main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars #33-37: Out Among the Stars & Annual #3 (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , May 13, 2017.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Leia: My Name is Leia Organa. For 3 weeks I was stranded on an Island with only one goal: survive. Now I will fulfill my own wish - to use my experience and a bow to help bring down those that are poisoning my galaxy. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So let me get this straight:

They nerfed an AT-AT !?

DelRiego likes this.
  3. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I'm sure we will see more this island in flashbacks. After all, we didn't see all the events that Luke and Leia went through in 3 weeks.

4. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Luke: ????? Leia, what the h-

Leia:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6, vncredleader and Revanfan1 like this.
  5. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    That's a dumb name to give her right after she leaves the island. How about "The Hood"?

BigAl6ft6 and vncredleader like this.
  6. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    So, anyone assuming this might be Ahch-To, yet? A world covered in ocean, which can't be found easily, and has Luke standing on the edge of a cliff?

I mean, it most likely isn't, but I felt sure the theory would be out there.

7. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I wonder, how does the art in this series compare to dark horse's run before marvel came in? After all they also did a pre-ESB series following the big 3.

8. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I pretty much adored this story
    I love moments when we can get inside Leia's head. She's got a lot going on in there, its what makes her so fascinating to me. And getting those tidbits about her childhood and seeing the parallels in her and Luke's wildly different lives is so interesting to me. Especially when you see that though they loved their families they never felt quite at home with them. It also ramped up my (admittedly already high) interest in the YA Leia novel coming in September. This issue just hit all the right spots for me as a star wars fan, I'd love to see more like it in the future.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

...I wanna see.

10. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    It isn't. Ahch-To is in the Unknown Reasons and Luke even had to search for it.

And the islands on Ahch-To have a rather sparse vegetation typical for an irish island, while this one is a tropical island.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

11. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah I initially thought it might be Ach-To as well but then if it was you would think Leia would have looked there for Luke already so it wouldn't make much sense for her not to be able to find Luke if she had been to Ach-To previously as well. I do think though they patterned this planet off of Ach-To a bit.

We are definitely getting closer to ESB by this point. They are starting to give Leia the same look she had in Ep. V. I'd say we have definitely gone a year and a half to two years in the timeline by now. Wouldn't be surprised if they get to ESB around issue 50.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  12. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Is it? Not according to any official source. And if the map from TFA is a galaxy map, Luke's missing section looks like it's, what, somewhere between the Expansion Region and the Mid Rim?

13. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Back when TFA was still in theaters fans were speculating that the planet at the end of the movie was Rakata Prime (as they never actually say the name of the planet in the movie) and Rakata Prime is in the unknown regions. So that is probably how the idea of ahcto being in the unknown regions got formed. I am not sure there is any definitive answer right now though where ahch-to is.

14. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    [​IMG]

15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, that one? Yeah, I've seen it. Still just as "yikes" as the first time.

16. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Still, this shot was worth the issue:

[​IMG]

17. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I'm not getting the Larocca hate.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I don't hate Larocca. The man's done nothing to me, and I'm sure he's a charming fellow. It's just that I hate tracing and lightboxing in comics, that's all. As I've said before, I prefer artists who draw characters in their own, consistent way, even if they don't look much like their movie counterparts. But tracing is not comic art.

19. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    He's been around a long time. I'm not a fan of his style, necessarily. But he does a good job. If an analysis was done to all his work, going back to the 90s, my guess: 99.9% of his stuff is not "traced".

The Star Wars "tracing"--clearly homage.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

20. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    I think the problem with waiting as long as some of you are suggesting they wait in order to get the best art possible is that these comics are needing to keep up with what is going on with the movies. The Star Wars universe is expanding at a very rapid pace now. This time next year it is very possible that the gates will be open to start telling stories about some of Rey's backstory and Luke's acadamy. Unless they plan on opening up twice as many lines as they currently have going right now they would need to get through these OT stories at a pretty quick pace. Waiting two or three months for issues to come out isn't going to work when we have movies coming out every year now.

21. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Exactly. Also I think arts like in Dr Aphra is better and consistent
    [​IMG]

darthcaedus1138, DelRiego and spicer like this.
  22. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    I actually liked the way Aphra was drawn in the Vader comic far better than I did in the first arc of the Aphra series.

SilentGuy66 and DelRiego like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I loved this issue because it had an AT-AT Imperial Walking out of the freakin' ocean and then Luke and Leia exploded it to hell. That's really what I want/need from Star Wars comics, actually.

24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I have very mixed feelings about issue 33.

On one hand I liked that we had a little inside into Leia's head and that she's finally starting to be portrayed in a way that's closer to her portrayal in the movies. I also loved the shot of the AT-AT coming out of the water and the inclusion of Shoretroopers.

But the art wasn't very impressive and there are some glaring plot holes in the story in my opinion.

How did Luke and Leia got off the planet if the nebula is surrounding it? Or is the nebula just near the planet, but not actually around?

Also, where was the Imperial ship that deployed the AT-AT and its squad? Or did they just left them there alone without any support?

And how the hell did Leia take out that AT-AT?! These things were impervious to all Rebel fire, from heavy anti-vehicle guns mind you, in ESB, yet here Leia takes it out by using some animal droppings, sulphur and a power pack from their blaster?! What is this? An episode of MacGyver?

25. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Gillen says that he is going to write a Rebellion focused series when he take over and distance the book from Luke's Jedi adventures, to more of a Big Three getting more involved in the military side.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

MrDarth0, cdgodin, BigAl6ft6 and 3 others like this.