMEBODY SHOOT THE PERSON WHO CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA!!

why does everybody wana copy the star wars prequel idea??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.