Star Wars: A Musical Journey, London 02 Arena, April 2009

Discussion in 'North' started by suzijedi, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzijedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Heard about this on Radio 2 this morning and it's also on BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7779011.stm

Star Wars fans are to feel the force of the seminal sci-fi films and their iconic soundtracks on stage in a major new show, which will launch next year.

In Star Wars: A Musical Journey, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra will play a live score as excerpts from the six films are shown on a cinema screen. The show has been put together by director George Lucas' company Lucasfilm and composer John Williams.
    It will premiere at the O2 arena in London in April before a European tour.

It will not be a traditional musical with actors playing characters from the films, but will feature live narrators. The six Star Wars films have been edited down to two hours for the show, and Williams has "painstakingly rewritten" the music he wrote for the movies, a statement said.

The Royal Philharmonic will use an 86-piece orchestra and an accompanying exhibition will feature original models, props, costumes and production artwork. David Campbell, chief executive of AEG Europe, which runs the O2, said: "Star Wars holds memories for practically everyone.

"John Williams is THE composer of our times, and fans will be thrilled to know that both he and Lucasfilm have contributed fully to this new production.
    "To have the premiere at the O2 is a real coup for us, and I know there will be a lot of very happy Star Wars fans out there when they hear the news."

The show will open at the O2 on 10 April. Tickets, costing between £30 and £100, will go on sale on Monday.

Depending on the ticket price/availability, I might be tempted!
  2. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Crap. Clashes both with Mrs Spike's birthday and the Prodigy gig at the MEN :(
  3. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight

star 5
    I've just bought me tickets :D
  4. suzijedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Nice one, Coz. What did you manage to get and how long are you thinking of staying? If you're looking for accommodation, the Travel Lodge London Docklands isn't badly priced and I've reserved a room there (along with other peeps).

I'm trying to have a look for tickets too, but the Ticketmaster site is taking forever.

There will be folks from Rebel Legion coming to this too, so I'd imagine we could hook up for a bit of a social at some point, but we can look into that at a later date.
  5. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight

star 5
    I just got myself a £30 tickets, I'm all the way back at section BK 407, row J lol

I've not sorted any accommodation yet, but I'll check TL's site now. I might go down the Thursday and come back the Saturday :)

EDIT; Just booked into the Docklands, really not badly priced at all. Even treated meself to breakfast :p
  6. edgejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Any links for buying tickets online Coz pls?

Is there some kind of seating map?

Im booked in for the Friday and Sat nights. Will be nice to get to London again and see the bright lights [face_hypnotized]
  7. suzijedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Excuse me for butting in......

Tickets can be ordered through Ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/
    It shows the seating map when you order.

I've booked two tickets for me and the boyf (in the cheap seats) and we're staying the Fri and Sat night. Train tickets for April prob won't be avilable until mid-Jan.
  8. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight

star 5
  9. edgejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can I just go back to the beginning please....?

:confused: What on earth were you doing listening to Radio 2? Have you lost your mind????[face_hypnotized]
  10. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight

star 5
  11. suzijedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Jase and myself are going in costume with Rebel Legion and will be trooping at the arena before/during the shows. Tim's going too, but he may just be doing his own thing when not at the show.

If you want to hang around with us, PM me your mobile no and I'll keep you updated with what we're doing/where we are, or come and catch us before the show.

...and Jase, there's nothing wrong with Radio 2, you cheeky [face_monkey]
  12. edgejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    You are old before your age Suzi....get that radio dial sorted!

Tim will be helping RL crew on the Saturday night and watching the show on the Friday (not crewing). I think he's meeting up with some FFUKERs from London.
  13. Darthsmuse Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi Guys!

I'm now going just got everything sorted out today - It's a quick trip in and out of London - I'm attending the performance on Friday night and staying at the Hilton, Canary Wharf. then on Saturday I'm zooming back out of London to Naseby, Northamptonshire to 17th Century Parliamentary Army training for the rest of the Easter weekend.

Hopefully I'll catch up with some of you.

14. Ramble_Boba Jedi Master

star 5
    Hello people of old,

I have a spare ticket to this, one of the cheap ones, so if anyone is interested in a single ticket, get in touch and I shall probably give it to you at a bargin price. I doubt anyone should be interested
  15. suzijedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I would advise people to check out the TFL website for planned station/line closures on the Tube, as it may affect how you get around London:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx

There are closures on the Northern Line (affecting Kings X) and on some of the more central lines this weekend! [face_frustrated]

Darthsmuse- hope you enjoy the show and if you see Boushh and an X Wing pilot in the foyer, say hello!
  16. Darthsmuse Jedi Master

star 1
    Just said hello to Suzijedi as she was leading Chewbacca past the exhibition. Some very nice artifacts from the ranch. Saw Jeremy Bulloch and Mary and her team from Lucasfilm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.