main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars #26-30: Yoda's Secret War (5/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Formidious, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-star-wars-comic-is-going-to-delve-into-yodas-past-1786802798

Found this to be interesting, thought it could be a discussion point. I personally like the idea of Yoda's long history being explored. I do hope they keep the early years of his life a mystery though. I liked the mystery that surrounded Yoda from when we first see him in ESB. A balance must be struck...

What are your opinions of this? How far back do you think they will go?

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    *invokes the "thread merge" magic summon*

But, yeah, there's a thread aboot this jusssst underneath.

3. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    No thanks.

Hearing about the "Whills" from a few years back that was enough for me.

the mystery of Yoda's past not knowing since Empire Strikes Back is better that way.

Yaddle was just stupid tecnically. female Yoda with long red hair and lipstick. Reminds me of the Gremlin from Gremlins 2

4. rjrjr

rjrjr Jedi Master star 1

Aug 11, 2009
    I don't think they will reveal much of Yoda's background. Yes, we'll get a tale or two from prior to TPM, probably with younger versions of other characters (Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan), but I don't think we'll learn where he is from, see him as a padawan, etc.

J7Luke and episodenone like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah I highly doubt this is Yoda: Origins because the solicit is described as Yoda already as a Jedi Master. If it's just a Yoda-centric story where he does Yoda stuff and saves the day while being Yoda, I'm totally okay with that.

One thing that is slightly noticeable is that in the OT, not every line Yoda says is backwards Yoda speak, some lines he says rather plainly. but in the PT / TCW he's basically all backwards Yoda speak all the time. I'd be happy if he gets one or two lines out in this arc in a rather straightforward matter.

J7Luke, CaptainPeabody and Jedi Ben like this.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    We won't get Yoda's species. In fact, Pablo recently mentioned on the SW Show that we'll never get that.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

J7Luke and Darkslayer like this.
  7. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    It's just a comic with a cool story with Yoda.. Speculation about it being Yoda origin isn't worth it, if they were going to--it'd be a book, and they aren't. Pablo even said it on an interview as Jello stated.

J7Luke and DarthJaceus like this.
  8. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Here's a variant cover for Star Wars 26, though it is quite low resolution.
    [​IMG]

Looks like Mace Windu may be appearing in the comic!

9. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I saw this on comixology! I have SW through Vader Down but not the rest as of yet and thought as far as individual issues this would be a good place to pick up while I catch up on the collections.

10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    No thank you.....keep him mysterious...900 years of Jedi wisdom and impish mischief.

J7Luke likes this.
  11. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    N'kata Del Gormo N'kata Del Gormo N'kata Del Gormo the greatest nobody can deny.

Arawn_Fenn and LelalMekha like this.
  12. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I doubt it'll happen, but I'd like to see it. The fan-created Del Gormo design was cool and unusual. Down with the over-representation of humanoid aliens!

DarthJaceus and spicer like this.
  13. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    and now i know the story of k'ungfu

LelalMekha likes this.
  14. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    That too was a fine touch, methinks. I can imagine this tale in comic form, using one of those exterimental Visionaries art styles.

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I don't want a Yoda origin, but I think it would be cool to see him in one of his centuries other than the one we see him in in the movies (I hope that makes sense).

Darth Dnej likes this.
  16. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I don't want Yoda's species or homeworld revealed, but seeing Yoda become the Grandmaster or his exploits 100 or so years before the films would be interesting.

17. iucounu

iucounu Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014

Happy to have a few more little Yoda stories as long as they don't do any origin stuff. The odd little adventure here and there over 900 years wouldn't be bad at all. (They don't even need to date them, to be honest - it's a big universe and a long lifespan.)

18. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I'm really curious (and excited of the possibilities) if Qui-Gon and/or Mace Windu have a bit of their backstories revealed in this arc. They do appear in some of the variant covers, so I think there is a chance :D

19. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    An adventure involving Yoda....Yes. A story telling his species, what planet he is from, his whole life story...NO!!!

20. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    We have preview pages for Star Wars #26.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Thanks for posting the preview.

Great, another instance of Yoda speech parody. Also, if this somehow manages to tell a story without Yoda igniting a lightsabre and you know actually being wise Yoda, I'm in, but if this is the flipside of what we've been seeing with Vader, ie, superhero Jedi takes out any entire army, then I'm so not interested.

22. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Can't wait for this. The art looks (surprisingly!) good too.

ChefCurryWindu likes this.
  23. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Indeed. First, I'm eagerly awaiting more canon material during or before the PT era, and this mini series will help fulfill that. Second, like said up above, the art looks fantastic.

spicer likes this.
  24. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    If by "wise Yoda" you mean The Empire Strikes Back's Yoda, that guy only exists because he went through the Clone Wars and learned the hard way that Jedi cannot be warriors. This is a Yoda who hasn't learned that lesson yet, though this is also a Yoda who hasn't been called upon to be a warrior yet.

25. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I'd rather Yoda not use a lightsaber, but it's canon and there's nothing we can do about it. Just hope it's only used as a last resort.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.