main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars #19: A Shattered Hope, part 1 (of 2)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I was just messing with Havac. ;)

2. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Is it really needed for every single bounty hunter they encounter to be one from that Executor scene in Empire Strikes Back? Do those guys have a permanent contract with Vader or something?

_Catherine_ likes this.
  3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Not really, but the Empire in general just pays insanely well for Rebels.

4. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    No doubting that, it's just that it makes it seem like those guys are the only bounty hunters in the Galaxy - ever.

LelalMekha and Gorefiend like this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, no one has told you about the severance clause in that contract! It's quite, quite....final.

6. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Just ask Sev'rance Tann

Havoc123 likes this.
  7. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Plus Aurra Sing!

8. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    I forget who was worried about Brian Wood taking over STAR WARS at Marvel but considering he's on Moon Knight there and he's said he doesn't want to do any "big" books anymore, and now he's announced a book at Dark Horse that's going to be an American Civil War story (DMZ set in the American Civil War...which I guess is just The First Civil War to DMZ's Second Civil War), then there's probably not a big chance of him taking on SW.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [​IMG]

AdmiralWesJanson and BoromirsFan like this.
  10. Qui-Gon3590

Qui-Gon3590 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    Is it possible that the "promise made to a Solo once" from Legacy will be tied in with the IG-88 sighting with Rebels? A little crossover for DH on their way out the door

Zorrixor and DelRiego like this.
  11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, this issue was a big improvement over almost the entire series- except for IG-88's mind blowingly awful dialogue and characterization. What. the. Hell.

It's likely taking it's cue from TPM's "connection trace" which led Maul to Tatooine despite no reply being sent to Naboo.

I don't think any Odyssey allusion is intended here- I think you're reading into the name too much. "Seren" doesn't seem to have an obvious pronunciation to "siren". Sounds more like a Star Warsification of "Sarah". If she was a Sith Lord, you'd be thinking sarin gas based on the pronounciation.

12. Protectorate

Protectorate Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2013

I did mention that I hope I'm wrong, especially since we're so near to the end. But I think the allusion is very hard to ignore. I'm not sure the pronunciation is really an argument against it--it's one letter away. Additionally, the story involves a call to the heroes that when they follow it, puts them in certain danger.

13. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I don't really feel that much of a link between "seren" and "siren" phonetically either... though I admit, if Wood was being crafty, he could be using a European pronunciation with the "e" much nearer an English "i" sound.

But I very much doubt it'd be something that creative. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.