1. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Just grab the series of Novels ....Legacy of the force , fate of the Jedi & the single Novel Crucible ....those bridge the gap .
  2. dolphin Chosen One

star 4
    Indeed. Animatrix for Star Wars would be a BOSS move.
  3. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
    Totally. Alternatively (or additionally), they could continue with animated stuff in the style of TCW but set in different time periods.
  4. General Immodet Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    They will probably produce some tie-in into Episode 7.
    I do not know whether it will be a comic book series, a television series or a novel.
    As we were discussing elsewhere, Tartakovsky could do a new cartoon series to bridge the gap between Episode 6 and Episode 7, just as he did for Episode 3.
  5. aguywithabiggun Force Ghost

star 4
    Disney is a different co. than Lucasfilm, so maybe. Maybe some web shorts. (web shorts? wtf lol)
  6. Jedi Comedian Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    That only works if the writers of Ep. 7 choose to honour the existing EU. My belief is that they won't.
  7. Team Padme Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Where have you heard this? I doubt it'll be a bridge. It'd be to confusing for the general fans.
  8. Blur Force Ghost

star 4
    Being a huge Matrix fan, the Animatrix anthology DVD with animated segments was superb. Overall, I thought the animation was incredible, and liked how they generally used different animation for each story. Especially liked the noir-like story, as well as the two-part origin story.

So, an equally well-done animated anthology DVD/Blu-ray movie like this with some stories/background about the Episode VII universe (preferably set before the events in EPVII) would be amazing. Maybe it could be released a month or two before Episode VII's release date to hype the film....

Side-note: I believe there have also been some nice animated anthology DVD's released in conjunction with at least one of the recent (2005-on) Batman films.
    dolphin likes this.