main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars #21-25: The Last Flight of the Harbinger

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Apr 18, 2016.

1. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I think Empress ended last month. Hopefully Immonen will head back to SW soon.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Empress is a trilogy.

Though, Immonen's damn fast and extremely good, it's a certainty he'll do something else before Book 2, no idea if it'll be SW.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Catching on the rest of this arc just now- this one was ok. I liked Scar Squadron but they kinda got "bad guy stupid" at the right times to be taken down. The personalities were still fun. Artoo saving the day (and controlling, essentially, a Star Destroyer- kinda reminds me of DE in a way) was also cool.

The art was kind of a let down- i didn't kind the look of it but the action was confusing a few times and visual continuity wasn't good (the Harbinger approaches the other two Star Destroyers head-on but somehow crashes between them while facing the same direction? That just doesn't work within the logic of the sequence at all (no time or reason to make a wide arc and attack from behind and no reason for the other two destroyers to turn around, let alone at the same time.

Also there was a lot of vacuum exposure action going on here with little explanation (were they within the outer atmosphere? only possible explanation and even then doesn't line up with everything prior).

So, this series continues to be strangely uneven arc-to-arc but does deliver a lot of big action (even if its marred by occasional visual storytelling problems- like Luke's mistaken "abandonment" in the first arc or the Star Destroyers here).

Any indications if these events are before or after the Vader series? The two have been more or less side-by-side for their run but you'd think the Executor would have showed up here if it was a Vader trap for Luke...