Star Trek XI

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
    I also like the Nova class. Not a battleship by any means, but I thought it "plucky".
  2. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
    I always wondered what the RetroFitted Dorsal Carrier (XRT-550) would of looked like, it was commissioned in 3125! [face_thinking]
  3. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
    You lost me at dorsal...
  4. Moylesy Jedi Master

star 4
    The Nova is a nice design, it fits well with that era (and only comes in one part...).
  5. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    Is Film4 film expectation has sunk to a new low or are we missing something on Star Trek Nemesis ?

I like watching Film 4 because of the films they put makes a real difference from blockbuster films but yesterday they decided to show Nemesis ?

Anywhoo

I wouldn't want to agrue with idea that we cant judge on things we cant see or touch
    but these are Star Trek ships they are predictible :p :p

Isn't the Enterprise D - Alternate future version a dreadnaught class in the Picard era
    Its 3 nacellies, mega Phazers, various phazers torpedo lauchers and a new weponary rail guns ?

Look at these ships from the Kirk sixty era:

[image=http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/dreadnaught_federation_prop.jpg]

Federation Class

Star trek film era (1-6)
    [image=http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/dreadnaught_federation_prup.jpg]

6. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
    Are those ships canon at all?
  7. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    When It comes to ships star trek doesn't bother whether a ship is in cannoon or not
    Sometime ago a fan created a B era type Carrier then the actual ship was used in DS9.

So yeah they are
    Remember Starfleet has various varaints of types of starships which we havent seen
  8. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Current Star Trek canon policy IIRC is "if it appears on screen, it's canon. If it doesn't, it ain't."
  9. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
    I think Spike's right. Unlike Star Wars, Trek doesn't have verying levels of canon. The only thing that's gospel is what's on screen, everything else is fanon.
  10. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    I decided to look up Trek canon policy on the Trek wikia.

11. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    So is wiki saying that
    License version are cannons ?

THen the Technical manual are licensed as you mentioned
    therefore those ships are cannon

Mustafa and Spike, if you say that what is seen on Screen are cannon then what you said about licenced is contradictory,
    There are a lot of ships in star fleet have not been shown on screen yet they are licenced. :)

I seen a few in model shops

bottom line to classify star trek ships whats cannon or not will be difficult unless someone flies the Millenium Falcon acrossthen we will know for sure. :p
  12. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    I repeat

bottom line to classify star trek ships whats cannon or not will be difficult unless someone flies the Millenium Falcon acrossthen we will know for sure.

No matter how hard I try, I can never see the Falcon in the ST: FC battle :(
  13. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    USE YOUR IMAGINENATION ! :p
  14. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001690;p=0
  15. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Nice. :cool:
  16. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    My point stands. It's really difficult to see.
  17. Moylesy Jedi Master

star 4
    What you have seen in model shops are "garage" kits, they are not licensed by the Studio at all. As for that Technical manual, those designs have been around for years and are very lacking in imagination. For some good (and bad) fan designs go here. I think that the "Hercules" design would have made a better NX-01 than the one we saw on screen. Perhaps the worst ST designs however were by none other than Ralph McQuarrie for Star Trek Phase II.
  18. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    It's not meant to be "in your face" lol
  19. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    If they are not licensed arent they breech of copy right ?
    I really don't understand about Star trek at all
    With Star Wars you would know when you have breached .
    I'm confused

Spot on Moylesy =D=
    Thats excatly what NX-01 should have been
    I guess great thinkers think alike. :D

20. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
    The NX-01 RULES I'm looking at a model of it right now on my shelf and it's great I just love it, but my favourite ENTERPRISE is the original Enterprise re-fit & the Enterprise A just BEAUTIFUL.

[image=http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/ObiWanCon/StarTrekEnterpriseWallpaper4.jpg]

[image=http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/ObiWanCon/1701_refit_1024x768.jpg]

[image=http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/ObiWanCon/entreprise-A.jpg]
  21. DewbackRider88 Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree, the A is one of the best designs (came out of the phase II planning, so it wasnt a complete waste lol)

The NX-01 dosnt look too bad, but it dosnt look right for the time period. It looks like a sligtly down-graded 'akira' class (my fav ship i might add)

It should of looked like a technologically inferior version of the NCC-1701 from the tv show. It looks too modern, and thats the problem with doing prequals in the star trek universe. They cant keep the continuity within one serise sometimes, let alone going back and remaking history.
  22. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    and thats the problem instead of looking like down-grade heavy Cruiser it looks like a
    down-graded 'akira' class.

which should never have been

I read something like that on a mag about Star trek not keeping up its time line
  23. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Trying to divert this thread back on topic, the latest rumbling is that Captain Pike might surface in the next movie for a cameo - which I think is a supercool idea, although, the casting might leave something to be desired.

This was on TrekToday.com
    A new rumor appeared online today claiming that Star Trek XI director J.J. Abrams is hoping to cast Tom Cruise as Captain Christopher Pike.

Similar rumors also appeared on the internet last Fall, when Cruise was mentioned for one of the film's main roles. A Cruise spokesman then denied the rumors, which already seemed unlikely due to the public feud between Cruise and Viacom chief Sumner Redstone. However, these new rumors only claim Abrams is looking at Cruise for a cameo role, which might be a favor the star would be willing to grant to his Mission: Impossible III director.

Christopher Pike was captain of the Enterprise in the unaired pilot for the original Star Trek series, "The Cage." Footage from that pilot, in which Pike was played by Jeffrey Hunter, was later used in the two-part episode "The Menagerie." In established Star Trek lore, Spock already served aboard the Enterprise under Captain Pike before Kirk took command of the ship, so there seem to be numerous ways in which Pike could be included in the story for the new film.

IGN stressed that at this point there only seems to be a proposal from Abrams, and that there's no indication as to whether Cruise will actually accept the role.

In addition to their Cruise rumor, IGN noted that Paramount is trying to land an "A-lister" to play the film's main villain, but the site didn't reveal the name of this actor.

Okay, I love the idea of having Pike being in the film - he could do a scene where he hands the keys over to Kirk when he takes command of the ship, but having Tom "I'm the Jesus Christ of Scientology" Cruise playing him...I'd reconsider that.

At least we still have Leonard Nimoy playing Spock one last time. =D=
  24. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_laugh]

He's been saying that ever since they started on Phazed II back in the 70's
    also remember spock death scene in TWoK ?

and......

I wonder what a Tom Cruise Kirk be like :p
  25. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.