main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars - a Galaxy Divided , Can it stand ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by PadawanGussin, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Mod Edit. Edited thread title for apparent misspelling.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  2. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 6, 2017
    On a personal level I tend to dislike the "Walker Texas Ranger " mindset that after being in a very difficult dangerous situation, being beaten up and having shot and killed at least a few bad guys, all you need to heal is a night at the bar and a few wisecracks.

As Rouge one showed us a rebellion is a difficult thing to be a part of. People can get twisted even if starting out with the best of intention.

TLJ conrinues this theme with a Luke who has been affected by his life in a very real direct way.

IMO Disney and RJ did a good job of protraying this.

BadCane, vw_jedi and Eternal_Jedi like this.
  3. Darth Nobunaga

Darth Nobunaga Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2018
    This is true. Disney bought the Power Rangers license from Saban Brands back in 2003, hoping to capture the same explosive popularity of the 1990's Mighty Morphin' iteration. And while their shows had moderate success, Disney only held onto the brand for seven years before selling it right back to Saban. And keep in mind: that wasn't with the Power Rangers brand doing poorly. That was a sale made when it wasn't capturing the American market with the same explosive impact of the 90's like they wanted. They weren't losing money with Power Rangers, but they weren't getting what they wanted from it...so they just sold it back.

Now, of course, I'm well aware that film is a more lucrative financial endeavor than TV (especially nowadays), so there naturally will be a different set of goals for something like Star Wars. But Disney isn't above selling off something that isn't taking off in the way they want.

I don't think at all that'll happen with Star Wars. The worst that will happen is that the brand continues to rake in moderate to plentiful mountains of cash, while the quality continues to dwindle. The Bayformers method, if you will.

4. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Disney has far more invested in Star Wars then anything that came before it. They are building a whole area in multiple theme parks dedicated to Star Wars. They are building hotels dedicated to Star Wars. Why even talk about selling off. Simply a silly conversation.

5. Darth Nobunaga

Darth Nobunaga Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2018
    Read my post, I said I didn't think it was going to happen. The point I was making was that they aren't above selling off what they don't see as serving them properly. It can happen with anything they don't see as fabulously-lucrative, even if it's bringing in moderate success.

And they have the money to repurpose hotels and theme park attractions to suit new themes or brands. They've done that before. Both them and Universal.

MS1 likes this.