main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars 50th anniversary How do we celebrate it? Episode X or XII or reboot or Old Republic movie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Jul 21, 2015.

?

How should the golden anniverary of SW be celebrated?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2015.
  1. Episode X

21.4%
  2. Episode XI

2.4%
  3. Episode XII

7.1%
  4. A reboot film with the young OT3 set between ANH & TESB or a few years after ROTJ

7.1%
  5. The first film of a Darth Vader trilogy

9.5%
  6. The First of an Old Republic saga

59.5%
  7. Standalone anthology film featuring either Tarkin, Thrawn or Lando

2.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I know that in 2017 we will celebrate the 40th anniversary of SW with the release of Episode VIII on May 26 of that year. But what will happen in 2027 the 50th golden anniversary of SW and how should it be celebrated? Should we have the first film of the SST Episode X be released then or have Episode X be released in 2023 and the last of the SST Episode XII come out in May 2027? That would be a perfect way to celebrate the golden anniversary of the greatest franchise ever! But If Episode X comes out in 2025, Episode XI would come out in 2027 much like Episode VIII in 2017.

Or how about have the first reboot film with Luke,Han and Leia but played by younger actors and be set between ANH & TESB when the Rebels were on the run from the Empire and were pursued across the galaxy from one side to the other or set sometime shortly or a few after ROTJ with the New Republic battling the remnants of the Empire with Han flying the Falcon and Luke piloting his X-Wing or even Leia flying an X-Wing in some awesome space battles against the fleet of the Imperial Remnant.

Or how about a Darth Vader trilogy set between ROTS and ANH where Vader pursues the remaning Jedi across the galaxy and fight the young Rebels or space pirates or any faction trying to sabatoge the construction of the Death Star in some cool space battles in his TIE Fighter or the black Eta-2 interceptor he flew in Lords of the Sith and Tarkin. It could loosely be based on those books.

Or start off an Old republic saga with six,nine or twelve films and be based on some some of the comics or books like The Old Republic Annihilation or Fatal Alliance or any of the books by Drew Karphasyn.

Finally how about a standalone anthology detailing the life of Tarkin or Thrawn or Lando. A Tarkin adventure film would be cool leading the Outland Regions Security Force fleet in multiple space battles or protecting the Death Star construction and helping Vader wipe out enemy fleets of Rebel factions flying Seperatist era ships or a Thrawn film featuring his adventures in the Unknown Regions leading a fleet of ships against multiple threats in the Unknown Regions like the alien warlord Nuso Esva,the Yuuzhan Vong etc. or a Lando film dealing with his adventures flying the Falcon across the galaxy and his heroic piloting in the Battle of Taanab.

2. jewlmc17

jewlmc17 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2013
    How about re-releases? There is a very big danger of watering down the SW universe with too many movies. And a reboot would be a bad move IMO.

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    A reboot already looks to be likely what they're doing and I'm not even convinced SW will make it to 50.

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I voted for a recast movie set between VI and VII, since I think episodes X ++ will move away from Skywalker's and it will be the same stuff just with different names, so I go for the recast version, since the other options were not exciting as well. :rolleyes:

5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    We are ripe for a new era/timeline. I would LOVE to see thousands of years before ANH.

HeadingSouth and Master_Lok like this.
  6. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    No reboots.
    We already had a trilogy for Darth Vader ... see PT.
    Can I vote for none of the above?

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Some things shouId be SIMPLY LEFT THE **** ALONE! No 'Reboot' - God knows NO 'Recasting'!!

For the 50th - PIease Iet the PTB understand that a re-reIease EVENT of the OT on the big screen (aIa what Fathom Events does) wouId be the best route and Iet the Iegacy move forward without bastardizing the fiIms that have come before.

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    None of the above.

You can add my vote for a re-release. Put all the films back in the theaters for a limited time and have some nice merchandise tie-ins, similar to the whole "celebration" thing they did for the Special Editions.

9. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    or they could make my movie: Luke fighting 50 sith in 2 hours. 8-}

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  10. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I hope there will never be a reboot of Star Wars.
    And after the ST, they should concentrate more on Anthologies. While I wish that the Skywalker bloodline continues through the ST, they can move away from it after the ST.

There are multiple eras with potential. An Old Republic movie, if executed well, could be a fresh experience for general audiences and also something the fans are waiting for. So I voted the Old Republic movie.

Tommytom likes this.
  11. Powerful Lord

Powerful Lord Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2015
    The beginning of the Old Republic era. They could spend the time between Episode IX planning their oun version of the Old Republic era, probably with pre-lightsaber Jedi and Sith and a more primitive travel that still takes months to years in order to go from a certain place to another.

Coud be even promoted with something along the lines of "the next era of Star Wars". As some have previously stated, it would be a fresh experience for the general audience.

12. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    I'd love to see the games remade....I loved the OT on SNES so an updated version of those would get my vote. I'd imagine most people would hope for something a little bigger :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I voted for a an Old Republic film, because I felt the biggest short coming of the games was that it didn't actually look like it was set millennia before The Phantom Menace. You could have told me it was a handful of decades before, and based on how everything looked I wouldn't have questioned that. So, an Old Republic film, but only if they really commit to the Old part. However, I'd also love to see a film similar to the Legacy comics. Set something a few hundred years after Episode IX, which 1) allows you to do whatever the hell you want in a brand new time period that doesn't have the word "prequel"attached to it at all, and 2) still allows for Episodes X-XII to be done 10-15 years after IX.

14. CoruscantDweller

CoruscantDweller Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 28, 2015

I felt the original KOTOR games felt older the only one that didn't really feel old was the MMO. But yeah I would love an old republic movie or even better a pre-old republic movie. For a 50th anniversary movie what could be better than a movie detailing the creation of the Jedi and that movie they could really stylistically make it feel very ancient.

15. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I really want Old Republic content, don't really care what media. Just give it to me :cool:

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hope they would start the Old Republic movies way before 2027.
    I say rerelease all 9 main movies in theaters.

PymParticles likes this.
  17. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    you mean everything that defines Star Wars? You can take out 1-2 things, but you vote to take away everything? You can call a blaster/pyrates and no force user movie as Star Trek or Guardians of the Galaxy, but not Star Wars. [face_dunno]

starocean90 likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    There were plenty of stories in the EU that didn't have Jedi or Sith or the Force or lightsabers or Skywalkers and worked just fine.

19. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

I completely disagree. Jedi are an important part of Star Wars, but they are not all that is awesome about the GFFA. Rogue One will illustrate this to great effect.

20. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    This would be fine for me as anthology movies, but not as the main saga. I'm simply more interested in the Asian Samurai part of this universe. My father would have preferred the Cowboy/Western approach, so to each their own. ;)

starocean90 likes this.
  21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    how to celebrate the 50th??
    well you release a New Skywalker Saga movie and you also make a dramatized movie of the making of SW by Lucas, let the Lucas fancasting begin.:cool:

nightangel likes this.
  22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Then they will create another Saga a couple hundred years later.
    As long as they familiar planets, aliens, tech, species and so on and so forth I will be content. Thousands of years before the movies, hundreds of years later, doesn't matter to me. Bring it on!

PymParticles likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't see an option for "Build a fully functional Death Star." That's what I'd choose.

24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

THIS. Force willing I'll still be around then. :D

TheBBP likes this.
  25. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Yeah, it doesn't even need to revolve around Revan. I just want to see an early history of the galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.