main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars 50th anniversary How do we celebrate it? Episode X or XII or reboot or Old Republic movie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Jul 21, 2015.

?

How should the golden anniverary of SW be celebrated?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2015.
  1. Episode X

21.4%
  2. Episode XI

2.4%
  3. Episode XII

7.1%
  4. A reboot film with the young OT3 set between ANH & TESB or a few years after ROTJ

7.1%
  5. The first film of a Darth Vader trilogy

9.5%
  6. The First of an Old Republic saga

59.5%
  7. Standalone anthology film featuring either Tarkin, Thrawn or Lando

2.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    Old republic movie, would be very okay with it being animated. I could imagine them going dawn of the jedi route with an early era film. Wouldn't mind them recanonizing a lot of the old republic characters, not just Revan.

2. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

nah.

how many times do we gotta go over this disney stuff? the real money isn't even in the films and lucasfilm still has creative control.

Rou-eru tbh I never even played the old republic games I just watched a few let's play videos and read the general outlines and said 'this seems cool' so idk what works best for it. it seems like it'd at least benefit from not being full-on for kids like tcw and rebels though, animated or not.

3. DNateos

DNateos Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 21, 2012
    add a option. Reboot the PT so they have the look & feel of the OT and hopefully the ST.

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    um how about **** no.

DuckHunt likes this.
  5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    On the 50th anniversary there will be a real Star War. Most of the people in the forum still alive will be viewed by the Galactic Republic as possessed by the darkside and will be wiped out by Yoda's reactionary Jedi Order.

6. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    If you add "other" as an option, you'll find it will get the most votes

7. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    The real money may be in the toys, but Disney would be stupid to ignore billions. I don't see it ending at IX, XII or XV. They'll probably release new episodes and films long after we're dead.

Whether it eventually gets a reboot or not, Star Wars is here to stay. There's just too many opportunities here. Most franchises have to work with their established characters, but Disney could yank new ones out their backside like nobody's business.

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Disney is very good as sucking a dollar out of its properties. You can look at something like Cinderella, and it gets endlessly re-released, endless toys and Princesses on Ice and Amusement park themes etc etc.

Now, part of that is a clear Image. Cinderella has a Wicked Stepmother and sisters, and a Fairy Godmother, and the little mice, and Prince Charming. Clearly defined imagery. And I think they have done that with Star Wars. Cancel half finished Prequel projects and focus on Original Trilogy. Shrink down the ideas and images to something easily digestible and remembered by the audience.

I don't think sequels will be blindly thrown out until they drive the Product into the ground. They will be careful.

carlcockatoo likes this.
  9. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    50 anniversary? We still have 2 more years until the 40th and 12 years until the 50th. Why are we talking about this?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  10. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Vader trilogy!

11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    How about unaltered Version of the OT Blu-Ray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GregMcP likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "How do we celebrate it"?

Probably, the old fashioned way... by spending immeasurable hours posting borderline irrational grievances about nearly every choice they make to celebrate it. :p

13. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    50th anniversary is always a big event for any franchise. The first Batman movie with Michael Jackson and Jack Nicholson came out in 1989(the 50th anniversary of Batman's debut in the comics). So obviously something big will happen in 2027 the 50th anniversary of SW. It will probably be celebrated with the release of either Episodes X,XI or XII or the beginning of a reboot trilogy with younger actors playing the OT3 either set between ANH & TESB or a few years after ROTJ or even a Darth Vader or Tarkin anthology movie.

14. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Special in theater marathon presentations over a couple days... the question is, do you show it chronologically or in order of release? ;)

15. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

buncha idiots posting on star wars forums i tell ya

16. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

Not to mention that they eventually run out of toys. New movies = new toys.

17. Luminous Beings Are We

Jun 10, 2014
    Just as long as the movies came first. ;)

mes520
    Because 145 days. :p

18. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    My kids will be left home by then so i'll be celebrating mid life crisis style buying a sports car and partying till my knees and hips cant take it anymore.But seriously as much as i love Star Wars i hope that by 2027 some young film maker has blown us away with another scifi movie.

19. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I hope that not only there is Episodes X-XII released around 2027or much earlier but Episodes XIII-XV and even XVI-XVIII to what the future of the galaxy will be like 100 years or so after ROTJ. Will the GFFA become advanced they will have extragalactic travel or intergalactic travel with ships with much faster hyperdrives able to reach neighbouring galaxies in hours or days? I hope that happens in future Episodes down the road.

Back in 2010 there was a rumor that there was to be a sequel trilogy set hundreds or thousands of years after ROTJ with nothing to do with the Skywalker family. Could it Still be made after Episodes VII-IX or even Episodes X-XII? Would it be Episodes XIII-XV set hundreds or thousands of years after ROTJ?

Here is a possible timeline:

Episodes VII(The Force Awakens)-Episode IX 30 years after ROTJ

Episodes X-XII 45-50 years after ROTJ???

Episodes XIII-XV 100 years after ROTJ???

Episodes XVI-XVIII 1000 years after ROTJ???

20. K.J Lord

K.J Lord Jedi Knight

Jan 27, 2013
    Hopefully George Lucas returns to direct his last trilogy in 2027.

21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    And then go hunting in obscure places for a functional Bluray player and something to attach it to.

22. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    If there is a SST after the ST. Or an SSST after the SST or any future trilogies whatsoever without the Skywalker family. Will the enemy be the Sith or a new extragalactic enemy or a threat from the Unknown Regions. I hope they do make that trilogy that was rumored back in 2010 without the Skywalker family and all new characters hundreds or thousands of years after ROTJ battling new enemies unlike the Sith. Hopefully the Jedi and Sith will form allies as well as the reborn New Republic form allies with the First Order remnants perhaps and battle new enemies from outside the galaxy or the Unknown Regions. Perhaps some unknown Empire in the UR. The Chiss perhaps or a descendant of Thrawn and his Empire of the Hand battling a descendant of Nuso Esva fighting over control of the Unknown Regions and eventually the known galaxy.

Here's the list of future trilogies with possible enemies:

Episode VII(TFA)-Episode IX 2015-2019 First Order vs. Resistance

Episodes X-XII 2021-2025??? Jedi army/armada vs. Sith army/armada

Episodes XIII-XV 2045-2049??? New Republic/First Order & Jedi/Sith vs. unknown Empire from the Unknown Regions or extragalactic threat

Episodes XVI-XVIII 2052-2056??? New Republic vs. New Seperatist Confederation perhaps Corellian Confederation

23. Luminous Beings Are We

Jun 10, 2014
    MillenniumFalcon2015

At that point, you might as well put those films in a separate series, like the KOTOR-inspired ones.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    VHS was around from what, the 1970's to the 2000's, DVD's were around from the late 90's and tons of people still use them in 2015 so I am sure Blu-Rays will be around in 2027 ?..... I still use DVD,s along with Blu-Rays and yes, even CD's and Spotify and youtube......

25. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    an Old Republic CG movie might be good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.