main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Star Wars 30th Anniversary -----

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I was a huge fan of Jurassic Park when it first came out, it blew me away at the time. Still does, in a way, which is a respectful nod to the visual effects that hold up very well for its age. Lost World was ok, but the third one was a little too left of center for me to appreciate is as much as the original, and clearly the best. Talk of a fourth movie has me worried, too.

2. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    As far as Im concerned, Jurassic Park is the pinicle in CGI usage. Nothing will ever come to close to being able to replicate the amount of awe those creatures did on screen. CGI wasn't used to advance the plot, and also wasn't used alone (mixture of puppetry and CGI). This film hasn't aged as far as I'm concerned. Terminator 2 is a close second.

Its amazing to think that im yet to be awed by CGI in the same way Jurassic Park did in over what, 14 years.

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Jurassic Park films IMO are the best dinosaur movies ever made. They captured the animals themselves instead of monsters. I wouldn't mind owning some of Stan Winston's live size animatronic dinosaurs (now that would make house parties interesting :D ). Before I saw the films, I read the novels (Big book to read when you are in year 2.) The books themselves I can read again year after year.

For SNES, Jurassic Park and Lion King are my absolute favourites. Trespasser, great game even greater story that unfolds in it (Spielberg himself labels it as the sequel to The Lost World). Sure it is date by today's standard graphics wise but it has the most powerful physics engine of it's time and the voice acting from Sir Richard Attenborough and Minnie Driver draws you into the untold story behind the events of 1980-1997 that took place..."Where the world has has changed."

The only other game from the franchise that I enjoy alot is the Operation Genesis where you can build your own Jurassic Park and having to fossil hunt in digsites and extract the DNA to create the animals for your park.

What I didn't like about the third film is how some of the animals were portrayed (and the whole plot/military ending too). Pteranodon mean 'no teeth' yet the third gave them teeth and aggression that ignores the more realistic one seen at the end of The Lost World. Spinosaur taking on the Rex? unlikely as they live at different places and the Spino is mainly a fish eater and jaws are too weak to do that to the Rex.

The fouth film has apparently stalled as I think for script reasons and the fact they haven't gotten a director yet (Joe Johnston said he isn't doing it, Spielberg is unfortunately too busy). When it does come about, I hope they do a good job instead of a rushed one.

I haven't been able to load up the new videos on the Star Wars site. :( damn dial up connection. I'll try later when I'm at friend' place. Kinda annoyed that they are making another Lego Star Wars game that combines the two with extra characters and levels cause of the time I've spent finding the original first two. Ah well, lets hope there is a Wii Star Wars on the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.