main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Star Trib Editorial ***VERY COOL***

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by bterrik, May 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Hey, all ya out their, turn to page A38 in your Tuesday paper! (It'll be A section part 2) and look under the letters from readers part. Under the "Appologizing for the Fans" part, the first article is by "Geoff Zahn, Shorewood, former Twins pitcher!" but this is not right! The person they speak of is not a former pitcher, he's ME!!!! They presumed that only Geoff Zahn, the former pitcher would write an article on the Twins, but they were wrong! So would I and I think my name got it published!!!!

BTW, I sent them an e-mail correcting them.

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Wow, that's GREAT bterrik! :)

Here is the letter for y'all to read. :)

Apologizing for the fans

Although Chuck Knoblauch may have left the Twins on other than friendly terms, the actions of a few fans in the Metrodome last Wednesday night were an insult to the Twins, baseball and Minnesota as a whole. I believe I speak for the Twins and Minnesota when I say I would like to apologize to baseball fans everywhere.

In the past few years, with so few fans attending, Minnesotans may have forgotten how to conduct ourselves at a game like this. I am appalled and personally offended at the fans' actions. Many people who may wish to attend a Major League Baseball game may be turned away by such actions and this itself is a horrible prospect.

I commend manager Tom Kelly for his attempts at settling down the crowd and Knoblauch for keeping his cool and getting through the game. I ask Yankee fans not to fight fire with fire by throwing objects at our players when we come to Yankee stadium, as it was not the will of the players but rather a few fanatics who were out of hand.

-- Geoff Zahn, Shorewood; former Twins pitcher.

~*~Bria

3. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    Wow, I can't believe they printed something like that without verifying the source. I should write a letter saying I'm Brad Radke and ask Minnesota to help a little more with the new stadium issue. ;)

4. Bria

May 15, 1999
    ROTFLOL!!!! Good idea Jay!

~*~Bria

5. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hate to say this, but the Yankee fans won't listen. Is it the fault of the current Twinkie players - no. But they are gonna get it. So if you are gonna bash the Yank fans for their actions, you can start preparing your letter now. Mark my word.....it'll happen.

6. Bria

May 15, 1999
    bash the Yank fans? We haven't done that... ?[face_plain]

~*~Bria

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Get out the snow shovels and ice scrapers, Bria-we have some Yankees to bash.

8. Bria

May 15, 1999
    :( But I don't wanna bash Yankees.

~*~Bria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.