main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars #13: Five Days of Sith, part 1 ( of 2)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Dr. Steve Brule

Pictures of warships (especially ones that previously lacked any images or had only one) are always welcome, but you still need a decent plot to back it up. Take Crimson Empire III, for example. I didn't enjoy the plot at all and the story ended up being a dud for me, even though it showed a rare picture of a Dauntless-class heavy cruiser and a cool shot or two of a large group of Liberty-type Star Cruisers. [face_dunno]

--Adm. Nick

darthscott3457 and Iron_lord like this.
  2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Nice to see the old school Assassin class corvette show up, but disappointing that it is drawn near identical to the CR-90 and not the modified corvette design from TIE fighter on.

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You're assuming this series runs on logic.

Gorefiend likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    A fool, is I.

5. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

I really hope that character that saved Han on Imperial Center is going to do something before the end of the series because otherwise it really calls into questions what the heck that whole storyline was about.

Unless DH is just treading water until the end since they have known for some time the end is coming...but you'd still think someone could come up with a story that makes sense and is just self contained.

Maybe Han will turn to her and make Leia jealous? Which won't really make sense either, but...yeah.

I'm hoping that there's some massive twist coming but I'm losing hope.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I suspect "supplying/arming the alliance" was the payoff. It just would have been more obvious if they had condensed it.

7. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I was expecting them to use the new characters instead of focusing on the big three so we have Luke's new friend as the potential Jedi hopeful, Han's new friend in charge of her own ship giving the new group a base to operate from and a reason for their mission.

Mon Mothma's nephew turns out to be their nemesis using some means to track Leia specifically they end up finding a way to lure him away from the Fleet and Leia but become the focus of his mission since that would allow Leia to go off panel and arrange a new base for the Rebel Alliance as per the next arc.

What they did was... simply a waste maybe they learned about Marvel taking over and this is a very ham fisted way of resolving the character arcs before it was too late unfortunately it was a mistake.

Could have had Vader learning the Rebels had access in the Imperial Archive and have him handle that personally as Birchner is moved to another ship so they can find out who on his ship let the rebels escape from the first arc... this issue was fine but it doesn't help the mess of the first arc which should have been so much better.

At least the new star wars legacy series with Ania Solo seems to have avoided that pitfall so far!

Issue wise it was fine I am assuming the pro-imperial was COMPNOR which would have been a fine introduction to that organisation.

8. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    On the plus side, our expectations for coherent plots and good characterizations are being lowered by the Star Woods series (the art is good though), so that when Marvel does take over, things can only go up, making the transition easier.

9. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    What is Star Woods?

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Star Wood is our nickname for this series, as it's written by Brian Wood- to distinguish it from the previous series' titled "Star Wars" (the Marvel series and what would eventually be retitled Republic/Dark Times) as well as Star Wars in general.

11. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    ^thanks. That's what I figured just wanted to make sure.

12. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I wanted to like this bit at the end, but it seems so... hammy. Especially that last phrase. What's going on with the writing?

And this could have been so good, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.