main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars #26 (Yoda Issue)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CnlSandersdeKFC, Sep 19, 2016.

1. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    Surprising haven't seen a thread for this news yet. Issue #26 is going to be another "Obi-Wan's journal," issue, but it looks like this time it's going to be Obi-wan telling about Yoda.

I find this interesting, as I'd always assumed Luke's first introduction to Yoda was at the same time we, the audience, were introduced to him in Obi-Wan telling Luke to go find him on Dagobah.

However, it completely makes sense for Luke to have some background on the guy if he's just going to believe Obi-wan's ghost on Hoth, and abandon the Alliance so suddenly to act on that vision. I'm interested in hearing what tale Obi-wan spins to make Luke believe in this "great warrior."

2. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Also of note, the first canonical content before episode I.

This'll be fun.

3. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

From the interview, Obi-Wan is writing about a master, but doesn't name him. When Luke hears the name Yoda, he may not make the connection between this individual read about in the journal.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

makes me wonder if luke asked ben on dagobah after yoda died if yoda was the warrior was the one in the journals.

Taalcon likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would be totally okay if Luke learns of "Yoda, Jedi Master and great warrior" and think it fits with Ben's ghost appearing and telling him of Yoda later on. To be fair, Ghost Ben never tells Luke of a great warrior only "the Jedi Master who instructed me". True, Luke could have been extrapolating that Yoda was a great warrior but if he learns his name, it would fit too. In fact, I think it could be a cool twist, actually. The only obvious no-no is Luke learning what Yoda looked like. But since Yoda is wielding a lightsaber on a cover, I think there will be some great warrior-ness.

6. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Its too bad I gave up comics.....

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Why act as if you can't return to buying them?

Daneira likes this.
  8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Who else wants a cameo by Dooku (possibly while training Qui Gon) in this arc?

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Well, since Obi-Wan is involved and I believe in AOTC he suggested (and so did Dooku) they'd never met previously, I don't really see that happening unfortunately (unless it's a flashback-inside-a-story kind of thing).

10. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Well, then it'd be a flashback inside a flashback which obi-wan is having in his journal.

11. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Aaron says in an interview on star wars.com that in the story Yoda will be lighthearted like in ESB, personally I think this makes sense considering the story will be set during a period where there's no major threat to the jedi/republic. It's made me think that maybe prior to TPM Yoda was always known for being wise but otherwise cheery but when the Sith threat emerged he became serious and on the ball.

Youngling: Master Yoda can you do that thing were you were beating an astromech with a stick again for us this lesson
    Yoda: No time for that now younglings, just got real **** has!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
  13. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Or a Cameo as an Apprentice to Yoda. Well that would not be a cameo, but close enough.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Do we know if this is a continuation of the existing Obi-Wan journal story? Or a new sub-arc?

16. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    From the news article it seems like this might be the next main arc.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Next main arc, multiple sequential issues, story read from Ben Kenobi's journals, I believe. So it is "from the journals of Ben Kenobi" entry, technically. Or at least that's the framing device.