main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books STAR WARS: A NEW DAWN (September 2014)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Apr 25, 2014.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, I'm gonna enjoy where this is going.

2. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Umbara though :cool: Gonna have to watch those episodes again tomorrow. I'd stopped watching the show by that point, but just hearing about it pulled me back in for a bit.

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    To be fair, TCW got more adult as it went on. For every baby Hutt rescue and bit of Jar Jar slapstick, there was something like Ventress impaling a clone on her lightsaber only to kiss him...

butlerd and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. zegota

zegota Jedi Master star 1

May 19, 2005
    I was one of those who got bored of TCW pretty quickly in Season 1 and gave up on it. But I've been watching Season 2 on Netflix, and I've been surprised by how quickly the quality increased, and how consistently good it's been. There are really only a handful of "meh" episodes, and hardly any actually bad ones. And a nice diversity of characters, too; for all the reputation Ahsoka has as a Mary Sue, there are long stretches of episodes where we don't see her at all, and even though Anakin and Obi-Wan are the primary character, we still get episodes to spend with Mace Windu, Boba Fett and friggin' Plo Koon.

If Rebels can hit the ground running with lessons learned from TCW, I have high hopes for it. And by the same token, hopefully A New Dawn will be better than the original The Clone Wars novelization. Though it'd be pretty hard NOT to exceed that...

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    One of the top three best scenes in the entire show. Maybe number one, although it gets some competition from her putting Boba Fett in a box.

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    She was okay in TCW but I sure didn't like that.

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Watched that episode today. Loved it! That little jerk deserved it. Best Ventress moment period, IMO.

8. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    It was the moment I had to reassess my perception of the show.

9. AquaVitae

AquaVitae Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2008
    If they include Batman and Superman they could rename it SW: A New Dawn. Of justice

10. The Extreme Moderate

The Extreme Moderate Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    What episode was that again? I don't seem to recall ever seeing it.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Bounty.

And if you haven't seen it, you've only seen the ****tier episodes of TCW, because every episode of TCW is universes less spectacular than that one.

Gorefiend likes this.
  12. The Extreme Moderate

Jun 30, 2005
    Thanks! I just looked it up. "Bounty" was the one where my friend convinced me that playing a drinking game to the show would be a really good idea. No wonder my memory is a little fuzzy!

I should have waited until the D-Squad episodes to take him up on his proposition...

Cynical_Ben likes this.
  13. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    If you did, you'd probably be dead now.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd have to stop being friends with anyone who suggested drinking to a Bounty for any reason other than celebration and abject awe.

I have a drinking game for Mortis that I'll have to dig up.

I've got an easy one for the final season 5 arc: any time a character does something annoying or monumentally ****ing stupid, take a shot.

Alcohol poisoning FTL.

Revanfan1 and Gorefiend like this.
  15. The Extreme Moderate

Jun 30, 2005
    This I want to see!

16. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Anytime someone says "balance", take a shot?

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Every time someone says "Chosen One", take a shot.

Every time someone says "destiny" or "the Force", take a shot.

Every time a character sees something that resembles a bad acid trip, take two shots.

Every time a character turns to the Dark Side to avoid turning to the Dark Side, finish the bottle.

18. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

And somewhere Henry Gilroy smiles at karma in action.

Cynical_Ben likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Upon completing the game, seek medical attention.

20. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    You'd be capable of seeking anything but either the fresher or the pearly gates after all that? Impressive, most impressive.

I believe the prudent course of action would be to have the paramedics on standby.

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    What'd actually happen? Your friends would have to take you to A&E, where you'd be deemed an utter moron and in no danger whatsoever, just lie in the corner, get your head together, get home.

22. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    True enough, but the explanation that would burble out would be hilarious.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Pour me another! I'm the Chosen One, I'm bringing balance..."

Valin__Kenobi and Gorefiend like this.
  24. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    "Balance? The only thing balanced about you right now is the alcohol and oxygen levels in your blood. Though I am impressed you managed to say balance while crying and throwing up at the same time."

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The waiting for all new material is going to kill me. For as long as I can remember with the EU there was always a wealth of books/comics to tide me over until the next release. There is EU stuff still to get but not the same.

Barriss_Coffee and Revanfan1 like this.