main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Star Walking Inc. & Skyforce - The True Story

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by lordvaderFF, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Greetings everyone and a Special "hello" to all the Skyforce & Star Walking virgins out there.

Firstly, The club is called Star Walking Inc. "The Star Wars Appreciation Society of Australia". It was established in 1988 and is now the largest club of its type in Australia and the longest running NON-Official Star Wars fan club in the world.

Star Walking Inc (or SWI) runs regular meetings in both Melbourne and Sydney called Skyforce. Skyforce is a chance for Star Wars fans of all ages, sizes and shapes, to get together and enjoy Star Wars on all levels.

Skyforce offers, Dealers tables, Video programs, discussion sessions, guest talks (not at every meeting), as well as Collectable Auctions, good food, and a good bunch of people to chat with.

At this Skyforce we will be taking booking for the midnight screenings of AOTC's as well as selling DVD copies of the Fandom Doco "The Phandom Menace" which was made around the release of Ep1. All this as well as a special screening of Broken Alligiance and much more.

For address details and everything else to do with Star Walking & Skyforce visit the SWI web site at http://www.starwalking.net

As for a convention with Anthony Daniels, we had that a little while ago, it was called Multiverse 4.....and Stakepole was out here for Force 3 in 1998. But never fear, there are always bigger and better events in the planning, if you become a Star Walking member today you'll be in the front seat for the latest news as it happens.

2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I really should make the effort to go to a meeting one day... I have always wanted to meet fellow fans.

3. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Come along and meet the fans...we're really a great bunch of people....well most of us anyway. :)

4. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hmmm... to go or not to go... that is the question...

5. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    When is the next meeting?

6. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    In like a half an hour...
    see...

7. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Stang!

When is the next meeting?! I just got an acknowledgement in the "New Essential Guide to Characters" and want to share my jubilation with fellow fans who can appreciate my joy... as my non-Star Wars friends just shrug their shoulders! :)

8. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Really? how did you manage that?

Quite an honour indeed.

9. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I know the author, Dan Wallace, through the e-mail discussion group SWFA (Star Wars Fanboy Association), and he has helped out with Timetales.

10. Emperor_Yun_Yammka

Emperor_Yun_Yammka Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    This Is PoT's RP sock, and he's such a lazy bludger he can't be bothered logging out and in again! :)

Bloody hell, missed it again! To busy at work, eh?

Oh well, its all good. And it's ALL IN BLOODY FUN!!!

I need a drink.

walks out again.

This Post was brought to you by 'Pointless Posts' Inc. - the brainchild of Mandalore Pty Ltd.!

11. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Hehe!

Chris / Lordvader - if you are interested - PM me, and I will give you my private contact numbers - work / home - I would love to devote my time, and become officially invovled somehow with Star Walking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.