main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit STAR WARS #5 question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mark Johnson, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2017
    Hi Guys

Just a quick one, bit late to the party on the comic side but bought the hardcovers to catch up.

In Star Wars #5 when Boba Fett is interrogating the lad from the Cantina the boy states that Luke is living with his aunt and uncle. With the comics occurring after a Episode IV his aunt and uncle have been murdered. Does this mean the Cantina with its all seeing cast of misfits somehow don't know of the murder??? seems a strange line to me.

whats everyones thoughts?

2. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    If you're sitting a bar, you probably aren't checking in on the farmers hours away.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

vncredleader and Jedi Ben like this.
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Welcome to the boards, Mark Johnson

I think maybe we were a little spoiled with Watto knowing all about Shmi Skywalker in AOTC after he sold her, but I agree with Darth_Duck. If someone asked me about some random stranger in my town, I'd tell him what I knew. I would assume the person interrogated by Boba Fett hadn't heard the news about the murder of two moisture farmers or the attack on some Jawas.

Also, I found the old thread if you're curious about what people were talking about concerning that comic back in 2015.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-marvel-5-skywalker-strikes-part-5-of-6.50029916/

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Tatooine is not that populated, people are spread out so it's plausible that they simply wouldn't have heard.

Besides, given how they died, who's going to go sniffing around something Empire-related too?

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I've often wondered exactly how "close" the moisture farmers are to one another and the town denizens. Kenobi probably expanded on this the most, but of course, none of the old books are canon so... hard to say. AOTC and the ANH cut scenes gave us an idea that they weren't completely cut off from society (Luke's friends surely must have heard about what happened to Owen and Beru eventually, correct? And even worry about Luke?)

SPARSELY

6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    200,000 inhabitants, to be exact.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, you'd prefer I use less words? Or should that be fewer?

vncredleader likes this.
  8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

"Tatooine is sparsely populated, my lord." - Some red-and-black guy

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    [face_laugh] Oh.... That was the joke then.

Thanks

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Spaahhsely populated, technically.

Iron_lord, Revanfan1 and vncredleader like this.