main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars 1313

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 3, 2012.

1. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
  2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
  3. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    ^:)^

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    No really! (unless it was just a false rumor)

5. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Really hope it will be released in some form now.

6. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Yeah, a lot of stories have come out recently pointing to the fact that 1313 was going to involve Boba Fett in a very big way. By extension, this probably means that we would have seen the Fett play a role in the now permanently-on-hold-but-not-canceled live action series.

7. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Another possibly good Star Wars game that won't ever see the light of day, a shame.

8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I always thought the main character would be Dash Rendar for some reason.
    Since the main character of 1313 is/was Boba Fett, it is a sort of sequel to Bounty Hunder (I guess).
    However, I do not get why the character shown in the trailer is not Fett. It clearly was a human being, but Fett? No...

9. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    The game has undergone several core changes in regards to its focus and storyline, and that includes who the main character was going to be at any one time. Boba Fett seems to have been the most recent character in mind to fill this role, but the trailer that we saw back at E3 was, likely, produced prior to the Fett being brought in as the main protagonist and player character.

General Immodet likes this.
  10. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    As long as it's not Han Solo, I'd be happy. Fett is kinda meh, but I agree with above as to why a human being that doesn't exactly look like him is in the original trailer (though they could just release a new trailer). I still don't understand, for the life of me, why they can't just make a game that is based on a new character with no connection to any OT or PT characters, just another bounty hunter running around in the galaxy. Half the reason that continuity issues arise is that people insist on making new material for characters that already have history and it winds up being a bit of a mess (or making new characters designed to be another galaxy saving hero - TFU, looking at you).

11. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    lol yep, KOTOR is always the best!

TheRevanchist likes this.
  12. RayKail

RayKail Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2013
  13. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Yea they said the main guy was just a placeholder, and that they had a "suprise" to us about the main character. As soon as i heard that, i knew it was Boba, the latest rumors/news confirmed that :D

14. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    too bad this one got canned, specially so far into it

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  15. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    I think that with the 'good' news of Star Wars game rights now given to EA, that this game will be developed. A game that looks even half decent and has Bobba Fett on it -while considering that there have been a lot of time since we had the last SW game - will sell a lot. And EA likes to sell a lot.

Saying that, even if it will be developed, I don't think that it will be a good game, will most likely have first day DLC and surely will have multiplayer option, which means that single player option will suffer a lot from it.

16. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    What I hope happens is that Disney pass on the development to EA who give it to DICE or BioWare. Both of those would do a great job.

I don't have a problem with day one DLC. There's such a long gap between the game being finished and the game being released that it seems silly not to work on new content for it. I'd rather not have a multiplayer aspect but it won't affect the single player if there are enough people working on it or a separate studio doing the multiplayer. I don't think Mass Effect 3 or Tomb Raider suffered because of the multiplayer option and I don't think either would have been better without it.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Problem with ME3 though was that some of the DLC was significant to the plot and really should have been included in the main released game. Add-ons should just be additional fun side-missions or weapon & skin packs etc not major story parts so the game you play at first is lacking.

18. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    BW said that, but are you sure that this is really the case. Javik stuff was essential in the game, I am pretty convinced that it was cut from the game. In the Asari world he does almost all the talking.

DLC are good as long as they continue the story (Awakening and Witch Hunt in Dragon Age: Origin, or Leliana Song that gives a backstory about a character in the same game). But cutting important stuff like in ME3, simply no.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Look at the Restored Content Mod someone did for KOTOR II, that made the game so much better and fully realised than the incomplete convoluted mess that was released in stores.

Imagine EA made KOTOR III and released something like the RCM as a pay-for DLC 6 months later, why would I pay for what is half a game and have to wait around for them to release the stuff they should have included in the first place?

20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I was speaking generally there. All I know about ME3 was that a lot was changed because of the leak. 'From Ashes' was a way to get the character into the game after he was cut and the arc he would have been introduced in was changed. I agree with SithLordDarthRichie on this though. While I'm fine with DLC being worked on between the game being finished and the release, I don't think that it should be vital to the plot.

21. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    Does anyone here know of a petition to push EA to revisit 1313?

22. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I don't think so. I think some people are thinking Visceral games might be incorporating the assets from 1313 into their game. I would keep an eye on them because they are such a "wild card" for developing Star Wars games.

23. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    Sooooo it's going to be 1313 or a different game with the same engine?

24. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    That is good question.

25. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    what happened was Disney Tried shopping 1313 around to other developers before the EA deal but not a single developer wanted it. The reason being the game was a HUGE mess. Looking at Lucas arts past few games this isnt' hard to believe.