main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Star Wars 1-6 Marathon- September 07 !!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Aug 12, 2007.

?

Star Wars 1-6 Marathon- September 07 !!

Poll closed Aug 26, 2007.
  1. Saturday 8th September 12pm- whenever

7.1%
  2. Sunday 9th September 8am-11pm ( we would have to just keep the movies rolling)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Saturday 15th September 12pm-whenever

78.6%
  4. Sunday 16th September ( YES Sunday would have to be early!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Saturday 22nd September

7.1%
  6. Sunday 23rd September

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Saturday 29th September

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sunday 30th September

7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't particularly feel like adding Clone Wars to the mix, since I feel like it breaks the flow somewhat, but if the majority want to watch it, then I don't mind.

As for starting at 6:30... I dunno. That would turn the marathon into a definite all-nighter, rather than just a really really late night. Which I'm not opposed to, I'm just acutely aware these days that I'm not as good at pulling all-nighters as I used to be. Then again, it's been ages since I pulled one, so heck, maybe that's half the fun, right?

Basically, I think a midday start on Saturday makes a lot more sense, but like with the Clone Wars, I can hack the change if others are up for it too. We certainly do want as many people to be present as possible for it.

2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I think with doing all six movies adding in clone wars might be pushing it a bit...

I don't mind a change to later - So long as I have the recovery time the next day of course.

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I'd rather do the times we've already said honestly. I was also going to have to miss some of it starting at the midday time but I know I'll be asleep by 2amish regardless of what's on the tv.

But hey if we start later, I'll be there for the whole thing instead of missing the beginning and you can throw things at my head as I snore through Empire. Still it means basically giving up a Sunday for recovery too.

Do want as many people there as possible of course. Keep discussing.

4. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Just to add to the discussion but not actually validly contribute, starting later is fine for me :p

Whenever the masses want to begin, I'll be there. But please let me know; as always I've got other things swirling around that weekend that I could and in some case should do as well.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

5. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm really no keen on starting late. Being up till 6am will completely throw my body clock out and I kinda have to work Monday. If you do decide to start late, I might only come for 1-3.

6. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    That's an understandable concern Loz.

Alright kids, what's the general concensus? I'm happy to do whatever, but I'd like to know we're all decided on early or late. :p

7. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm leaning towards a midday start myself.
    Hope LC and DA can make it for some of the fun.

8. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Midday is far more sensible. It sucks that some might not be able to make it, but them's the breaks. When you're doing a marathon that's going to take at LEAST 14 hours when you factor in breaks in between films, starting at 6:30 just plain doesn't work. I'll go with the majority decision and don't have any sort of personal objection to starting later than midday, but a lunchtime start is much more realistic, since we'll only go into the wee hours of the morning, as opposed to 9am on Sunday. What's the point of a full marathon if everyone falls asleep halfway through Empire? So if I had to vote, that'd be it.

9. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Makes sense.

Well, if that's the concensus, I'm happy with that. This body doesn't cope well with "hey look, the sun's rising" marathons, so I'm not going to argue the point too much. :p

10. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    It would be alot more convienent for me if it started at Midday for me. I wasn't planning on staying much past 10, so if it were to start at 6.30, i'd only get a movie and a half in.

11. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    I might have to pass on this sorry guys :( I've done "the math" and I realised that I'm gonna have to use every day to study for the next 4 or so weeks [face_skull] [face_skull] I will be there in spirit, like Obi-Wan

12. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Sorry you have to miss it Marv,will be missed, just make sure you do study everyday okay!!!!!

It is Morgans house we're using isn't it? so maybe she should have final say. Although that's a fair amount of pressure on one so sweet. Lets tally the votes so far and everyone else keep adding until the weekend this week. We're never going to get all of us to something to be honest.

For early start:
    Kahlan
    MS
    Lozza
    Goobs

Later start:
    DA
    LC
    Magnus

Either way: ( giggles )
    BBN
    Morgan

Fee free to change the affiliation. :)

13. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    For my own selfish reasons, I'd rather an early start. It's unlikely I'll be able to stay past midnight.

Put it this way: would you rather miss Return of the Jedi or The Phantom Menace?

Best of luck, Marv. If you disconnect the internet when you don't need it, you should find procrastination much harder and study much less time consuming.

14. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    K, change my vote to 'early'. I'm okay with it starting later, but if I had to choose, it would be earlier.

15. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    LOL I am kidding myself. I'm not gonna study EVERY day!!

I'll b there!!!!!

And I'm in favour of early start, since im not getting younger and dont deal with long nights :D but it's up to Morgan IMO. Being host gives one certain priveleges :)

16. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Well, like I said, I can do either - but the general concensus seems to go with early and I definitely will not complain about that.

And Marv, do you need my address then?

I'll go restock my coffee supply then. [face_whistling]

17. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Perhaps people ought to bring their own caffeine, in the interests of fairness?

18. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    My thoughts too BBN. Kahlan and I were considering knocking up some grub for the event, anyone else giving it thought? Maybe you have to bring something for snacks or meals, and find some way to link it to Star Wars. And "Pizza the Hutt" is an option. [face_mischief]

19. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Well I will have coffee on hand (even if only for me :p), and I'll probably throw together a potato bake...

I like Pizza - so easy and tasty... [face_thinking] Goes well with Guinness and gaming.

That's a good idea Goobs, SW themed food. Heh.

20. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Pizza the Hutt works for me. Fits well with the whole 'sitting around drinking and talking loudly over our favourite movies' thing, too.

21. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Okay, I've got to say it:

Pizza the Hutt?!?! :p

Pizza I can do. Guinness I can do. I'll even bring some coffee and my Dalek-esque industrial sized plunger. Maybe some pretzels too...

Also fortunately, the birthday I had looming over that weekend has locked in its celebrations for Friday 14, so I'm clear to attend this in its entirety.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

22. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Hmm, I'd contemplate providing my expresso machine, it's nice and small and easily transportable, and makes excellent coffee. Only thing is that only certain sized coffee mugs fit under it...

23. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Hmm, Magnus Can you Star Warsify the Dalek Plunger at all? That should cover you in the Star Wars foody related items segment.

"Windu's Javapod?" That could do...

24. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    "Windu's Javapod?" That could do...

Sounds dirty :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

25. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Dalek-esque can fairly easily become R2-unit-esque, don't forget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.