main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars #21-25: The Last Flight of the Harbinger

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Apr 18, 2016.

1. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I have disliked Leia more and more in the new canon. She was awful this issue. I love the comic, I love the story, I love the other characters, but Leia is just so awful now. They can make a strong female lead without making them cold, heartless jerks. That is how I see her now, anyway. :/

2. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Leia was sometimes a cold jerk in ANH and ESB. This is not me bashing her character, it’s why I loved her.
    But she was especially like that when she was under stress. And in this issue she was clearly under an incredible pressure. I didn’t find anything wrong with her characterization. Han as well. At least they were not trying to kill each other here!

I enjoyed this issue a lot. Luke was great, Sana is growing on me. I was mostly looking for the scar squad action and it did not disappoint me; Kreel is still awesome. I can’t believe they are already bringing back Vader again. As much as it pleases me to see my Lord grace the pages of this comic with his almighty presence, I hope Aaron doesn’t make a habit out of it. I don’t want too many “they miraculously escape Vader again!” stories.

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I can't wait for this arc to end. It feels to much otish and long. Looking forward to the Yoda 4-parter and those powerful beings that he encounters.

CnlSandersdeKFC likes this.
  4. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Lettered preview for Star Wars #25.
    http://www.cbr.com/star-wars-25/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with every new preview, I'm more convinced that it's Sana who will be captured.

Revanfan1 and spicer like this.
  5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    "Lady, I think I love you." This guy is SW's version of Deadpool, isn't he? [face_laugh]

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Just read the last issue, overall I was very pleased with this arc. It really had that Star Wars feel.
    Darth Vader was cool, but his role was fairly minor. SCAR squadron wasn't that successful, but still looked badass at least. I'm glad they at least got C3P0, though I was sure they were gonna take Sana. I was shocked when Kreel cut off his own arm, that's pretty intense for Star Wars. I expect him and the rest of SCAR squad are gonna want revenge, so I hope we see them again!

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  7. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    I actually enjoyed this issue. Pleasantly surprised that the last issue in the arc was the only good one! Now let's bring on Yoda, and hopefully a new artist.

spicer and SilentGuy66 like this.
  8. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I was excited about SCAR Squadron being in this arc, but I found it pretty weak. Leia and Han holding off the troops on the bridge by firing from an exposed position seemed unrealistic, as did their seemingly comfortable space walk.

Kanan's brief moment in the vacuum in a recent episode of Rebels showed how dangerous those conditions are, even though he didn't have a breathing mask.

9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I'm so glad this arc is finally over. Bring on #26!

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    No one would have believed, 6 months ago, that by the end of Star Wars #25, many fans were looking forward to #26, with Larocca on art.

11. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Larocca is the artist on the Yoda arc?!? Sigh...I'll reserve judgement until I read the issue. Or at least the preview when it comes to the art.

12. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I just want Immonen back ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ifleninwasawizard, Taalcon and spicer like this.
  13. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  14. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Marvel are just teasing us! That's a great cover though.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    He has been acquired by Darth Millar.

BigAl6ft6 and SensationalSean like this.
  16. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Star Wars #25 really delivered and was epic.

17. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I realized that we'll have to wait until after the Yoda arc to see what happens to
    C-3PO.

18. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

They could have a side story during the Yoda arc that shows that, like what they did with the Kanan comics.

19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Same. It was decent but I'm ready for something else now.

spicer likes this.
  20. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001

Leia mellows considerably by RotJ. In ANH, she's as feisty as they come.

21. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

Well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's an interesting turn.

masterskywalker likes this.
  22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    R2 saving the day again, that's my guy and I didn't expect THAT characters to be captured, that's new. I hope they do something good about it. We'll probably see Scar squadron in the near future, I like them and of course I loved Vader in this issue, he seemed anxious that Kreel would injure Luke, he does care and his expression when Luke went into hyperspace was priceless. Since a few issues, Sana is become a much better character after the whole "Sana Solo" debacle, especially with her and Luke's relationship. This issue also made a great effort to remind us the potential Luke has even if I think he was definitively using his anger when he did that. Good arc but I'm glad to finally explore pre-TPM era before the Maul miniseries.

23. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I cannot wait to see how
    Vader reacts to seeing Threepio again. I loved the old EU story that dealt with that. This is gonna be great cause now they get more time to deal with it.

24. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    So is Vader gonna have that moment when he's like, "I built that guy, crazy right?"

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Cool ending issue because it had some self-inflicted lightsaber dismemberment by the leader of Scar Squadron and things went satisfyingly boom in the end, nifty final page twist also. I will say, the art while I really dug it in the first issue, gets a little wonky when drawing "real people" but the troopers and tech still looked pretty great, and this arc was full of that. Maybe it could have been a few issues shorter but I did like the whole "get the team on a mission for something unfolding in real time". And, yay, Artoo saving the day is always a plus.