main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson "Star War the Series" a new TV show

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mandalore69, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Mandalore69

Mandalore69 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    I know we all have heard about the impending TV series. I just would like to get some idea what you all whould like to see (i.e. stories, characters, timeline).

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    It's already been stated that no major character will be in the series or about a major character... so here are my general ideas...

Boba Fett from Ep. 3 era to ep. 5 (15 years old to 40 something sarlac food)
    Imperial officers (like Veers) career (rise through the empire)

Building of the 1st Deathstar (I want to see what took so long, all the problematic issues)

Building of the rebellion's military forces (Cadet Wedge anyone?)

General population in the universe, how the fall of the republic and the rise of the Empire changes travel, commerce, and culture.

The Geriatric home for the clones, the final days of the clones and the insert of the enlisted storm troopers. Or the changeover from the converted republic to the Empire told from a ?grunts? point of view.

OK, but what I REALLY want to see is The Empire and Vader hunting down and destroying the Jedi Knights.

3. Mandalore69

Mandalore69 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Honestly I would like to see something a little darker ... grittier. I was thinking more like a Star Wars drama. "Saving Private Ryan" with clone troopers. And I don't mean exactlt "Saving Private Ryan", no one is going deep into Kashyyyk looking for a lost clone trooper. My point is, a show about a small group of clone troopers, on their various missions. Their trails, their tribulation. And on the other hand, their victories, their jublilations. Have there be in fighting; dissension. Maybe even a couple of shows where they are cut off and have no means of communication. But whatever they do, make it as raw and gritty as any other war drama.

4. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    This would work also, and be very interesting.

5. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Thats all I wanted EPIII to be!

6. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Apparently, Vader and company didn't "destroy" enough Jedi...

...Losers:p [face_laugh]

7. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Seriously, the show could bounce all over the STAR WARS timeline. From the formation of the Jedi Order all the way to the problems the New Republic is facing. The show wouldn't have to focus on any particular time period.

Kinda like kids listening to their grandfathers telling them stories, "This is what it used to be like around here, a long time ago..."

8. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    I'd like to see some historical questions answered. Like who in fact were the celestials that gave the Hyper-Drive Technology to the people of Correscant. The great schizm in the Force that took place between the Light Side users that the Dark Side users. An occasional history lesson now and then like tMw was saying, with a story teller sharing with the young and impressionable listeners. That would ROCK!

9. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    I have a question that has me wondering though. Would this be a major television network project or would it be a specialized cable network project like, say the Sci-Fi channel? Any news on that topic?

Vangarian

10. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    It was said by Steve Sansweet that the show would take place between Rots and ANH

11. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    No mention as to who was going to carry it yet? (Network?)

12. TSNFETT

TSNFETT Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2006
    Wow! I guess I have missed this topic.

I suppose im old school, but I would like to see either.

Events leading up to ANH, or events just after ROTJ.

As well A CGI revolving around stormtroopers/Sand troopers along the lines of the "STARSHIP Troopers" series(CGI) Im not a Big clone trooper fan as they simply followed anyorders they were given, Stormtroopers on the otherhand were not alsways just (Drones) of the empire. Each Stormtrooper could have been a conscript, or enlisted.
    But I wold be happy to see any Sw series.

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    .....a video interview with Rob Coleman online. It's from the recent Imagina 2007 event. In the video they discuss Lucasfilm's upcoming 3D animated Star Wars series. In the video Coleman divulges a few interesting details. Click here to check out the video now!

Highlites:
    -Currently 15 episodes in various stages of production
    -One, almost two episodes fully completed
    -Coleman to direct 5 of first 26 episodes
    -"They're looking fabulous, they're looking great..."
    -"Our stuff is incredible compared to what's out there..."
    -Some licensees have viewed footage and the reaction was very positive
    -Final assembly of shows is done at Skywalker Ranch
    -Rob admits to collecting some trinkets along the way
    -Rob hopes to be able to attend Celebration IV

14. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    To be honest SW for GL is like cocaine for Tony Montana he can make a grip no matter what. He could do multiple shows. He probably won't cuz he wants to see how well this one does, but hey ST has a grip of shows so this SW on TV stuff could generate that.

I picture it as a show revolving around post ROTS.

My ideas are a jedi struggling to hide out so it's a suspenseful show. Maybe this running jedi could run into others ih his/her place. So it's jedi on the run pretty much.

A squad type show for the CT is cool but seems expected as a canidate of topics.

I would love a Jimmy Smits return to TV, if he is still off that is, where he deals with politics in the Empire and raises Leia. Hard to do I think.

The formation of the Rebellion would rock cuz you bring in Bail, Ackbar, Mothma, etc.

I like the DS idea but don't think it will happen.

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I think we'll find out more information about the TV show at C4

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Let us hope the series is as successful as the movies. That can only help bring in more fans to our cause.

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Just a few points:

1. 1st TV show was the Holliday special (bad)
    2. 2nd was Clone Wars (very good)

TV is much more accessible to the masses, with it brings new characters and fans, I think Jack is correct... it can only help our cause. Even if it's bad (can't be any worse then the holliday special) it will still keep Star Wars in the public eye.

18. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

It could be worse, though I am hardpressed to imagine how it could be.

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I really can't see how iti can get any worse than that. Half hour a week of the "yub-Yub" song with gungan backup singers?

20. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    [face_shame_on_you] [face_shhh] [face_not_talking]

21. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Here's what I know so far regarding the TV shows:

The "Clone Wars" cartoon that is now a 3D computer image instead of normal animation, is coming out in 2008.

The Live Action TV series is coming out in 2009. This was confirmed by Lucas(whatever branch belongs here(arts, film, etc.))

22. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Somebody's gotta say it.

DARTH MAUL

Yeah, I know, the timeline is supposed to be between ROTS and ANH, but who wouldn't like to see the rise and apprenticeship of a character that was killed off in the Prequels far too soon.

23. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Who says hes dead? He lives in EU...........

24. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    To all Hyperspace mebers:

DO NOT read the new article on the TV show. It is just some retard that decided to write about how dumb G.L. is, and how his new shows are destined to fail. I have NO CLUE why this got put on Hyperspace, but I am PISSED about it. Anyways move along, citizens.

25. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

Hell, EVERYBODY still lives in EU!:rolleyes: