main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars 50th anniversary How do we celebrate it? Episode X or XII or reboot or Old Republic movie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Jul 21, 2015.

?

How should the golden anniverary of SW be celebrated?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2015.
  1. Episode X

21.4%
  2. Episode XI

2.4%
  3. Episode XII

7.1%
  4. A reboot film with the young OT3 set between ANH & TESB or a few years after ROTJ

7.1%
  5. The first film of a Darth Vader trilogy

9.5%
  6. The First of an Old Republic saga

59.5%
  7. Standalone anthology film featuring either Tarkin, Thrawn or Lando

2.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

I'd prefer Dawn of the Jedi myself, but I know that won't happen. Anything earlier than the established characters would be fun.

Seeher and TheBBP like this.
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'll probably buy the commemorative Star Wars hip replacement. Fantasize about becoming a bit more like Darth Vader or IG-88.

danmcken, Palpatine's P.A. and Seeher like this.
  3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    50 years ! can't think about that as I'll be 57 by then ! :(:_|

4. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    No reboots or remakes please. Continue the saga if you are going to continue to make them or make anthologies of different eras.

TK327 likes this.
  5. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    Why wait until 2027 to start a KOTOR-inspired trilogy when Lucasfilm can do that in 2021? I would like a break in between IX and X. Mix it up a little so we can miss our heroes. :)

2015: TFA
    2017: VIII
    2019: IX
    2021: KOTOR I
    2023: KOTOR II
    2025: KOTOR III
    2027: X

Continue to show anthology films in between the trilogy ones, which cover a wide range of characters and eras.

littlewaves likes this.
  6. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

I mostly agree that this kind of thing makes most sense.

It makes sense dramatically to at least have some space between IX and X otherwise it's just one long slog. Personally I'd prefer a little more than 8 years but they could maybe set it up to 20 years later and just say "Hey they aged well!"

the reason I think we need the inter-trilogy gap is otherwise the heros are just fighting one long battle and what for? They really ought to get a few years of relative peace to enjoy before the next big threat comes along. That was the trouble I always had with the EU. I'm hoping TFA and new canon stuff establishes that there was at least a few years of happiness for the big three post Battle of Jakku. I suspect though that they'll fill in the gaps with as much material as possible in the new EU.

I doubt they'll use much of existing KOTOR material though. I think they'll start afresh if they decide to go back. Although...
    http://steamed.kotaku.com/ten-years-later-star-wars-kotor-ii-gets-an-official-up-1719284362

7. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    A box set of an 8K transfer of the unaltered original trilogy with proper, authentic color grading that is as close to the original prints as possible and soundtracks as close to the original mixes as possible.

And to cater to the varying sects of the fandom a similar treatment for the other films would also be nice, but would be superfluous compared to the likes of the above mentioned box set. Rest assured.

8. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    MillenniumFalcon2015

I've just realised that whilst you've included an OT reboot with new cast as an option you haven't included the same for the PT?

Not wanting to derail thread into prequel bashing but surely a reboot for the prequel era characters makes just as much sense as the OT?

9. Luminous Beings Are We

Jun 10, 2014
    Cool. The reason why I prefer 8 years over fake aging is so we can see them in their 30s and 40s - adult prime. It would be like seeing the OT cast do another trilogy in the early '90s. Afterwards, the new cast can do a final trilogy years later in their 50s and 60s (around 2045: 30-year anniversary of TFA) where they pass the torch on to the next generation.

In between all of this are trilogies and anthology films covering a wide range of galactic stories.

10. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    Yeah agreed.

Daisy and John would be mid-late 30s during the fourth trilogy if x was in 2017 and Oscar in Late forties early 50's. Those ages for the OT big three in a 1990's sequel trilogy would pretty much have been my dream come true.

Only reservation is that presumably if the TFA big three have any kids they'll still be little kids during the X - XII timeframe which is all a bit Jake Lloyd for my liking (Sorry Jake!)

11. Luminous Beings Are We

Jun 10, 2014
    Oh. I thought I was clear on this. TFA's new leads would also lead X-XII. Any children from them during this time would have limited focus and wouldn't take over until Episode XIII (around 2045).

The new cast would get their own sextology as leads.

12. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    We've had 2 trilogies so far the OT made everyone fall in love and the PT broke some fans hearts but also created new fans. Now with this ST being more OT friendly we have another set of fans feeling hurt. SW is so great that all the fans love it for different reasons that it can no longer please everyone I'm just hoping SW is still loved 12 years from now. From my point of view the franchise will only get more divided with the more films they make. So for the 50 year anni just re release GLs 1-6 saga that's just my opinion though.

13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    2 ppl voted for a reboot![face_dunno]

14. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    the question could probably be misunderstood. I doesn't mean doing the OT again with new cast, it means doing additional movies after VI with a new cast. ;)

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Count me in with the re-release people. Some kind of special look back thing, kinda like they did before the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, would be nice. But please no reboot.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yeah, maybe, the word Reboot terrifies me!

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    As long as SW fans like something SW (no matter what is), that is good enough for me.

18. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    A Stand Alone film on Kenobi! Set during his seclusion on Tattoine. By then Ewan McGregor will be a bit older and would play Kenobi even better than in the prequels which was rather remarkable. You can base it losely on the latest Kenobi novel and the Last of the Jedi series.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  19. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Other than that the only thing else I would want to see is a Villain film with Boba, Cadd Bane and Hando. Something along the lines of The good, The bad and the Fugly! Set during the same time as the Kenobi flick Between III and IV.

20. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I hear Lucasfilm has Pinewood Studios booked for 10 years. Will Episodes X-XII be made in the next five years after Episode IX? I hope so. Perhaps another perfect way to celebrate SW's 50th in 2027 is to gave either a Darth Vader and Tarkin anthology movie which could be the first of a trilogy or an OT3 movie set 5-10 years after ROTJ.

21. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'd prefer a movie set thousands of years before TPM that also sets up a live action TV series based off of said movie.

22. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

for knights of the old republic this could work really well but let's not make it as awful as that clone wars movie (never watched it tbh but I never had any interest in it and I've heard it was ****)

23. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    From I what I've seen/read/heard across these boards the TCW movie was either hit or miss with most people but the TV show was pretty good overall.

24. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

oh yeah from little I've seen the show is alright for what it is but the theatrical movie was completely pointless and bad from what seems to be almost everyone.

also if they do a knights of old republic film+tv series (or anything set long before tpm) I hope it's not a straight up children's cartoon. I hope it's a bit more serious and live action if they can pull it off.

25. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

Riiiiiiiight. Disney paid 4 billion to make six movies. We're looking at Episode XV one day for sure. Disney will milk this till doomsday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.