Lit Star Wars #1: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part 1 (of 6, not 3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Oct 19, 2012.

1. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    I have seen similar uniforms elsewhere though. I thought they were just kind of a generic Republic look.

Heck, if you think about it, the rebel troopers look pretty similar to Imperial Navy Troopers. Even as a kid I was sure they had similar origins.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Well, we see those uniforms (and those helmets) in KOTOR and TOR certainly but those came later, OOU. It certainly muddles things though.

Hm, I hadn't thought about the similarity in hats with the Imperial Fleet troopers though.... good point.
  3. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    They do, both are formed from the Planetary Security Forces the worlds of the Republic kept before the Clone Wars and even have parts of the personal from those, along with equipment.
  4. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Exactly. The EGTW pointed out that the uniforms of the PSF's became more standardized over time, with worlds copying the common looks used in the Core. Of course, the PSF's were originally inspired by the Republic Navy's habits and look.

So basically, that is why Imperial Navy Troopers, Rebel Troopers, and KOTOR-era Republic troopers all use that same helmet design. Tradition!

--Adm. Nick
    GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  5. Dawud786 Force Ghost

star 4
    This is just for Nick, but everyone is going to appreciate this. In fact, everyone is going to appreciate the entire series. Watch it.

AdmiralNick22 and krtmd like this.
  6. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    So, my copy of Saga Volume 1 just arrived from amazon. I'm sold from the cover - breastfeeding! In a comic!

I'm all a twitter...
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  7. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    If the cover doesn't sell you, the first page will.
    krtmd likes this.
  8. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  9. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    That was freaking hilarious! [face_laugh]

--Adm. Nick
  10. Dawud786 Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought you'd like that. That whole episode is full of win.
  11. LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Master

star 3
    Just got finished reading this.... Enjoyed it a lot, I said it before but this series is in good hands with Brian Wood, his last stint on an X-Men title was great. The art was also great..

Rebels looking for a new home, Leia coming off as a badass, and the Emperor undermining Vader, makes me wanna come back for issue #2... I have a good feeling about this title on Woods hands.
  12. LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Master

star 3
    Just got finished reading this.... Enjoyed it a lot, I said it before but this series is in good hands with Brian Wood, his last stint on an X-Men title was great. The art was also great..

Rebels looking for a new home, Leia coming off as a badass, and the Emperor undermining Vader, makes me wanna come back for issue #2... I have a good feeling about this title in Woods hands.
    Last edited by LandoThe CapeCalrissian, Jan 21, 2013
  13. SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    This really reminded me of the new BSG. The setting & scouting mission gave off that sort of vibe and Luke and Leia chatting reminded me of Apollo & Starbuck. I don't consider it as a negative though. It's a little bit tough to get into these 'early years' again but I'm sure I'll be hooked after I've read more. I'm liking Leia a lot in this. The Vader design was also nice, very McQuarriesqe I thought.

I wonder why the issue sold like crazy though. Because it was simply Star Wars #1?
    Last edited by SomethinSomethinDarkSide, Jan 21, 2013
  14. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    #1's typically sell better. Brian Wood is pretty popular comic writer, so his involvement likely drew the interest of people who don't usually read tie-in fiction.
  15. Skuldren Jedi Grand Master

16. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Not fond of that variant, tbh. Han looks kinda... odd, and Leia seems too thin.
    kataja likes this.
  17. SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Something's seriously wrong with Leia's face haha. What's wrong with your face?