main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Star Wars 1-6 Marathon- September 07 !!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Aug 12, 2007.

?

Star Wars 1-6 Marathon- September 07 !!

Poll closed Aug 26, 2007.
  1. Saturday 8th September 12pm- whenever

7.1%
  2. Sunday 9th September 8am-11pm ( we would have to just keep the movies rolling)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Saturday 15th September 12pm-whenever

78.6%
  4. Sunday 16th September ( YES Sunday would have to be early!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Saturday 22nd September

7.1%
  6. Sunday 23rd September

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Saturday 29th September

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sunday 30th September

7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    So Star Wars marathon idea returns.......

Just doing a poll to see who'd be interested in September and when.

And I'm only doing it because I've not done a poll before and I got all excited.
    My ideas in no way reflect the ideas of the many so completely ignore it and do it this Ekka Wednesday if so wished :)

2. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I'm going with the 15th for selfish reasons as Goobs would be off work that weekend.

3. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I voted for 15th, but I'm pretty sure that most of my Saturdays are free in September. :)

I definitely advocate for a late start on a Saturday than an early Sunday start though.

4. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm going with the 15th for selfish reasons as Goobs would be off work that weekend.

I'm going with the 15th for selfish reasons as I will be off work that weekend. :p

September 15 r0Xors. I am so there. Bring it on.

5. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm not liking my chances of being able to come to this. Way too many assignments and the like.

I will get back to you.

6. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Its a heavy time for uni work for me too, I will try my best to have everything out of the way before then

7. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001

Well that's me out:_|

8. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Awwww. For those who don't get to this event, we should make that whole week our 30th anniversary celebration week, and the double trilogy ( because I've forgotten the 6 movie term) should be enjoyed by all wherever they are. In spare time, between assignments, as background noise whilst sleeping. It's not where we are to see it, it's who we are as a group of friends, and we're all together when we watch, whether thre's someone watching with us or not....

? maybe. Sounded alright in my head

9. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Hexalogy might be the word you are after... Not 100% sure though...

10. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    i'm voting with the majority. MAJORITY ROOLZ!

Ill be there like spam

11. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It's times like this I regret having an early morning Saturday shift. That's not to say work takes priority over the likes of this. Whether I take the next day off, show up as a sleep-deprived zombie, or just skip Return of the Jedi, I'll be there.

12. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well they're all valid options, certainly.

13. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    SW > RL

Enough said :)

14. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Well I guess we all know it's going to be the 15th, but it's time we finalised it.

Saturday 15th September. 12 pm..somewhere! My copies of the HEXALOGY are a little worn to be honest. Does anyone else have a copy? [face_peace]

Onto planning. Shall be a day long remembered.

First point of agenda. We all need to buy/bring some comfy seating. (For further events too) Camp chair, bean bag, other person. Sitting on the floor for 12 hours ain't all it's cracked up to be. Anyone purchasing aforementioned product who comes across anything really cheap..let us know :)

15. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, I have at least two different copies of the OT dvds... and one copy of each of the NT dvds.

Something tells me that we're not going to be short of copies of Star Wars in this group :p

Somewhere I believe, is my place - the Projector is there and the residents have been warned. Bringing extra seating/cushions/etc probably a good idea - I might see if we can drag out some of the other 1 seater couches out to the lounge room, but I don't know how much room there is.

Food to be organised? I've got popcorn, and I'm willing to throw together a potato bake or two. Probably aquire more snacky foods nearer to the day. *nods*

16. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I can bring Tosche Station's infamous beanbag of doom. That's large enough to seat roughly 12 people. They'll never be able to escape, but at least they'll die watching some good movies.

17. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Ha. Made me snort.

Me I'm searching for one of those beach chairs..those low to the ground ones. Although with my back I'll probably end up lying on the floor. Might just bring my sleeping bag.

*Giggles again at the Bean bag of Doom*

18. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Okay, I've gone over my planner and it looks as if I should be able to make it. I'll bring along my bean bag (as long as I remember to wash it and pack some new bubble things in to it)

Edit - But the question is, are we going to watch the original originals, or the DVD special edition?

19. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Matt's working on Sat to 5:30pm, how many movies do you think we'll have gotten through by then?

I was also asked to attend a workshop for placement which goes from 9-4. I have to admit that I was mostly interested in this for the prequels, as I've not seen any of them since I saw each of them at the cinemas. Most likley by the time we got there (6:30 at the earliest, you guys will be up to the Classics.

Whilst I do love the classics, I've seen them an awful lot.

So we might be giving this a miss. Sorry guys!

Have fun...

20. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Honestly? I vote special edition. I love the old versions because nostalgia tells me to, but the new ones are actually much nicer to watch.

edit: Yay for sammich coming - and boo at LC not coming! *shakes fist* Well, if we start at 12 (or probably later, knowing us) we'd probably only get through the first, and maybe a bit of the second.

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    My vote is for the Special Editions as well. The audio and picture quality of those versions far outstrips the crappy DVDs of the originals. We can just screw up our eyes, put our fingers in our ears and shout LA LA LA for the last 2 seconds of the Greedo scene, that should make everyone happy.

22. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I think the Anakin ghost scene would have been better with the addition of Jar Jar, a-la Robot Chicken's Jar Jar ghost.

23. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    We'd probably not make it til 6:30ish. So you'd at least have seen the first two. Which are in fact the two I remember the least, having not seen them since they were in the cinemas oh so many years ago.

I think Matt's getting those special high definition ones. We'll just have to have our own little marathon.

24. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Is there any possibility at all of starting this later? I know it's a majority decision, and I don't want to mess with that, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw it out there!

Matt is absolutely devastated that he can't make it to this (especially as he did help rekindle the idea of this whole marathon thing). I know it's a lot to ask, but Matt and I can be there by 6:30, so is it at all possible to postpone the starting time? I figure we're planning on going through Sunday as well anyway, so a later starting time can't hurt? Even if we do decide to sleep a bit, I reckon we'd still make it through the prequels, and can run the classics on Sunday? Especially if we run them all back to back :p (with short bathroom breaks in between).

I just want you guys to know how important it is to us both to make it to this, so if it's possible, we'd really appreciate it!

Anywho, we'll respect the majority decision on this, so it's up to you guys!

Oh and another thing, is the Clone Wars included in the marathon?

25. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm a Clone Waes fan, but I think it won't be included in the Marathon.
    I suppose I am ok with a midday or 6pm start. Might be nodding off at 4am though...although Morgan is a caffiene conniseur so it might be ok...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.