main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars #21-25: The Last Flight of the Harbinger

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Apr 18, 2016.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm sure one of the troopers will be revealed to be a clone

2. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Cover for Part 4: [face_whistling]

[​IMG]

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Couldn't spoiler tag the cover? jeez

4. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
    I didn't think we spoiler tagged covers. [face_dunno]

5. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Que surprise Luke is getting beaten up by someone like we haven't seen that a dozen times in this series

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    And now you know. Rukh?

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Have you seen the OT?

8. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Over in the JCC AMPH threads, when discussing a series i.e. GOT, spoilers for future episodes must be tagged as such. It was my understanding that the same would apply to a comic book series. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That's correct. I've edited in the spoiler tags for the cover art in that post. Hopefully people will adjust.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  10. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    As if covers for star wars comic books resemble ANY THING inside

Revanfan1 and LelalMekha like this.
  11. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

Noted. [face_blush]

12. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Ding Ding Round 2.

13. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Is this set before Empire Strikes Back?:confused:

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked this issue.

Kreel has a sympathetic background and I read through it thinking "If I were him, I'd support the Empire too."

I felt the same way about Sloane after reading Life Debt but Kreel seems angrier and more vehement, and almost terrified of the Alliance taking over, calling them terrorists, whereas Sloane just thought they were wrong.

And yes, it is nice to see competent stormtroopers.

16. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    It's the Empire. They believe in masculinity.

17. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    That's part of Legends now. In the new canon, there are female Imperial Stormtroopers.

La Calavera likes this.
  18. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    *Ahem.* There are some rather Legendary women who'd like a word with you.

[​IMG]

19. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I've always wondered if the story group would confirm that there are female stormtroopers in the OT now. Eg: That infamous trooper who banged his head......oh she's a female, one of the pilots Vader takes with him to stop the trench run-female. The one to the right of the one that says "stop that ship blast him!- female :p

20. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005

Thara Nyende is one OT Era female stormtrooper in the new Canon. She appears in Battlefront: Twilight Company.

21. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I agree, though its a shame that the only competent troopers always seem to belong to a small number of "elite units" like the one in this story arc, the 501st, presumably the Deathtroopers in Rogue One if rumors are to be believed. Hell, even the "programmed from birth" FO Stormtroopers couldn't hit a standing target (Rey outside Maz's Castle).

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  22. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I think Kylo Ren mentioned wanting to capture that droid and was personally getting involved they probably thought, why shoot her when they can just point Kylo towards her and get out of his way!

23. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Star Wars #22 - Book V, Part II review

Sergeant Kreel or as the opening crawl has revealed his first name is Sargent? So anyway, no Sergeant Sargent Kreel in this issue. This story centers on the big three, Wedge, R2, Sana, and Chewie. There is an awesome space battle where the rebels successfully capture a star destroyer ... wait for it ... called the Harbinger.

The Falcon blows a hole open in the Harbinger, resulting in Wedge and Luke creating a reaction that will cause the main reactor to explode in a few minutes. This results in the Imperials abandoning ship and the rebels capture the Harbinger with the intent of reversing the imminent explosion of the main reactor. Unfortunately, it does blow up, making everyone think it was destroyed. Thankfully the main reactor was jettison into space at the last second, leaving the Harbinger running on the secondary reactor with no working Hyperdrive.

Favorite part - Luke flying into the reactor. The art looked really good there. The rest of the art was good, but a little off model on some parts specifically the big three looked a little cartoony.

Otherwise, I felt some of the dialogue was a little out of character. Han calling Luke - Luke - instead of kid. Luke not calling Han - Han - but referring to him as Falcon. Leia calling Luke Red 5 instead of Luke. Stuff like that. I couldn't really hear their voices if that makes any sense so it didn't feel true to the characters to me.

24. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    @#22
    They actually stole a Star Destroyer from an arrogant, one eyed Imperial Admiral with an eye patch
    …. come on [face_sigh]

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I like the overall issue, though the tech details throw me off.

Because, although I could be wrong if they changed things for the NU (or if I'm simply misremembering tech details as it has been awhile since I've looked at a cross-sections book), but that back spinal column is not near the main reactor (which should be the bulge along the bottom of the ship, IIRC). The only thing that I think we've seen about that area is that it's near the garbage dumping chute...

Unless the distinction here is that the "main engine reactor" is different from the overall "main reactor" of the ship?

Other than that confusion, and the yet-to-be-answered importance of the shuttles, it's a solid setup for the rest of the arc.

I wonder what the target will be? It seems we're getting a sort of reverse-Operation Ram's Head here.