main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars #9: Showdown on the Smugglers' Moon, part 2 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Did not expect Tera Sinube, Oppo Rancisis and Shaak Ti to be int his issue. I suppose this proves that the latter survives the initial stage of the Purge, if she has time to record such a message.

2. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I honestly believe the situation in the Outer Rim was equally bad under the Empire as it was under the Old Republic. But the situation in the galaxy as a whole did get worse under Palpatine. His rule started with the mass murder of the Jedi. Then he approved of the construction of two planet destroying weapons to intimidate the galaxy. He destroyed one world due to Rebel sympathizers and planned on destroying further rebellious worlds. In the Empire lives were meaningless. If they got in the way of Palpatine's power, they were eliminated. Loyal Imperials were meant to be used and then discarded when they were no longer needed. This is far from the compassion Mon Mothma has been known to show.

The Clone Wars comparison doesn't work because the situation was different than the Galactic Civil War. In the Clone Wars both factions were controlled by Palpatine. So the leadership of both sides is interested only in their own power. As a result, there wouldn't be a single leader in Star Wars who is a good person. In tthat case I'd prefer Mon Mothma because she at least pretends to care for her troops and doesn't seek to oppress the galaxy. However I really do believe she isn't pretending.

Furthermore, we have no proof that Mon Mothma wanted to be on top; all we know is that she ended up there. For all we know, she wanted Bail to lead, but everyone wanted her to. We don't know how things worked in the early Rebellion, so we don't actually know how Mon Mothma ended up in power.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It does indeed although when she died we don't know or how she escaped the temple without being murdered.

4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I was hoping Yoda's vision in TCW, which seemed to depict Shaak Ti's deleted death scene by Anakin in Episode III, was meant to canonize that particular event. Possibly not, but when it comes to Holocrons, who knows the rules at this point? They do seem to be more straightforward information tomes in the new canon, but maybe this issue's scene is evidence they can be more than that as the were in Legends.

Vialco likes this.
  5. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Nah, I want a comic series on Shaak Ti's post ROTS escapades.

darklordoftech and spicer like this.
  6. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Maybe Shaak Tii guided and trained Ahsoka for a bit similar to Maris Brood in TFU

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah Ahsoka left the Order

But I would be down for a last stand comic with Shaak Ti.

8. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Or a comic showing how Shaak Tii survives order 66 and could end with her not dying. :3

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Though hopefully wearing more clothing as she did.

Revanfan1, LelalMekha and SilentGuy66 like this.
  10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Don't you mean hopefully LESS clothing :p

11. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
  12. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002

[face_laugh]

DelRiego and revan772 like this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    How about we stop being weirdos about how many articles of clothing a female character can and cannot wear? That would be cool.

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    When I see these skimpy outfits, I often think it would look less trashy and sexist if they were stark naked. Because if you want to show a "feral" society which doesn't care about clothing, you may as well go all the way. Of course tv and movies are weird in the way that the naked body is stigmatized in a way that gory violence isn't.

Well, not as much in my home country, you get to see more full nudity here than in the US. Naked bathing and the like is a big thing here and has nothing to do with sex. So maybe it's a culture thing.

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...Yeah, I probably knew I shouldn't have brought this up.

The character can dress however she wants (frankly, Felucia isn't really a place for heavy clothing anyway). I've just always been a bit peeved by the clear OOU "Shaak Ti's gonna wear a skimpy outfit now cause this is a vidya game" thought process.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So, pretty good issue- I think the series might finally be turning around after the rocky first arcs. So long as they Mr OOC off screen I think they can carry the momentum. They do need to make the Han/Leia subplot start to move though- it really has been stretched out and is starting to feel like Han's plotline in Star Wood.

Love the art though (I was particularly struck by the last panel's shot of Threepio for some reason- perhaps I'm just relieved we never have to deal with the Iron Man Flux Threepio of Star Wood ever again). The shot of Luke vs the Magna Guards was also gorgeous.

[​IMG]

Also, damn is that Hutt HUGE! Not to mention he's so ripped he basically looks like a Battletoad when he's punching Luke out.

[​IMG]

They crashed through several canopies and collapsing rooftops to break their fall. It might have been a tad confusing because they depicted it all in a single panel.

I wasn't aware of/couldn't find that information whenever it was that I last updated the thread title. I've revised accordingly.

To be fair, one thing I quite enjoyed in my (failed) attempt to read-through the post-Yavin material in order was the early Star Wars Missions books where they played up the concept of the Empire not knowing the fate of the Death Star at first, so the Rebels had to initially make sure no word/survivors/scouts got out about the battle or where the base was.

Now, granted, that concept can only be implemented for so long and still be realistic- the Rebels still should have started evacuations right away. The 6 month blockade never worked in that regards as a timeframe.

17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Given that Count Dooku was an evil Sith Lord that started a galactic war that killed millions of innocent beings, that's not a very flattering comparison...

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I concur that she is exactly like Count Dooku.

The2ndQuest and BobaMatt like this.
  19. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    Well I'd argue in favor of Count Dooku's integrity. The Republic committed their share of atrocities. The ones attributed to Dooku are Imperial propaganda

20. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Foolish jedi knight. No one can out-Jello Jello. There is a reason he is a grand admiral after all. That reason being he typed it in when naming himself but hey, it is a reason.

21. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Warlordism at its best.

MercenaryAce, Vthuil and LelalMekha like this.
  22. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Hmm... Omnipotent Battle Leader Lugija?

Vthuil and Gorefiend like this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I think you all forget that His Imperial Majesty not only called me his most valued servant, but he wrote it out in his own hand. There is no greater affirmation.

Jealousy is unbecoming, citizens.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

24. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm not trying, there isn't much point in that. Jello is too good. The only reason I argue with him, is because I think he's really cool and want to participate in his discussions.

My pro Separatist thing isn't really pro Separatist, it's more pro Rebel through the lens of a Separatist. Starting it wasn't because of Jello. About a year ago there was a post about the Empire that I jokingly replied to with maybe the Separatists were right. I used the hash tag Jedi for the Separatist Movement as a way to communicate it. A Jedi would have never supported the Separatists during the war and so it would have to be a post war thing. In a way it was an expression of the futility that may have been felt by some at the end of the Clone Wars. A Jedi who survived would look back and see that all of the Death was for nothing. Still they may not have all of the information and could end up sympathizing with the Separatist holdouts.

Everything I say is more of an insult to Palpatine than it is to say the Separatists were really good.

The Dooku think I admit was stupid. That was more to see what people would say. Obviously Dooku is terrible, so comparing Mon Mothma to him is an insult. It was a way to defeat my own arguement by harming the credibility of the person I was supporting.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Luke opening up the holocron scene was fantastic. And any time Leia sasses and fires blasters whilst sassing is a win in my book.