main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books STAR WARS: A NEW DAWN (September 2014)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oops. [face_laugh]

2. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I'm excited for this book. Partially because JJM, but mostly because I want to throw myself into Rebels to numb the pain.

3. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Not surprising. I'm actually expecting them all, except maybe the Kemp one, to be hardback.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's pricey for the Kindle edition.

6. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm glad JJM is starting this new canon. I'm very nervous about it, and he's a guy who knows his characters.
    Of course, they're Rebels guys so everyone's essentially new, but still...

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    Hey, folks. I feel awful about not having been able to appear on these boards more frequently these last few months -- though you may understand why now! -- and worse that I'm going to have to do a Bob Hope walk-in-wave-and-run, a la the old Carson days (and memorialized, for better or worse, in Spies Like Us). But I've been at the screen for twelve hours now, including getting ready for the announcement, and caffeine is no longer working.

At any rate, you've seen the link from my site, which is what I can say about the book -- but I'll just add that if you've liked the way I approach the galaxy in my writing, I think you'll like this. It feels very new to me, too, as -- with the exception of my very first Star Wars comic book and an RPG supplement that's no longer available, this is the first chance I've had to write anything post-Episode III beyond Ben Kenobi's corner of things. I've been writing of precursors to the Empire for a long time -- I have really enjoyed getting to write it for real.

So that's all I can say for now, but there will of course be interviews and such closer to the date. I think you'll dig it. (That is, if you survived any unfortunate 1980s flashbacks caused by my mentioning Spies Like Us! Ask me about the McKenzie Brothers/Spies Like Us connection sometime...)

8. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    ZOMG IT'S JJM!

I really can't wait to see how you tackle the Empire.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, one of the upsides to all this is seeing the Empire portrayed from a bunch of fresh perspectives. And seeing as I've enjoyed JJM's take on things in the past, it should be interesting.

Of course, I am at my absolutely most demanding standards-wise when it comes to portrayals of the Empire... so I'll enjoy getting to review things like this too. [face_devil] :p

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You'll have to fight me for it. [face_beatup]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You reviewed the last JJM book!

Also dibs on Tarkin. And the Vader/Palpatine buddy cop one.

...what? :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You're not getting anything unless you promise to finish them on schedule this time.

14. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Deciding who'll review it before you read it? Sounds cool to me. :p

15. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Say, are you guys as grumpy as me that just when the powers that be saw fit to give us Kenobi, they've now heartlessly torn it from the pages of Star Wars history? As far as I am concerned, they can pry it from my cold, dead hands. A novel on an absolutely tiny scale and it becomes Legends. Pffft.

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Nope, stuff the powers that be, Kenobi's still awesome.

CooperTFN likes this.
  17. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Yep, if any novel deserves to be kept around that was released in the last few years it is that one.

18. TheJediBrah

TheJediBrah Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2013
    I don't think you guys need to worry lol. Kenobi will always be part of any canon. Think about it, there's no way that story could contradict any future stories, in any way.

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Pick one. I claim the other.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Annileen Calwell exists.

The end.

CooperTFN likes this.
  21. TheJediBrah

TheJediBrah Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2013
    No she doesn't.

Annileen Calwell might though :p

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, thank you. I fixed it. [face_laugh]

My excuse is that I'm still on my first cup of coffee.

And that is a valid excuse.

TheJediBrah likes this.
  23. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    http://roqoodepot.com/2014/04/25/star-wars-legends/

Couldn't find the image elsewhere, with a cursory glance, but that article had Kenobi with the legends logo.

24. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004

Del Rey + have spent all night changing EVERYTHING to the Legends Logo. They may still be in the process, but the change has already begun.

25. Mind Riot

Mind Riot Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 25, 2013
    They spent more time designing the new Legends cover art than they did figuring out a new continuity (which is of course to say that they spent exactly twelve seconds figuring out a new continuity, it's going to take me a while to get over how lazy this approach is...we all expected changes, but who knew scorched earth would be in effect for so little reason?)