main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Star Wars 30th Anniversary -----

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

It happens this Friday. Tomorrow. May 25.

Do you have anything planned to celebrate ?

Me, I think I'll have to settle for a SW movie marathon. Or two (sequel, prequel --- but what order?!?!?!)

2. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Tune in to the Today Show (Ch9) tomorrow morning after 8am, they're running a peice on the 30th anniversary. There's also an article or two to appear in SMH and the Daily Telegraph, or so I'm told. :)

3. hollyinlowercase

hollyinlowercase Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2006
    I am having a movie marathon, actually. Probably just 2 or 3.. Because I am REALLY bad with nights hahahaha

4. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Didn't go too bad, Karl got into it and even Kelly was relating her childhood memories of it. One of the very few times the nerd aspect didn't seem to raise it's ugly fat head.

5. Stealth-Jedi

Stealth-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2006
    Star Wars shares my birthday - which is today ofcourse. Imagine what a magnificent present it was thirty years ago, to go see it at the Hoyts Entertainment Center, in Sydney - especially with a belly full of birthday cake.

I'll be having a Marathon this weekend, from tomorrow actually. All six movies in order, on a 140cm screen with 1,200watts 6.2surround (2x sub woofers). Trouble is, I'm in Gosford.

MTFBWY.
    Ansata Nu

6. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Happy Birthday!

I was lucky(?) enough to see it on the big screen in '77 myself. I still remember patches from the movie.

I'm not doing anything special for the occasion though.

7. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I too remember seeing it on the Big Screen way back in 1977 at the old Astra Cinemas in Parramatta (for those too young to remember, that was were the old Greater Union cinemas used to be).

Don't remember that much, but I do remember that it ran for over a year and I saw it a couple of times.

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!

8. KOTW

KOTW Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    What date did ANH premiere in Australia?

9. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    According to yesterday's herald, it was about 5 months after America, so that would make it September/October.

10. Exploding_Chicken

Exploding_Chicken Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2002
    Yay! If it wasn't for Star Wars...well...we wouldn't have Chad Vader, that's for sure.

And I wouldn't know the guys and girls from wonderful FFNSW (etc.) that I've had the pleasure of knowing for all these years. [:D]

Yay for the imagination of George Lucas and Krew! :)

11. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Yay for celebrating by sitting infront of the TV and watching movies!

12. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Wow, wedge3210, now there's a blast from the past.

I watched ANH today on my big screen with 5.1 sound. And thanks to that viewing I figured out one of my speaker wires had come loose (couldn't quite hear Beru calling Luke)!

13. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Hi guys, remember me?

Perhaps not, it's been a while between blue milk's.

Anyhoo has anyone got the guff on this story on the SMH -

14. Exploding_Chicken

Exploding_Chicken Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2002
    Not a chance, I think...we should be so lucky. :p

15. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Lando: Lucas said in an interview recently that he might make 2 x 1 hour sw telemovies ... but they won't have anything to do with the Skywalkers or other main characters from the films. (So naturally the press has done their usual excellent job of researching the story and gotten it completely wrong)

Of course, 2 x 1 hour telemovies can mean only one thing ...

CARAVAN OF COURAGE 2 & 3 !!!!

:D

16. jedidolphin

jedidolphin Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    Ahhhhh the memories.....

I remember the first time i saw star wars 30 years ago at hoyts cinemas on george st..
    I was 4 years old at the time, i was in total awe of the opening scene. I was so excited and knew from that moment this was going to be my favourite movie EVER...[face_hypnotized]
    Then Darth Vader came out, i hid behind the seat for the rest of the movie..:oops:
    It was still my favourite movie ever, but it scared me...
    I did see it numerous times back then, and got over my fear of vader...

Now the thought of a new star wars movie possibly been made.... oh joy!!
    Lets just hope he does not name it 'the birth of Jar Jar'[face_sick]

17. Stealth-Jedi

Stealth-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2006
    I think it's the sharing of the pure Star Wars experience -and possibly the smell of hot popcorn- that makes it special. The 'TV' is pretty big as well.... not quite as big as a cinema, but as there is a lack of screenings this weekend, It's the best I can do.

I know no better way to spend a Saturday night, than watching a Star Wars marathon with my friends.

Cheers
    Ansata Nu

18. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I still remember the first time I saw Star Wars. I always thought the movie ended when they escaped the Death Star :p lol I was only four years old, but I still remember seeing it on TV back home in Ireland, and I recall a behind the scenes show about the making of Return of the Jedi too.

19. Diva-Shaliqua

Diva-Shaliqua Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2001
    I spent yesterday (after getting home from hospital!) watching ANH, ESB and ROTJ - though I slept through most of ANH :oops: :)

20. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    i often sleep through ANH....

i just had an avaerage day as well. Though i went to Sci Fi trivia at UNSW....and not ONE Star Wars question! I was very unimpressed!

21. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I remember seeing ANH for the first time on VHS when I was about six or seven. I thought it was ok but I prefered the Indiana Jones films :p. At that time the first biggest film I really wanted to see was Jurassic Park.

Only when the Special Editions and Shadows of the Empire on N64 come out did I get caught up into the Star Wars universe. Congratulations to it going strong for 30 years and with a lot more years to come.

We are also forgetting something:
    Happy 10th Birthday to The Lost World: Jurassic Park =D=

22. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Hey! Jurassic Park fans unite!

23. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Unite we shall!

The first one was great (The SNES game is absolute classic), I love The Lost World but the third one didn't quite fit in with the whole saga for me. Maybe cause it was pushed out into production by Universal before the script was finished. :S.

Which out of the three do you like the best?

Maybe we should start a 'Trespasser-Jurassic Park' appreciation thread on these boards... [face_thinking]

24. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Jurassic Park on the SNES is one of my all time favourites. I also really like the Lost World, and the third one was ok but rushed (I really hate that military ending!). The original is still the best. I never played Trespasser, but I did play the demo. Best. health bar. ever.

But as far as the 30th Anniversary is concerned, Ive been watching some of the videos on the new official site, theres some great material on there. The C4 in memoriam thing is well worth the watch.

25. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Star Wars premiered on Australian screen on October 21st 1977.

WOW...same date as the Star Walking Expo that's happening in Melbourne this year. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.